Are those games worthy of a purchase ?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 25.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Our member of the week

The concept of this new topic is simple.

See a game that looks interesting but for which the reviews were neither very positive nor negative ? Looking to get opinions from people who played it ? That's where you come to post !

Here goes for example :

Megaman X : Command Mission (GameCube)

Image for

Anyone played this game ? Read that it is a decent RPG with a battle system resembling that of Xenosaga.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Indeedy I have. Can't say if it resembles Xeno or not as I've never played that one, but if I had to liken the battle system to another game I'd say something like Final Fantasy X-2; turn-based in a line with attack inputs (like say, mesh button to power up attack, that kinda thing).
Not going to end up writing a review or anything, but Command Mission is definitely a decent game; Voicework and environmental differentiation aren't too hot (LOTS of corridors), but its a good alternate take on the Megaman franchise, and it'll give you a good challenge; later bosses are absolute bastards.
Oh, music is tops too. My favourite one;

I'll ask one myself now. Can anyone give me advice on this one, from a 'not a fps kinda guy' perspective?

Image for

( Edited 28.08.2011 08:36 by Phoenixus )

Vanquish was one of the games I was considering picking up recently, but was unsure too. So I too could do with an opinion or two on it.

As for me...

Image for

I've seen this somewhat cheap recently, but have considered it, then read things, then not bothered, then considered it again. Even though I don't have much of a craving for many RPGs now, I'm still curious about this one. Would be great for people to tell me how the battle system plays (is it tedious?), how the story is (typical RPG clichés?), what the music's like (heard good things on that part).

Our member of the week

Thanks for the input Shane Smilie.

Anyone else willing to give his view on that game is welcome, folks !

Can't comment on those two PS3 games though, since I don't own the console, or an XBox 360 Smilie.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer
james2t3 (guest) 28.08.2011#5

Eternal Sonata has a nice battle system but thats it. The story is boring, charachters are dull and talk a load of shit, like it gets borderline retarded near the end. It's very linear, you walk down(very pretty fake open area) corridors most of the time.
It's also very short at about 20hours.

Vanquish is pretty good, solid controles crazy battles. Story is throwaway and silly.
Quite short but i think you should treat it more like a score atrack game as you get graded on each area you complete

Thanks James, might pass on ES then. It's kinda the stuff I'd heard about before, which is why I wasn't sure and wanted another opinion. Unless I see it for like five quid or something, I'll leave it. Cheers.

But in the case of Vanquish, might get that if I see it cheap enough too.

Vanquish is an ok single-play game, if you can find it for £10 or less. After playing it once, I had no desire to play it again or to do any of the challenge missions. Good while it lasted though.

360 Gamertag: shiptoncraig
PSN: shiptoncraig
Steam: Guess what?

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
jesusraz

There are 1 members online at the moment.