Mario Kart 7 - Official Topic

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Share Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo 3DS) friend codes, online trades and chat live.
Image for

Release Dates:

Japan: December 1st 2011
Europe: December 2nd 2011
North America: December 4th 2011
Australia: December

Welcome to the official Mario Kart 7 thread. A place to discuss the game and set online races up. As you may know, Mario Kart 7 will feature communities, so once everyone gets the game myself or someone else can set up a Cubed 3 community.

Communities
This section is for the Cubed3 Communities we have for Mario Kart 7.

150cc and All Items: 29-5021-3040-1205

Balloon Battle and All Items: 05-1281-9112-0255

Characters
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Yoshi
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Toad
Koopa Troopa

Unlockable Characters

Courses

Enjoy! Smilie

( Edited 29.11.2014 22:04 by Azuardo )

So, 16 tracks haven't been confirmed/released yet? Can't wait to see what the final 32 is gonna look like. Smilie
I'll probably be making a community as soon as I get the game and I shall share the information with you guys. Hopefully I'll get it a couple of days before release.

N64 Koopa Troopa Beach, hell yes! I love the N64 levels. A bit disappointed by some of the Wii/DS levels, but probably because they're from the most recent MK games and so I've played the hell out of them.

Only other downside is 8 player online instead of MKWii's 12. Not a massive problem, but more is better.

Anyone pre-ordered yet then? Still deciding myself when I should get it, but quite tempted now because I would love to get in on some C3 tournies.

Azuardo said:
Anyone pre-ordered yet then? Still deciding myself when I should get it, but quite tempted now because I would love to get in on some C3 tournies.

I have it preordered. You really should preorder it, it's gonna be a lot of fun. Smilie

Incredible...

Mario Kart 7 is seeing Nintendo bring about some radical changes to how they approach online. In Mario Kart 7 every player has the ability to name and create a community page. Every one of these pages has a name and a community code, the latter will come in the format: XX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. The bottom screen of the community page says 'search by' just above your favorites, suggesting you can search by the community names also.

In Mario Kart 7 when one player adds another player, whatever name that friend has at that time, becomes the display name in Mario Kart 7. This will likely be the case with other games down the line that use Nintendo's new "communities system". Communities are online groups formed around customizable play styles, and provide players with options to determine which karts, power-ups and tracks will appear in their community's online matches

A single player can invite a group of up to eight players, individually one-by-one, or collectively using the "group invite" feature. The extent of this feature - only people online, only people playing Mario Kart, is uncertain at this point in time, but I think it's safe to say players will have the option to contacting those offline by way of the new messaging system in place.

The group invitations can be set to either private or public, with specific game settings/rules and tracking options available to the creator of the community page. (!)

You can install a Mario Kart Channel app on the 3DS to check if your friends are playing, from the channel you join games instantly when carts are insterted. The Mario Kart Channel will display the top 100 most active communities.

Mario Kart 7 players have the option to trade their Community information, via StreetPass initiated "Player Cards". Player Cards contain the number of races a player has participated in, their win and loss record, coins collected, ghost data and Mii racers, Community information, and more (the latter suggests competitions last seen in Mario Kart Wii). Players will have the option to keep all this information private via privacy settings. Once data is exchanged, players can later race with the people they've encountered via Street Pass.

When a 3DS is in sleep mode and connected to Wi-Fi, SpotPass will push new Communities and Ghost Data. Up to twenty new ghosts races will be sent this way each day.

See you at the start line!Smilie

( Edited 01.11.2011 22:19 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Yeah, it's looking really great! I've never played Mario Kart online before since I never picked up either MK DS or MK Wii or really played any racing game online, so it's going to be a real blast for me. Smilie Got it preordered since ages and I can't wait for December to come.

@Azuardo: You just have to get it. It's gonna be a ton of fun. No excuses. Smilie

Azuardo said:
Only other downside is 8 player online instead of MKWii's 12. Not a massive problem, but more is better.

