Zelda & Zumba Put Nintendo Back on Top

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 23.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I don't get it.

Zumba clearly outsold against LOZ3D in every category.

Though when I go to click the link on the home page it clearly says, "Zelda puts Nintendo back on top."

I notice it now says Zumba and Zelda in the actual article but I feel that having it say Zelda puts Nintendo on top is misleading. I think it would be fair if Zumba actually got the credit it deserved. It was clearly the most sold game of this week.

Mario, Mega Man and Rayman FTW!!!

I want to know the hardware sales! Is OoT finally the game the 3DS needed?

Canyarion said:
I want to know the hardware sales! Is OoT finally the game the 3DS needed?

Well, considering what it says in the blurb, 1/5 of 3DS owners bought the game in the first weekend! That tells us:

1.) Pilotwings is owned by ~1/5 of the 3DS owners
2.) 3DS sales are very low
3.) 3DS owners were starving for a big new game

SuperShyGuy62 said:
I don't get it. Zumba clearly outsold against LOZ3D in every category.

C3 has two titles, one has a character limit - I deleted the wrong word. Sorted now Smilie

Adam Riley [ Director :: Cubed3 ]

UNITE714: Weekly Prayers | Bible Verses

Was going to get a copy of the game for the free soundtrack but after all soundtrack copies were taken on the first 24 hours and I would have had to call customer service to validate my free CD order... well, it was just one too many hoops since I don't actually own a 3DS hahaha. Hope they release the soundtrack for 500 coins on the Club Nintendo Store.

It will no doubt end up on Club Nintendo for something crazy like 5,000 Stars Smilie

Some extra data for people wondering just HOW bad the 3DS has sold in the UK:

This week Zumba Fitness sold a total of 37,900 units, and given the Wii edition sold about 90% of that, the Wii version's sales come out at 33,700 units (the remaining 400 copies on PS3, and 3,400 on 360).

With me so far? Well, that means Zelda sold a little less than than. If it sold pretty much exactly the same amount that would mean the Nintendo 3DS lifetime sales in the UK would be under 170,000. Now, considering in its first weekend it sold 113,000 units, that's an abysmal amount of weekly sales since 25th March Smilie

Also, from that, Pilotwings Resort has sold around 40,000 units since launch day.

Oh dear Smilie

Adam Riley [ Director :: Cubed3 ]

UNITE714: Weekly Prayers | Bible Verses

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Sandy Wilson

There are 1 members online at the moment.