Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Zelda Link's Awakening DX was my first Zelda game, so I might get this just for nostalgia's sake. Although the price does seem a bit high for a GBC game.

£5.40? Does Nintendo know you can easily emulate this stuff?

Add me on anything. I'm always looking for new friends/opponents/town visitors/chances to appear more popular than I actually am.

I was considering it since it's one of the few Zelda's I've not finished, but the price seems a bit steep, and disappointing it's not been threedee'd.

So are they gonna release another version that's in 3D? Or will you be able to update it to 3D for free? So many questions.

( Edited 08.06.2011 12:09 by Azuardo )

Unlike other Gameboy (Color) titles though, Link's Awakening DX is actually well worth the price, especially if you haven't played it yet. I'd definitely buy it if it wasn't for the original GBC copy I've bought last year to complete my Zelda collection. Smilie

More shitty currency conversions courtesy of Nintendo.

SINCE 06

I don't know whether to get this or not. I've played a bit of it and I liked what I played. Tbh.. I think £5 is worth it... eh, maybe I'm just used to having overpriced games..?

Tbh I looked at the price on a few different sites and it's around £10 used so the price is ok by me Smilie

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

I absolutely love this game. Played the crap out of it when I was a kid.

Also, it may not be in 3D, but for those of you that don't already know, if you hold down START and SELECT before the game loads, you'll see a GameBoy/GameBoy Color border around the screen set at its original resolution. If you raise the 3D slider all the way up, the screen will look like it sort of sank into the GameBoy.

And, of course, holding L+R and pressing Y will give the original GameBoy games that oldschool green tint. I love the good ol' easter eggs. Smilie

"You make me want to play Russian Roulette with a glock. By myself."

Yeah, the GBC border can be set to 3D. And I would definitely pay a fiver for this gem, if you haven't played it properly before. One of the best stories in Zelda. Such a brilliant little game.

I just hope we get the Oracles too.

Azuardo said:
Yeah, the GBC border can be set to 3D. And I would definitely pay a fiver for this gem, if you haven't played it properly before. One of the best stories in Zelda. Such a brilliant little game.

I also hope we get those too. Will be buying both if we get them. xD

I'll get it because it's the only handheld Zelda title I haven't played but £5.40 is a joke.

With Zelda I can let it slide but I doubt I'll be getting any other GB/GBC game. PSone classics on the PSstore are only £3.99 (most games anyway.)

Our member of the week

This made me want to play my original copy of DX on my GBA SP Smilie. But I don't have time for that :/.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

I would like to know what a reasonable price for this game/GBC games would be for you guys, since I thought this was quite reasonable, especially since I've only played like 5 minutes of it before.

( Edited 09.06.2011 00:29 by Mush123 )

Dude, if you found Link's Awakening in a shop second hand for five quid, that's an absolute steal. I paid 30 quid for this badboy back in the day. Sure, Nintendo might overcharge for future GB/GBC titles, but this is five quid for one of the best Zeldas in the series!

Azuardo said:

Oh, God, yes. I loved the Oracle series as well. Especially since I found a nifty little password generator. Wink wink.

"You make me want to play Russian Roulette with a glock. By myself."

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
jesusraz

There are 1 members online at the moment.