True because back when MK Wii came out all 12 spaces were filled when C3 used to play together. I guess Nintendo had to get rid of 12 players to get the game to run in 60 FPS in 3D.

Just preordered my copy. ^^

Uh....how is wiggler supposed to fit in a kart lol?

bornforthis43 said:
Uh....how is wiggler supposed to fit in a kart lol?

Looks like he's a couple of segments short on the evidence of the Nintendo Power image.

The same could be said about Honey Queen, she was huge in Galaxy.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744
Image for

Smilie

Haha, awesome character additions. Smilie

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

Okay guys, I'm just thinking of ideas about what we can do for online events.

Apart from the obvious ones where we have a whole bunch of us racing in one GP (maximum of 8 at a time) and the Knockout style tournament where everyone is matched up against someone else in a 1v1, then progress to the next rounds, and ultimately the Final, I had a thought for a League system.

Everyone can join the league, and people can join it even after it's begun. Basically, like in football, you play everybody else twice in a 'home' and 'away' race. In your home race, you get to choose the stage, so both players pick the one the home person wants. This means it's always fair between everyone. We post the results of each race here and update the League points and standings based on the results. You need to discuss with the person you're playing against a good time to play each other. Once everyone's played each other twice, that's the end, and the final standings determine our Star rewards.

It's just an idea that came into my head randomly really, but just want to see what people think. Of course, we could theoretically finish the whole thing in one day, if all those that sign up get the game, so no harm in doing more.

But I think also a Knockout 1v1 tourney is gonna be the way to go for good fun too. Hopefully we'll get a lot of sign ups for that one.

( Edited 08.11.2011 17:07 by Marzy )

Full list of all the tracks in Mario Kart 7:

YES!

Fuck yeah Daisy Cruisers back Smilie

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Same as Az! Love that course and was thinking the same thing last night, as well. Music is amazing too. Smilie

So excited now.

Just hope they don't make any drastic changes like widening the track too much. Would take away from the original design.

I realised as well that the reason N64 Skyscraper became larger in MKW is to compensate for 12 players. On the original map it would have been mental having up to 12 players on it, so I can see why they made it bigger. But it's a shame when you only have 3 or 4 that the course becomes more difficult and loses its original fun.

n64 koopa beach and mario circuit 2! damn it nintendo im gonna have to buy 1 of those rushed out 3ds now. a bit light on the snes tracks tho ninty, wheres ghost valley and snes koopa beach? Smilie and still no baby park! its a big thumbs up for daisy cruiseliner tho

Azuardo said:
Just hope they don't make any drastic changes like widening the track too much. Would take away from the original design.

If you go here and watch the 3rd video down in the leaf cup, you can see that not much has changed at all. You can probably drive through the pool though. Also, I think I noticed some water in the place where you can drop down to get to the cannon or whatever it is down there. Smilie

Mush123 said:
Azuardo said:

If you go here and watch the 3rd video down in the leaf cup, you can see that not much has changed at all. You can probably drive through the pool though. Also, I think I noticed some water in the place where you can drop down to get to the cannon or whatever it is down there. Smilie

Hehe, it wasn't that track I was referring to, but thanks all the same ;] Looks good!

Our member of the week

Mush123 said:
I think I noticed some water in the place where you can drop down to get to the cannon or whatever it is down there. Smilie

That's the hull...

Really pleased with the return of some of my favourite tracks, like Waluigi Pinball, Luigi's Mansion... and any track from Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 for that matter ^^.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

My only disappointment is the return of Dino Dino Jungle, from Double Dash. That was a dull course and I'd rather there be another N64 track instead. Toads Turnpike is a favourite of mine and it would have been fantastic.

( Edited 22.11.2011 13:32 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Comment on Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo 3DS)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Developer

Nintendo

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Driving

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  7/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  7/10 (19 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now    Also on Also on Nintendo eShop
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.