Sonic the Hedgehog Turns 20 Today!

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 25.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

The first ever game I remember playing was Sonic the Hedgehog on my dad's Mega-Drive, I loved it to bits, and Sonic 2. I watched the Sonic cartoons when I was younger as well, which I always thought was brilliant, and I had a Sonic 2 T-shirt that I went to school with (my first Primary School had no uniform).

I never got a Saturn, but my dad got me the PC version of Sonic CD, which I thought was brilliant besides the fact I had no idea what was going on at the time of playing, only that a girl hedgehog had been kidnapped by Metal Sonic and I had to rescue her.

Then I remember going to Toys R Us and playing the Dreamcast for the first time, I thought the whale Jumping out of the water and wrecking the runway was awesome, the graphics were outstanding at the time.

I got a GC because Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was on it, and Sonic Advance was my second GBA game. Lately I haven't been into Sonic games as much though, the last one I fully completed was Heroes, but I've ordered Sonic Colours off Amazon and I'm sure that Sonic Generations will be excellent.

TLDR: Sonic shaped my young gaming life.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Drew this quickly at work to mark this special day...yeah I need a life LOOOL

Image for

Always going to be a fan of the original games, especially S3&K - love Colours, Adventure 1/2, Unleashed. Can't wait for Generations!

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Inspired me to do my own little drawing.

Image for
Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw
PinkiePie (guest) 23.06.2011#4

I like the story of Sonic 06.

He should have died when he was 10.

Birdo Is A Tranny said:
He should have died when he was 10.

I really couldn't agree more. Lol. But I might as well show a little respect. So here goes my tribute paragraph to him.

Sonic da Hedgehog was said to be the "greatest and most attractive character of all time" (Guptil89). He was loved by many and fantasized by many more. He was fast, blue and a children hero to many. Sonic is so perfect that if anyone criticized him, he will have the utmost support from his most hardcore fans. Here is an ideal line used by his fans to defend him.

-(Expletive) YOU! SONIC IZNT A FURRY!!! HES A SEGA MADE HEREO!!! MARIO IS A FAT (Expletive) FAGGOT!!! GET IT THROUGH YOUR RETARDED HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-

He's had some decent games in which they had some good but cheesy rock music that anyone can make at least 20% cooler. Proof is located down below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi54WXIoDas

Sonic's glory days came to an end when Shadow the Hedgehog was annouced. Possibly the WORST Sonic character in existance. He's a flamboyant angst filled individual who has no self esteem and yet always figures that he is one to blame. It is like Robotnik (Eggman for the hard core fans ;D) took Sonic's actual DNA to make a clone but instead, ripped Clouds p*ssy ass personality and stuck it into Shadow. Long story short, I hate him. -.-

But SEGA team is realizing that they do not need to cater to the mounds of 12 year old Sonic fanboys to make a good game. Instead, they go back to making side scrolling games and actually brought Sonic's actual eye color back and made him 20 lbs heavier. SEGA's next step in the right direction would be to halt any hedgehog related and actually make a third Jet Set Radio. It would truly be the best thing for them to do with all money that is spent on getting 12 year olds a game of humans having love interest with anthropomorphic animal people.

In the end though, it doesn't stop that Sonic is now one year away from being able to do anything. (Well anything except rent a car.) Until then, Happy Birthday Sonic! Your fans will be partying hard!

Image for

Mario, Mega Man and Rayman FTW!!!

one of the best gaming franchises to date

Oh JB, there are so many things wrong with this, I don't even know where to begin.

It's going to be shit and you jolly well know it.

Man it feels like yesterday when I first played a Sonic game. I can't believe we are the same age. Me, the same age as my video game hero. There have been a few ups and downs in Sonic's career, but most of them have been ups. My gaming love for Sonic will never die, never. I wish him the very best this year and more to come. And hello to Classic Sonic in Generations as well. Not seen you for a long time.

SuperYoshi6 PSN name
3DS friend code 2878-9581-8999

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
juzzy

There are 1 members online at the moment.