"Too Many Ideas" for Mario Wii U

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

After playing both SMG 1 and 2, I have to say 1 just felt like an average game. SMG2 on the other hand blew me away and felt alot more polished.

While I loved playing SMG2 .. I believe that Nintendo should consider going back to SM64. Bring back the focus on exploration, instead of trying to get the star. I loved spending numerous hours exploring a huge stage.. esp bomb omb field in SM64...

Wii Code: 6399-3866-6269-0745
PSN: SherWiinator Currently playing: LOZ: SS
Wishlist: Last Story, Pandora's tower, Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3

Now THIS is good news Smilie

cool (guest) 03.08.2011#3

e3 2012 will show it

Squidboy (guest) 03.08.2011#4

Keep Galaxy 3 on Wii. I want a new Super Mario World.

We don't need another Galaxy game. I don't think it has anything left to offer. But for the next Mario game, I would prefer more open worlds like those in Super Mario Sunshine rather than Galaxy's micro-worlds. I just loved running around Delphino Plaza for hours and would like some worlds where I could do the same.

What about a new 3D Mario RPG game? Super Mario RPG was one of my favorites, as were the Mario & Luigi games. Anyone else think that a Super Mario 64-styled RPG game would be a pretty cool idea? Smilie

"You make me want to play Russian Roulette with a glock. By myself."

Is it me, or does Koizumi san look like a Gangster? Smilie .. maybe the next mario game will have GUNS and rocket launchers Smilie titled 'Mario and the battle for the mushroom kingdom'

Wii Code: 6399-3866-6269-0745
PSN: SherWiinator Currently playing: LOZ: SS
Wishlist: Last Story, Pandora's tower, Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3

Love both Galaxy games. Can't get enough of them! One thing I do feel is that they did lack that exploration element, in particular Galaxy 2. The beach levels and some of the fire worlds were less linear, but still were quite limited.

I'd love the overworld to be open with a little village areas and more NPC interaction, though the idea of non-playable characters having stronger roles would probably give Shiggy a heart attack.

Still prefer the more linear approach to star collecting in the Galaxy games over Mario 64 or Sunshine though. Would like to have seen more stars per level, especially in Galaxy 2 - some felt a bit of a waste.

Galaxy 2 does have the exploration side post 120 stars though, which is cool - wouldn't mind more of that too.

Sherwinator said:
Is it me, or does Koizumi san look like a Gangster? Smilie .. maybe the next mario game will have GUNS and rocket launchers Smilie titled 'Mario and the battle for the mushroom kingdom'

LOL, he does a bit

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer
Raynoch (guest) 09.08.2011#9

I'm so glad that the internet allwos free info like this!

Realisticaly hope;

Just bring back a nice explorable hubworld PLEASE Smilie
I want lots of secrets!

oh, and non-liner gravity should just be a standard part of mario now. "galaxy" or not.

Unrealitic hope;

A 4D game, the worlds first true 4D game where I can controll time with one stick and movement with the other. (camera can be dpad or whatever...)
Let the whole landscape be a huge 3d animation which the "speed in time" stick controls. So mario can run forwards in space and backwards in time simulantiously, for example.
Theres lots of unique puzzle and platforming potential in this.

Games like Blinx, or Sands of Time have done crude rewinds and stuff. Braid went a bit further.
But nothing has ever given us a real 4D platform game.

Come on Nintendo, we can take it!
Blow out minds Smilie

( Edited 12.08.2011 17:38 by Darkflame )

http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.