Miyamoto wants Link to the Past remake

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Source

Shigeru Miyamoto has signalled a shift in Nintendo’s focus, saying that the firm’s recent lack of software output was due to it having focused its efforts on hardware development, and that it is ready to make and release games again.

Speaking to us in London yesterday, Miyamoto said: “I think 3DS is a unique entertainment tool - everyone can understand how it works. One of our next aims is: how do you convey this message? Because one has to play and experience [it].

“We spent a lot of time developing 3DS, for games for the future, so from now on I think we’ll focus more on gaming and we are releasing lots of games this year.”

Miyamoto confirmed that we can expect more “remakes of games on 3DS as well” and revealed his hopes for the downloadable software available through eShop, which will be launched by way of a system update, expected next month.

“Personally speaking, because it’s [for] 3DS, it’ll be 3DS-specific, unique and immediately suitable for 3DS. With downloadable games via eShop we will start to create meaningful and high-value games for 3DS specifically.”

He is open, too, to Nintendo’s established franchises appearing on the eShop, saying: “I think if it’s meaningful for 3DS. For me it’s important that anyone can play, and that it’s easy and comfortable for anyone - it’s not forcing a game into the hardware itself.”

With an Ocarina Of Time remake on the way in June, Miyamoto says the one game he would most like to see remade for 3DS would be another Zelda classic. “I think A Link To The Past,” he says. “Do you remember Xevious? It’s two-layered and I really wanted to create that at the time. So to see Link To The Past in two layers would be quite attractive for me.”

As we reported yesterday, Miyamoto as good as confirmed that Nintendo will be revealing its rumoured new console at E3 in June, and also revealed new info on Super Mario 3DS, which he said will be “completely original, and coming this year.”

A LttP remake could be awesome. I'm sure Miyamoto had said years ago that he'd wanted to remake it, but saying it again seems to suggest this could be happening.

I know many people crave for new stuff too, but I'm all for remakes if it brings new gamers to the old classics and ones people missed out on. Majora and Wind Waker could all be great for 3DS.

Hopefully they can bring new Zelda stuff to us as well, but this is still happy news.

I'm really curious how that would look like, though it's one of the games where I could live without a remake. Majora's Mask on the other hand, would definitely deserve the same treatment as Ocarina of time. That masterpiece of a game was so underappreciated and was always dwelling in the shadow of Ocarina of Time. Maybe Grezzo will work on a Majora's Mask 3D if Ocarina of Time 3D is well received by the fans which is extremely likely given the game itself and the general impressions so far.

One scenario I would like to see is that Nintendo's own Zelda team keeps working on new games exclusively while the remakes are being handled by other skilled developers just like Grezzo is handling the Ocarina of Time remake. Nintendo(or more specifically Miyamoto) should still keep a close eye on the remakes though and in the case of ALttP, give the general direction, visions and ideas for the remake.

( Edited 23.04.2011 19:06 by SirLink )

Starfox 64 is the only remake I want, and perhaps some Donkey Kong Country 3DS games. (Oh shoot, Rare)

SINCE 06

Marzy said:
i never liked link to the past, so i dn't know if a remake wouldbe good or not. the 3 d cold be cool i think, but who nkows?

please don't hate me, i'm really sorry for hris,pleaese i don't mean too.

i'm really sorry

Hacked? >_>

He's Probably drunk?

OT: A remake of LttP would be awesome, 3D effects work really well on 2D games. Check out the 3D tools in the 3DS photo graffiti to see what I mean.

I personally would like to see LttP to come for the 3ds reason I had so much fun playing it on my gba.

It would be cool to see a change in perspective like Excitebike, but for LttP. Haven't played that game in a long time.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.