Pre-E3 Skyward Sword Rumours Appear [news]

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Flying!

I saw that post yesterday. Basically it was a bunch of greentext and no source. While plausible, there is absolutely no evidence that these statements are true.

Our member of the week

Less than a week of wait till E3 anyway, so it won't be long before we finally know Smilie.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

To add a little bit and get some more speculation going, I'm gonna post a picture from the GDC 2011 trailer here. I was re-watching it just now and noticed something VERY interesting:

Image for

See those 2 U-formed shapes in red and blue on that platform? Those are definitely magnets and every dedicated Zelda fan should know what that could mean... YES, I'm talking about the return of the Magnetic Gloves from Oracle of Seasons. It might be a different item with a magnetic ability but the general concept could very well be the same.

Personally, I'd be really excited if they brought back a great, not so well-known item like the Magnetic Gloves. It could open up a ton of possibilities, puzzle-wise or maybe even combat-wise?? Disarming enemies that have metallic weapons or repelling enemies that are wearing metallic armor into walls, bottomless pits or even traps? It would be awesome. Smilie

I'm also getting the feeling that there's so much about Skyward Sword we still don't know about. Something is just...off and it's making me very suspicious. Nintendo has said that they want to surprise people again and showing off everything ages in advance like with Twilight Princess definitely isn't the way to achieve that. I expect to be absolutely blown away.

So, what do you guys think? Smilie

Nintendo has said that they want to surprise people again and showing off everything ages in advance like with Twilight Princess definitely isn't the way to achieve that. I expect to be absolutely blown away.

I agree. I really think people are going to be impressed when they show it at E3 next week. We know hardly anything about the story, characters and environments. I predict some sort of epic trailer too.

Yeah like you said, we hardly know anything about the game. We've seen some items, 1 environment (and some snippets of dungeons). Some nameless characters...

Do we even know the theme of this Zelda? Or will flying be the theme?

Remember that post of Aonuma, where he said his son wanted Link to fly? Why would you say that if you don't have plans to include that in your game?

I think in retrospect, the title Skyward Sword will be very obvious (once we find out what it means). As in, it links the ground and the sky worlds. Whether there will be actual controllable flying, we don't know, but there will most likely be a sky world.

Mmm, I like the last one about the neverending epilogue. Could Nintendo even go as far as to put DLC dungeons into the game? I'd totally pay $3 for a new Zelda Dungeon every week for a total of an extra $3 from me.

Egyptian Zelda please!

Yeah, I'm a bit skeptical about some of these. The "live action prologue" seems particularly unlikely, as does the Ganondorf cameo (wasn't this game supposed to take place hundreds of years before OoT?), and the "neverending epilogue" honestly seems too good to be true. Incidentally, has there ever been a sorcerer in a Zelda game who WASN'T evil?

gatotsu911 said:
Incidentally, has there ever been a sorcerer in a Zelda game who WASN'T evil?

Image for

The sorcerers in Zelda II: Adventure of Link don't seem to be evil since they're teaching Link helpful spells. Smilie

And wasn't there a friendly Wizard in 1 of the Oracle guys?
Oh and don't forget Ezlo from The Minish Cap!

Using 4chan as a source of information...!? Smilie

A live action Zelda sounds terrible....

Avoid Games Like the Plague, productivity++

"- Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release."

Because that worked SO WELL for Resident Evil Smilie

Anyway, that just seems like something Nintendo wouldn't do. A lot of the stuff on this list would be pretty epic, some of it is even easy to guess, but there's no reason to believe anything here.

NNID: crackedthesky
My blog, mostly about writing: http://www.davidjlovato.com
personman (guest) 04.06.2011#15

I doubt te one that says it's complete but needs debugging. it shouldn't take 4 months to iron out all the bugs. I don't think the one about ganondorf only appearing briefly and not important is true either. but one that I hope is true and seems somewhat likely is the one with the never ending epilogue. that could possibly be the best thing they do with this game

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.