Zelda: Skyward Sword - Official Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 20.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Discuss The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii), news, the latest pictures and videos!

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Squidboy said:

FUCK!! You beat me to it. Literally came here to post the exact same thing. Damn you squid Destructioidng Smilie

I'm just about to head into the 5th temple/dungeon. The game gets better and better as you progress. I'm warming to the controls a little more, as well. I'm still finding them to be frustrating on occasions though.

( Edited 22.11.2011 14:17 by Marzy )

Marzy said:
I'm just about to head into the 5th temple/dungeon. The game gets better and better as you progress. I'm warming to the controls a little more, as well. I'm still finding them to be frustrating on occasions though.

Wow, you certainly caught up with me quickly. I guess that's what I get for sidequesting so much. By the way... how many Gratitude Crystals does everyone have?

( Edited 22.11.2011 17:12 by Mush123 )

I completed the 5th temple/dungeon earlier and worked on a few sidequests afterwards.

As for Gratitude Crystals, I have 32.

Also I forgot to mention, the boss of the 4th temple/dungeon was so amazing! Parts of it were the most satisfying moments I've had using MotionPlus.

4th boss and 5th dungeon have been the best so far.

Gratitude Crystals, I have 56. Been spending a lot of time searching for sidequests and actually doing them, haha. Smilie

Regarding sidequests...

I am debating about what to do for that, Marzy. Was thinking of doing one, then reloading a save and doing the other option. Just to see what happens.

Marzy said:
Regarding sidequests...

Here's what I did -
Also, about my play time and being a little behind with others, I've also been gathering collectibles to upgrade my stuff. I have everything fully upgraded so far, lol.

5th dungeon and really enjoying the game so far.

Gratitude Crystals look suspiciously like StarBits.

( Edited 22.11.2011 19:16 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Exactly what I thought, the moment I saw one.

I've not upgraded anything so far. That's one side of the game that I don't find particularly fun and I'm doing fine with the default weapons. I've hardly ever used my shield, because it breaks so easily and I can't be bothered with the hassle of replacing it all the time. I feel it serves no purpose anyway, I just dodge attacks and strike when I need to.

Motherfucker Mike (you'll know him if you watch James Rolfe's videos) shares his thoughts.

( Edited 22.11.2011 19:37 by Marzy )

Squidboy said:

Glad I wasn't the only person to notice that! Smilie

Has anyone been into Zelda's room yet? I managed to get into it. Got a nice little easter egg in there...

( Edited 22.11.2011 19:31 by Mush123 )

Same, spotted one through a gap in a room and just thought it was an easter egg to SMG. How wrong I was!

@Marzy

Well perhaps you should upgrade it then, you would have been using it a lot more if you did Smilie I find using it really fun. With some practise (with a metal shield) in the training rooms log swing, you should start to enjoy it, The shield barge is so much fun, it made fighting Ghirahim more easier. I'm enjoying the collecting, so upgrading everything when I can, I also make sure I'm fully prepared for bosses and dungeons. I've just upgraded the light pink potion for the 5th dungeon boss later on.

Interesting Famitsu interview:

http://www.1up.com/news/skyward-sword-directorproducer-postmortem

( Edited 22.11.2011 19:39 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

To be honest, I completely forget I have a shield most of the time, especially since it's now controlled by the flicking the nunchuck.

What does everyone think of the music?

I'm not finding much of it memorable, but there's few stand out ones. Even the overworld theme hasn't grabbed as much as previous Zelda's, but the orchestration is great on that one. Call me mad, but I'd say it's one of the poorer Zelda soundtracks, overall.

*Puts up flame shield*

( Edited 22.11.2011 20:24 by Marzy )

Marzy said:
To be honest, I completely forget I have a shield most of the time, especially since it's now controlled by the flicking the nunchuck.

What does everyone think of the music?

I'm not finding much of it memorable, but there's few stand out ones. Even the overworld theme hasn't grabbed as much as previous Zelda's, but the orchestration is great on that one. Call me mad, but I'd say it's one of the poorer Zelda soundtracks, overall.

*Puts up flame shield*

Kinda agree with you Marzy. I mean it's not bad but it's not very memorable either. None of the music really stands out.

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Yeah, not many standouts and I certainly can't recall any off my head. It's mostly ambience stuff, particularly in the dungeons, which work well and do sound great, but it would have been better to have more tunes that would get stuck in your head as well. I get the feeling they wanted to try something new.

I've put 25 hours into the game and I'm close to the 4th dungeon. I spent a lot of time on sidequests and upgrading my gear. I wonder how much time it will take me to beat the game!

( Edited 22.11.2011 22:09 by Canyarion )

I have no gripes with the soundtrack, the main theme (Ballad of The Goddess) is catchy, so is the Romance Theme. The music doesn't need to be something that gets stuck in your head, apart from maybe the main theme.. which is always stuck in my head, lol.

The music really fits in well with the dungeons and locations within the game and to be perfectly honest, that's all that matters to me. I could probably listen to this as much as I could listen to any other Zelda soundtrack, I love some songs more than others but that's the same with any other soundtrack.

EDIT: Played for like 42 hours overall, just did the 3rd trial. Btw, a couple of hours or more of that is when I paused for bathroom breaks, dinner, getting a drink, etc. Smilie

I really didn't want to stop playing tonight, but it's best I stop early so I can actually sleep and get up for college. Night guys!

( Edited 22.11.2011 22:34 by Mush123 )

On the final boss.

This game is epic.

Just beat the game!

Wow, that was emotional. You know that 'lump in your throat' feeling you get sometimes after beating an epic game? Happened right here. Absolutely loved the story and what Nintendo have done with this game. It's definitely a step in the right direction. I've badly missed a console Legend of Zelda, and it's a crying shame we've had to wait 5 years for this. But it was so worth it.

I loved the credits theme and it reminded me how much I adore the Goddess Song. Shall definitely be listening to these again for sure. In fact, I can't get the Goddess Song out of my head now, so I can somewhat take my comment back about not having any that stick in your head! Would have liked a few more memorable ones, but still a great soundtrack.

Onto the extras!

Finish time was about 35 hours.

( Edited 23.11.2011 01:41 by Azuardo )

I think a major reason Link is mute is because Nintendo wants the player to be Link. He's a blank slate that gamers can have their own experiences with. Though I do think all the other characters should have voice acting.

Oh, and thanks a lot for putting the spoiler tags up.

bornforthis43 said:
I think a major reason Link is mute is because Nintendo wants the player to be Link. He's a blank slate that gamers can have their own experiences with.

That's 100% the reason. I don't think any Zelda fans want Link to speak anyway. Would be disastrous lol.

Azuardo said:
Finish time was about 35 hours.

How much sidequesting and searching for Pieces of Heart did you do? I've done a lot of that, lol. Same with gathering upgrade materials. I should have it finished by tomorrow, maybe.

Comment on The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Developer

Nintendo

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Action Adventure

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  10/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10 (28 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now   
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.