Nintendo Special | Sonic the Hedgehog Turns 20 - Our Memories

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 25.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

The first time I played a Sonic game was back in 1994 when I got home from school and there was a MegaDrive in the living room with a cartridge of Sonic 2. I was too young to play games when the first batch was released, so I had to wait a few years to play them. I have always been a SEGA boy, more than Nintendo, SEGA just nailed it for me in my youth. I got all of the MegaDrive games, even the not so entertaining Sonic Spinball. I never let my older brother play it when it was his turn, because I was just in pure awe when I was speeding through Emerald Hill Zone. The music has been a prime for the MegaDrive games. I did play a lot of the GameGear games, But not until Sonic Adventure DX was released. If I had to pick my all time favourite Sonic game that has ever been made it would have to be Sonic 3 and Knuckles, best Sonic game to have been developed.

SuperYoshi6 PSN name
3DS friend code 2878-9581-8999

"the two characters are almost complete opposites, but if anyone can make it work, it's Nintendo."
--> Yet it wasn't Nintendo but Sega who did it. Smilie

ennan (guest) 27.06.2011#3

For me the highlight of the sonic series was sonic 3 and knuckles. Epic doesn't cover it - especially from hidden palace onwards. The prophecy on the wall, the fight with knuckles, robotniks motivations revealed, the Chase up to the death egg and the fight with Mecha sonic... All leading up to the mind blowing doomsday zone. Perfect game.
The music for the megadrive Sonics was also superb.

MR Mobius III (guest) 27.06.2011#4

SOnic Generations better be good I've been waiting Sega, I have been waiting!!!

RobotnickEggman (guest) 27.06.2011#5

Sonic 1 2 and 3 are perfect for me
Number four we'll speak of no more
Sonic Adventure was the best
Heroes put you to the test
Sonic I love your chilli

Canyarion said:
"the two characters are almost complete opposites, but if anyone can make it work, it's Nintendo."
--> Yet it wasn't Nintendo but Sega who did it. Smilie

Yup, I meant in regards to a platformer, which I honestly would rather Nintendo handle. Anyone can make a mini-game collection. Smilie

Greg (guest) 27.06.2011#7

I liked the roast in the other one. Could that be posted in here. I feel it will be ignored due to the newer thread. Could the user please repost it? It was epic!

Oh, I guess I liked Sonic Adventure the best.

Greg (guest) said:
I liked the roast in the other one. Could that be posted in here. I feel it will be ignored due to the newer thread. Could the user please repost it? It was epic!

Oh, I guess I liked Sonic Adventure the best.

Haha!
Sure. I guess I can put it back up.

Sonic da Hedgehog was said to be the "greatest and most attractive character of all time" (Guptil89). He was loved by many and fantasized by many more. He was fast, blue and a children hero to many. Sonic is so perfect that if anyone criticized him, he will have the utmost support from his most hardcore fans. Here is an ideal line used by his fans to defend him.

-(Expletive) YOU! SONIC IZNT A FURRY!!! HES A SEGA MADE HEREO!!! MARIO IS A FAT (Expletive) FAGGOT!!! GET IT THROUGH YOUR RETARDED HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-

He's had some decent games in which they had some good but cheesy rock music that anyone can make at least 20% cooler. Proof is located down below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi54WXIoDas

Sonic's glory days came to an end when Shadow the Hedgehog was annouced. Possibly the WORST Sonic character in existance. He's a flamboyant angst filled individual who has no self esteem and yet always figures that he is one to blame. It is like Robotnik (Eggman for the hard core fans ;D) took Sonic's actual DNA to make a clone but instead, ripped Clouds p*ssy ass personality and stuck it into Shadow. Long story short, I hate him. -.-

But SEGA team is realizing that they do not need to cater to the mounds of 12 year old Sonic fanboys to make a good game. Instead, they go back to making side scrolling games and actually brought Sonic's actual eye color back and made him 20 lbs heavier. SEGA's next step in the right direction would be to halt any hedgehog related and actually make a third Jet Set Radio. It would truly be the best thing for them to do with all money that is spent on getting 12 year olds a game of humans having love interest with anthropomorphic animal people.

In the end though, it doesn't stop that Sonic is now one year away from being able to do anything. (Well anything except rent a car.) Until then, Happy Birthday Sonic! Your fans will be partying hard!

Image for

Mario, Mega Man and Rayman FTW!!!

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
juzzy

There are 1 members online at the moment.