Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 20.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Link.
Crytek co-founder Avni Yerli:

"From our perspective we always had a lot of fun playing Timesplitters - Timesplitters 2 was amazing fun. Crytek and Crytek UK are interested in the IP; we are thinking about it but we’re trying to decide what we could do best with the IP, where we could bring it. There are no concrete plans yet."

When we suggested doing an HD collection of existing games, Yerli added: "That’s a good idea! [laughs] There are indeed a lot of games doing it but we haven’t thought about that yet. But it’s a good idea..."

I wouldn't mind an HD Collection if it means online for TS2. Or if they could combine all the multiplayer modes/characters/etc from all TS games into one for online play, and still put all the TS games' story modes on it too. Virus and Flame Tag online would be a dream come true, and story co-op online would be awesome as well.

I would be extremely content if they did something like this whilst we wait for TS4, which could take years.

Edit: Fuck, forgot to put a topic title so the feed is temporarily buggered. C3 should have something in place where it makes you put a title before you can post :L

( Edited 27.06.2011 23:48 by Azuardo )

I really had a lot of fun with the map editor in TS2. That sort of thing could be taken to a whole new level this gen with networking. Shame no one seems to really do it these days.

TS4 with the manic gameplay plus an online suite with map sharing could be a lot of fun. Would definitely stand-out among today's other FPS too.

( Edited 28.06.2011 15:00 by Jacob4000 )

Timesplitters was awesome I'd always be the Handyman. It's nice that they're thinking about making an HD compilation, but I'd rather them make 4. Also, there have been strange rumors with them and the next Xbox.

Also, there have been strange rumors with them and the next Xbox.

Which they literally responded as "bullshit", which is great.

The map maker was another brilliant feature of the game too, which could be put to amazing use online. I'm surprised they haven't done a TS4 already. Obviously we'd all rather them make 4, but it will be years away. No harm in doing an HD collection in the mean time, and hopefully with some online implemented.

If there is a new TS I just hope that Flame Tag is still mode, som many fun times playing split screen flame tag on Mexican Mission

TS4 announcement incoming?

OPM seems to suggest so:

Image for

Crytek were also supposed to make a big announcement at or just after E3 that would make a lot of people happy, perhaps hinting at TS4. So maybe, hopefully, that announcement will be happening soon.

There are only a few games I want more than anything in the world, and Time Splitters 4 is one of them.

Jacob4000 said:
I really had a lot of fun with the map editor in TS2. That sort of thing could be taken to a whole new level this gen with networking. Shame no one seems to really do it these days.

I imagine Far Cry 3 will continue the tradition of console-bound level editors. Just sayin'.

I was under the impression TS4 was in development, I'm sure I read an article where they were talking about the plot for TS4... Smilie

TS2 had a map editor!?

Anyways, it's good to see that they seem to be taking their time, not just releasing a sequel because there's money to be made.

Yep, and TS3: Future Perfect (why does everyone forget the third game).

Martin_ said:

Vin Diesel was the only redeeming feature. EA had too much influence in the game and added elements of Halo "because that did well".

You show your ignorance. Cortez was also the protagonist of TimeSplitters 2.

Martin_ said:

Because it wasn't on the Cube? :'(

It was on the Cube, just hard to find due to the lack of stores with GC games.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Cheesing it up said:
Because it wasn't on the Cube? :'(

Um, yeah it was.
Edit: Beaten. Too slow replying.

I liked TS3's story mode better, but perhaps it was that I started with TS2 that I loved the multiplayer in that better, or that I didn't really play the MP in TS3 much anyway.

( Edited 03.08.2011 15:59 by Azuardo )

I used to like building MP levels to play on in TS3. Then I moved on to Far Cry for those joys. Much better map maker.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Steven M

There are 1 members online at the moment.