Cubed3 Special | Memories of Ms. Aran [news]

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Squidboy (guest) 13.08.2011#1

I played the original Metroid a year after it launched. I didn't like it so I returned it. Selfridges I recall. It was the Gameboy game, Metroid II, that sold me on the series potential, before Super Metroid made me a fan.

The Prime games were good, but only one was what I would call great. Other:M was a mish mash mess. Team Ninja are nothing without the vision and leadership of Itagaki, as I'm confident NG3 will show.

Our member of the week

To me :

Super Metroid > Metroid Prime (Wii port, because of the controls) > Metroid Zero Mission > The rest

That's all XD.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

I wonder if they'll ever release Metroid II on the 3DS Virtual Console... That game was one of my favorites.

"You make me want to play Russian Roulette with a glock. By myself."
AdamC3 (guest) 13.08.2011#4

Can't wait to play Fusion again, and I've never worked all the way through the NES and GB duo, so I'll be doing that on 3DS. Return of Samus will definitely appear on the eShop...

I'm sure some of whatever Dread was will be re-used in another game, just as elements of Mario 128 were used for Pikmin.

Willy Wonka (guest) 14.08.2011#5

Metroid Prime 3 was great. The inclusion of Wii Remote controls made it a more accessible and enjoyable experience in the Prime series.

If I ever get time I'd like to replay MP1 and 2 on Wii. I used to prefer Echoes to Prime because I actually got stuck in the final part of the first one, possibly the final boss. I ended up beating Echoes before it, and then decided to restart Prime. The Light Suit is probably my fave suit in the series. But I think now I would say MP1 is the better game simply because it was the first one since Super, and really delivered on so many levels.

Metroid II was the second Metroid I owned, and really enjoyed it as a kid. Other M I enjoyed overall. I liked the style of it, but it was too linear and easy. The final part of the story really bigged shit up, only to not deliver at all. I definitely wouldn't say no to another Metroid game in that style though.

I think Nintendo will play it safe and do a side scrolling Metroid next, on 3DS. Maybe try to persuade Retro to do another FPS one on Wii U too, because they know they sell over here. But it's still a bit misty as to what we'll see next.

It's a crime how under rated & ignorant people are of this wonderous series.....truely a same more people don't know about it.

It is not wise to speak on subjects you do not know all facts about, nor is it smart to judge a game based on looks alone. PSN: Nintendo_Gamer 3DS: 4296-3029-7422

Having tried out Other M at a Nintendo event I didn't find it too bad, certainly different, but still decent nontheless. Cutscenes, as good as they were, tended to be a little on the long side. Controls were so-so, a little odd to navigate.

Haven't really played that many Metroid games really - only Metroid Prime Hunters, and a very small amount of the GC Prime games. Did own and enjoyed Fusion for the GBA, plus dabbled a bit in Super Metroid.

Good series but haven't played too much of it to have any significant memories!

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Im happy with 2D or 3D provided the exploration is there.
I do think its a real shame though that control wise, its unlikely we will ever beat Corruption for slickness, accuracy or even the feeling. (grabbing stuff and pulling back was satisifying).
I think the WiiU version will likely be standard dual-analogue (yuck) with a map screen. Hopefully I'm wrong and either way it will be good, but still, I'll miss Corruptions controls.

Also, I made a little Metroid video tribute;
http://randomreviewshow.com/index.html
Smilie
(Top link, only about 30 seconds long)

http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
mikem52

There are 1 members online at the moment.