August 2011 Music Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 18.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

It's been four months already since the last music thread I made, back in March. I say this so many times, but where does time go?

So, summer is gradually coming to an end, the nights are getting darker for longer again, a distant chill is creeping in and new music continues to flow out. This begs the question, what have you been listening to this month?

My latest discoveries come from our dearly missed C3 member, Bart.

Mouse on the Keys - Saigo No Bansan

Alaa Wardi - Shalamonti Fel7al

The Alaa Wardi one is made completely of sounds made from his body.

Other than that, I've been listening to the Machinarium soundtrack a lot, because it's just so amazing. Beautiful atmospheric electronic music, produced by Tomas Dvorak. If you've not played the game, you really need to. It's easily one of the best games I've ever played.

Tomas Dvorak - The Sea

Dude, those rock! I'm really going to keep my eye open for Mouse on the Keys and Alaa Wardi.

My music habits have been weird lately. My headphone jack is broken (and my headphones are the best way for me to listen to music). I also recently got Spotify. Between those two factors, my music has been random.

I've listened to a bit of Beats Antique. I plan to listen to them more when my headphone jack is sorted.

I got to Japan recently and while I was there I picked up a several Japanese albums that are hard to get over here. I've been listening to those a lot. One of artists I picked up was the "Magokoro Brothers." They have a song about John Lennon that's pretty good Smilie
Some fan video:

I've been liking Foster the People's new song. It's been popular around here.

TAG: That American Guy

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

I forgot to mention Foster The People. I've also been listening to their album recently and enjoying it.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With You!

Definitely going to be pimping out my CD player with this new album (out Aug 30)! Official playback will be happening on their site on Monday!

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

jb said:
Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With You!

Yes and YES! Smilie I can't wait for that album to drop!
I also can't think of another band that wraps the whole feeling of Summer so well in their music.

Of course I'm always listening to my precious metal music that nobody else likes. Right now a danish act called Volbeat. (Yeah, it's even spelled the same way as the pokemon. Weird.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnhoU87OmYU
This song is good, but not a true representation of their sound. This almost sounds like Creed. Really Post-Grungy. They usually sound more like a Rockabilly/metal fusion.

I thought The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie was alright, but hardly the bands greatest. I'm still really looking forward to the new album. As Flea said, when losing Frusciante, they didn't only lose a guitarist but a song writer too. With Josh Klinghoffer their sound should change dramatically, and they've got extra percussionists too.

For the past while I've been listening to a lot of the RHCP to get me in the mood for their latest release.

I've been listening to Jay-Z and Kanye West's Watch The Throne quite a lot of late. It's not a brilliant album - certainly not as good as I'd expect a collaboration between those two to be - but it's alright.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
jesusraz

There are 1 members online at the moment.