Wii U to be 50% More Powerful Than Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 [news]

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 23.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Wow, I've never been much of a graphics-whore but that's pretty nice.

Tbh, this is not really saying a whole lot.

I'm not thinking about graphics right now but of being able to use two Wii U units at the same time and the system being powerful enough to do that. Local MP would be great with a screen right there on the controller...

That is great to hear, I hope it's true.

If only for all the graphic nerds to finally shut up.

Canyarion said:
That is great to hear, I hope it's true.

If only for all the graphic nerds to finally shut up.

To be honest it's not great news, the PS3 is six year years old and the 360 is seven. Being 50% more powerful than technology that is seven years old is nothing to boast about. I was expecting better to be honest, it's a shame.

It's not a sin for a console to have decent graphics by the way, just because you don't want HD gaming doesn't mean no one else wants it.

( Edited 14.06.2011 20:51 by Birdo Is A Tranny )

I can't wait for Wii U.. graphics look great and that controller is a neat idea. I wonder what the price will be????

Compared to the rumors that it's 'about as strong' as PS360, I'd say it's pretty good news.

I suspect that horse power is going to play a smaller role this gen than in the previous ones.

I doubt the games will look any better than the PS3/360 regardless of how much more powerful the hardware is. The PS3 was supposed to be a lot more powerful than the 360, yet many games run worse on it. Not to mention the PC which should be 10x better, but games barely look any better except for resolution and frame rate.

PMD said:
I doubt the games will look any better than the PS3/360 regardless of how much more powerful the hardware is. The PS3 was supposed to be a lot more powerful than the 360, yet many games run worse on it. Not to mention the PC which should be 10x better, but games barely look any better except for resolution and frame rate.

That's largely because multiplatform games are being developed for the PS360 (or for the 360, if you want to get specific) and then ported to PC, often with only minor improvements. The console market is much more profitable for developers meaning it's very rare to see games that are made ground up for the PC.

As long as Zelda HD looks and runs as great as it does in the tech demo, I don't care how much power it's got compared to the PS3/360. Smilie

It's not a sin for a console to have decent graphics by the way, just because you don't want HD gaming doesn't mean no one else wants it.

HD gaming != high end graphics.
Its just a resolution. You can have HD emulated PS1 games!
[/gets rather annoyed with this :p]

http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+

It need to be atleast 50% more powerful otherwise in 2013 its going to be severly behind tech wise and third party support would cease again.

Surely nintendo are smart enough to realise this potential problem. They need to build in some safety for the future.

meeto_0 said:
Surely nintendo are smart enough to realise this potential problem. They need to build in some safety for the future.
Expansion pack! =D
j/k

This is still a rumour, yet people still take it as fact -_-

We won't know the actual specs for a long time, and judging from the CPU and GPU it's based on, it should be at least a 100% increase in power over the last systems, I doubt many devs have got a hold of the Development kit long enough for them to optimise the power out of it.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Sandy Wilson

There are 1 members online at the moment.