StarFox 3DS Denied Online Play

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Willy Wonker (guest) 13.05.2011#1

Another wasted opportunity from Nintendo and shows they still aren't taking online gaming serious enough.

Terribly disappointing move from Nintendo. Whilst multiplayer wasn't the highlight of the original N64 game, it was still an awesome addition and really they should have taken it online.

Worldwide free for all and a team option would have been great, surely not much extra programming needed and Nintendo can easily afford the upkeep.

Nintendo go on about how they're trying to improve online/social networking, but just goes to show how they're really aren't. Third parties are doing it right, why can't Nintendo?! The bloody game is already built for them, over 10 years ago.

Painful.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

It would've been awesome if they somehow integrated co-op. How sad. C'mon Nintendo.

And so it begins, yet more ignoring online multiplayer.... yaknow when you think about it, Nintendo needs online play more than anyone.... like i have 1 other friend in RL with a Wii and i rarely see him and he has no online games. i know NOONE in rl with a DS or 3DS who isnt my mother or grandpartents. i talk to ALOT of people online with Wiis, DSs and 3DSs, however nearly half my friends in real life have a ps3 or 360, i often hear the same from my fellow nintendo gamers, so why is it that the systems that need online play the most for us whos player two are overseas most the time always get neglected the most where people who live next door to eachother to play "current retard FPS game", get the most....

( Edited 13.05.2011 02:17 by welshwuff )

Yep, like I said in 3DS Discussion, this is a big disappointment. There's no excuse for multiplayer games like this one in this day and age to not have online play. Nintendo, you better sort yourselves out for Wii 2.

I suspect porting a game too online is harder then doing it from scratch.
Any fast-paced game is hard to do online - you gota anticipate and extrapolate movement, and in this case bullets too - its no where near as simple as sending the co-ordinates over the net for each player. (even good connections are irregular and lag would be insane).

Its not that Nintendo shouldnt do it, but its understandable to me they dont want to do it with a port.

http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+

Whilst Lylat Wars is all about the single player for me, I'm disappointed that it has no online play. Starfox games basically scream for it, it's just the perfect sort of game to take good advantage of it.

If they added online play, it would have actually made me more interested in the multiplayer mode. I never really played it in the N64 original.

I don't think any excuses can be made here. Rare added online modes to Perfect Dark (on Xbox Live Arcade), so I don't see why Nintendo can't with Lylat Wars. Even if it would be just a basic four player battle, like Starfox Command's online, it'd still be better than no online play.

Just ridiculous. This might have sealed the deal as I've already played the original plenty of times.

Add me on anything. I'm always looking for new friends/opponents/town visitors/chances to appear more popular than I actually am.

Another silly decision. This game is perfect for online play. I wasnt planning on getting this, even if I did buy a 3DS. This tells me nintendo just doesnt understand.

I have to classify them as a truly dumb company, like lemmings. You can show them the right path hundreds of times but left on their own, they still walk of the tallest building.

( Edited 13.05.2011 10:46 by meeto_0 )

Disappointing but I was expecting it tbh. When me and my mates use to play it, we had so much fun with it. What a shame Smilie

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

There is no good excuse for this. "It would be difficult" is frankly lame, and giving Nintendo a pass they don't deserve.

I'm not buying it one way or another, don't care about Star Fox. But this concerns me about whether Nintendo's attitude to online has truly changed like they say it has.

When you think about it it's shocking! The work that goes in to XBLA remakes of games from this era and earlier that add online play as standard whilst updating the visuals to 1080p make a complete show of a full retail game on a console supposedly pushing connectivity.

Are we ever going to experience Nintendo franchises online in the way we can enjoy Halo or other games? All they have done is spruce the graphics up, and the game is kinda short when you think about it.

Add me on anything. I'm always looking for new friends/opponents/town visitors/chances to appear more popular than I actually am.

I expected this, and I'm OK with it.

I'll just continue to pray for a Project Cafe game from Retro Studios.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Squidboy said:

I'll just continue to pray for a Project Cafe game from Retro Studios.

That'll be the saving grace. The SF franchise needs a bit of a reboot.

Rasengan (guest) 13.05.2011#15

Even Star Fox Command on the DS had online play for up to 6 players! WTF are they thinking, it pisses me off that they're not even trying to incorparate some online aspects into the game. What a wasted oppertunity. =/

This completely sucks, or better yet, as Slippy would say: "NOOOOOOOOO!"

"Do a Barrel Roll!"

It's not even necessarily about online matches. Online leaderboards are absent with this news too. Star Fox is a game that has a lot of competitive players, and leaderboards would be such a good way to keep people coming back for more. I see no excuse for at least having that implemented either.

The Sonic the Hedgehog series springs to mind. The games are fairly short, but the appeal of leaderboards for times and scores is there, and Sega did that for Sonic 4.

I hope Nintendo hear the feedback from fans, and really change their attitude in the future. I do have hope for Project Cafe; I think they'll give us a good service akin to Xbox Live, but the way they're going about it at the moment is still no different from the past.

"StarFox 3DS Denied Online Play"

WHAT?!! *goes to rally a posse*

( Edited 13.05.2011 18:02 by MechaG2 )

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Dr.Shrapnel (guest) 13.05.2011#19

Four player Battle Mode dogfights exciting? Uh yeah...sure.
In Nintendo's defense I just don't see online dogfights to be fun period. If anything online co-op would be the better choice. But hey, it's Nintendo, and we all know they're stuck in the dark ages when it comes to modern inventions like online gaming and DVD movies.

Star Wolf (guest) 13.05.2011#20

Cant't let you do that Nintendo.

Wow! This game is a classic and when you're remixing it to make it smoother and more in tune with modern hardware it's a such a disappointment to see an idea like the possibility of online multilayer, which was highly anticipated, go to waste it creates an even bigger fall for us fans. It's my fault for getting to hyped up about the idea of "Starfox 64 online," as a result i feel even worse. Thanks nintendo

Mamoon Hindi
BASED
&
Will Be
FOREVER

With this attitude, the Xbox 3 and Playstation 4 will kill project cafe. Sort it out nintendo!!

Lame. That is all Nintendo, thought it wont stop me buying this.

SINCE 06

A good angry article on this subject:

http://www.n-sider.com/contentview.php?contentid=4155

If anyone is ever going to pay any attention then we need to make a difference with our wallets. If this angers you, don't buy it. I know I won't be now.

Lamesauce...:-/ That is all.

It is not wise to speak on subjects you do not know all facts about, nor is it smart to judge a game based on looks alone. PSN: Nintendo_Gamer 3DS: 4296-3029-7422

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.