Which games retailers do you shop with?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 16.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Hi all,

This is quite a straightforward and simple thread. The purpose is to inform each other about retailers (in your country for those that don't live in the UK) that you shop for games/games consoles.

In doing so, it gives us gamers more choice. More shopping choice in my opinion is a good thingSmilie

I've tried a few UK retailers and I've listed them in order of preference:

1. Amazon - Good allrounder. Some good prices, though seem to be slow with dispatching (unless you use amazon prime/pay extra for fast postage).

1. Shopto.net - One of my favourite places to buy - tied with amazon. Cheap prices and amazingly fast dispatch in my experience. Quite literally their free next day delivery is impressive. Customer service is good too.

2. Zavvi - Generally low prices. Fairly fast dispatch.

3. HMV - Have some great offers on preorders from time to time.

4. sendit.com - have some great deals and prices.

5. Gameplay/GAME/Gamestation (belong to the same group) - some good bargains.

( Edited 20.07.2011 01:50 by Sherwinator )

Wii Code: 6399-3866-6269-0745
PSN: SherWiinator Currently playing: LOZ: SS
Wishlist: Last Story, Pandora's tower, Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3

I use whoever has the cheapest price. My shopping loyalty is not exclusive. Generally, first check is Amazon, and then I check eBay to see if I can snag a game even cheaper.

If I'm making a day one purchase I generally do it at a retail shop. Anyone will do. Best Buy, GameStop, WalMart etc. Whoever has the game and is closest.

1. Amazon - Good allrounder. Some good prices, though seem to be slow with dispatching (unless you use amazon prime/pay extra for fast postage).

I've actually noticed this a lot over the last year. Amazon takes several days to ship if you go with the free shipping now. Its kind of irritating when its 3-4 days before they even mail the darn thing.

( Edited 20.07.2011 02:40 by Jacob4000 )

Pirate Bay.

Whatever the cheapest UK mainland site is. I generally avoid all the Jersey places, they take ages to deliver, don't pay tax and are just a bit shoddy.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/ is nice and cheap and based in Swansea.

It's going to be shit and you jolly well know it.

Shopto.net
Gamestation (trade ins)
HMV
Amazon
Play-Asia

I HATE Game.

I just go for the whatever site is offering the cheapest. Sometimes I'll purposely order from Shop.To with the chance of getting it earlier, if it's a game I'm really excited for.

Our member of the week

Usually it's either Play-Asia, when there's a discounted price on the game I'm looking for, or eBay (I bid a lot for the games I buy, try to get them for as cheap as possible).

But first and foremost I order where it's the cheapest among those who I can order from, and that is those accepting other means of payment than Paypal or credit card, since I have neither of those. So basically this rules out ANY UK based website or ebay seller.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Guys, I wonder if we should make a sticky thread which lists game retailers as well as the average experience with them?

BTW Raff - thegamecollection have some really good prices! Good pick!!

2 questions:
1)Does anyone know if Best buy UK allow you to buy games online?

2)Does anyone still use play.com?

( Edited 20.07.2011 13:33 by Sherwinator )

Wii Code: 6399-3866-6269-0745
PSN: SherWiinator Currently playing: LOZ: SS
Wishlist: Last Story, Pandora's tower, Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3

Jacob4000 said:

I've actually noticed this a lot over the last year. Amazon takes several days to ship if you go with the free shipping now. Its kind of irritating when its 3-4 days before they even mail the darn thing.

I've had some good experience with Amazon recently. I used free delivery and got my 3DS a day early. And things I buy on Fridays usually get here for Monday.

I use Play a lot Sherwinator, but like most others, I usually just buy wherever's cheapest. I have no preference. But I do order from ShopTo if I want a game just before or on release day.

I order from shopto the majority of the time mainly due to the fact I get it the game a day or two before release. If I cant find something on shopto I usually go to amazon.

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.