Zelda: Skyward Sword - Official Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Discuss The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii), news, the latest pictures and videos!

Hmm I think I might have to preorder Skyward Sword in a bit. Looks really awesome Smilie

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

The world is waiting. Well, Zelda fans are.

Wallpaper:

http://zelda.nintendo.com/wallpaper/wp4-1280x1024.jpg

( Edited 23.09.2011 23:51 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Ok so I just played Skyward Sword at EuroGamer Expo and... not impressed, mainly by the new control system, was it necessary to change it? changing from different weapons on B, then switching back, what the hell.

Irfy said:
Ok so I just played Skyward Sword at EuroGamer Expo and... not impressed, mainly by the new control system, was it necessary to change it? changing from different weapons on B, then switching back, what the hell.

I think they wanted to streamline the interface. Instead of having multiple buttons to press for items, make it more "switch on the fly" if you know what I mean. Personally, I'd rather have the old interface though.

Edit: And I know this is off topic, but my profile pic is gone...

( Edited 24.09.2011 01:08 by bornforthis43 )

Do love that new CGI sequence... oozes awesome! Supposedly there's quite a bit of rendered cut-scenes within the game - a new for Nintendo?

Controls don't seem too be too bad, I'm sure we'll get use to the setup. The only thing that concerns me is that it's still looking a little odd the way Link moves about with MotionPlus, especially with the sword sticking out *shudder*

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

I like the new interface, I think it's a logical move. I'm sure after a while you'll remember the positioning of items and changes will feel seamless.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Hi there, just played skyward at eurogamer and whilst it looked very good i didi not feel the controls to be vrey responsive, sepecially with the sword jab. maybe was the lack of training and just getting straight into it. still can't wait to get it!!!!!

the flying bee ws cool!!

TheNakedGun said:
Hi there, just played skyward at eurogamer and whilst it looked very good i didi not feel the controls to be vrey responsive, sepecially with the sword jab. maybe was the lack of training and just getting straight into it. still can't wait to get it!!!!!

the flying bee ws cool!!

Yes another thing I also noticed, the sword, when I was facing the spider, the sword was just felt weak and unresponsive and when it came to finishing the spider off I couldn't pull it off. maybe it wud change. Also the running is an interesting new move but I do miss the rolling.

( Edited 25.09.2011 21:32 by Irfy )

I already pre ordered my copy! I think it's great that Nintendo is attempting to make a new control scheme and story for Zelda. I'm excited to see the direction they end up going with this, especially when it comes to the controls. I mean, I remember playing Ocarina of Time for the first time and tripping out at the fact how Link had to automatically jump! It's totally new to me, and I LOVE THAT. Although I didn't hate TP, I already knew how the game was gonna play and how the puzzles would turn out thanks to Ocarina of Time. Nothing new, IMO other than a story. ;/ So, again, it's all going to be a big surprise and learning experience again. n_n

A lot of new details have been release in the latest issue of Nintendo Power. There quite a few spoilers, so I've put them in a Spoiler tag.

I've just read everything in that spoiler....

.....oh
.....my
.....god. Smilie

I duno, im still not convinced, the wow factor hasnt touched me yet, was not that impressed by the demo at eurogamer either so that doesnt help either.

A bit of the intro and gameplay

http://www.gamekyo.com/videofr20406_zelda-skyward-sword-intro-gameplay.html

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

It's so tempting to watch, but I must not look, otherwise it'll really ruin it. The intros are always great and that's something that I don't want spoiled.

Truth. The intro in a Zelda game is your "Wow, look at all this!" moment. Think back to when you've played any Zelda game a second time. The intro becomes a "Must get past this shit" kind of thing. Don't ruin it for yourselves, folks!

http://kotaku.com/5844985/the-first-two-dreamlike-hours-of-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword

Ifrit XXII said:

.....oh
.....my
.....god. Smilie

See, I wasn't the least bit tempted until I read this! Smilie

Cheesing it up said:
Ifrit XXII said:

.....oh
.....my
.....god. Smilie

See, I wasn't the least bit tempted until I read this! Smilie

This.

I really want to read what's in it, but I shan't! I've got this shit pre-ordered so I only have to hold out for about a month and a half...

Dear god Smilie

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~

I can't wait more than a month!!! MUST LOOK AT SPOILERS...

Haha, I'm still spoiler-free here. Well, I did see 1 of the new trailers... looks so much fun.

I'm in love with the music...

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Romance theme by rawmeatcowboy

( Edited 30.09.2011 21:32 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

That song's really soothing. I hope the rest is gonna be as awesome. AHHHHHHHHH, Skyward Sword is slowly taking over my life!

Left handed mode has been confirmed by Audrey of IGN in this video. Don't watch for some SPOILERS. Link apparently changes to left handed as well.

It also reveals that

( Edited 06.10.2011 17:47 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

ONM spoiled something for me, because they mentioned part of the game in a headline. Smilie

I want to opt out of the hype-train to avoid spoilers but that's easier said than done. Smilie

These new trailers really look incredible. You have to properly see Link walking around these environments to fully appreciated the design and style of the game. I am impressed. Felt kind of iffy about it until now.

Always planned to sell my Wii but never got round to it, now it's hardly worth anything there's no chance I'm flogging it with this around the corner. Last big Ninty hurrah on Wii?

( Edited 08.10.2011 18:46 by Soundworks )

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

Comment on The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Developer

Nintendo

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Action Adventure

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  10/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10 (28 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now   
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, Ofisil

There are 2 members online at the moment.