So, North Korea.

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 29.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Everyone must know about Kim Jong Il's death by now. What do people make of North Korea? Found a video of the citizens 'grieving', which I've put below.

Maybe many of them are upset, I dunno. But there's no way in hell all of them are bawling their eyes out and moaning genuinely just because their leader died. These people are brain washed. I feel so sorry for them, just watching them like that. Forced to cry for fear they'll have their lives taken from them.

Was reading an article on the BBC site earlier. Something about one North Korean not feeling anything when their last leader died. If he was seen not crying, he'd have been killed. He held his eyelids open to force his eyes to burn up and water, then started moaning like everyone else. It's so horrible that these people are living under such terrible rule. Sheltered from the world outside of them. Brain washed and knowing little more than to love and worship their 'great leader' and living in a famine.

How the hell does the ruling work too? Kim Jong Il's son is just gonna take over now and carry on giving these innocent people a secluded, crap life? How is that fair? I wish the whole world could just see a peace where people have their freedom and can live how they want to. North Korea is the complete opposite of that belief. It's such a shame.

Ever thought that we could be brainwashed to believe that?

North Korea does generally scare me, but probably only because they are tarnished with that horrific paintbrush of the press.

I absolutely despise certain Governments such as the U.S who think they can govern the world and their nuclear programmes. Granted, i don't feel to particularly comfortable with Iran and NK having nuclear weapons but we must also that the U.S are the only country to ever use them in a combat situation!

Anyway, don't always get too caught up what the press say, even the BBC who are not always impartial as they make out to be!

I see what you're getting at. It was like when I heard that since the North Korean football team got knocked out of the World Cup, the papers were saying the coach would face punishment and told to graft on a construction site or something to that effect. But my dad also told me the same kind of thing: how do they know that? You have no idea what really happens, and a lot of stuff could be BS.

So I totally understand what you're saying. It's just really hard to ignore when you look at the people like that. The country's secluded from the rest of the world. They have no bloody idea what's around them and are starving. North Koreans living in the UK have stated that themselves. They even tested out missiles after Kim Jong Il died. What sort of country does that?

I'm hopeful that the country will open up more with the son named as successor. From what I understand he was educated in the West, so perhaps will be more open to allowing more freedoms. The worst scenario is that there may be a power struggle. Which would just make things worse for the already impoverished citizens of North Korea.

probably only because they are tarnished with that horrific paintbrush of the press.

Media skepticism isn't such a terrible thing, but you're deluding yourself if you think North Korea is only seen as a bad place because of the media.

I absolutely despise certain Governments such as the U.S who think they can govern the world and their nuclear programmes. Granted, i don't feel to particularly comfortable with Iran and NK having nuclear weapons but we must also that the U.S are the only country to ever use them in a combat situation!

So the US should just allow belligerent regimes to produce and distribute weapons of mass destruction without any interference whatsoever? I find it humorous that you hate the US for trying to prevent nuclear proliferation while being simultaneously uncomfortable with North Korea and Iran having those same weapons.

its homefront its gonna happen!!!!!!! XD

Thank God that the country is going to move past the death of this man, heal, and install a member of his family in his place. Smilie

No one should have nuclear weapons, it's that simple. The thought of these weapons being produced makes it a scary world to live in.

As for the death of Kim Jong, it's sad for anyone to die, but to see people crying so much is pretty unbelievable. I've not known anyone to cry over their own relatives and friends as much as some of those people. They didn't even know him personally and yet they're crying over him like he was some sort of real god. I may sound insensitive, but I just find it ridiculous, personally. I have heard the rumours that they actually had to pretend to cry otherwise bad things would happen to them, so if that is indeed true then I can obviously understand why they would act like that.

Yeh, they're gonna be ronery without him. Smilie

Maybe many of them are upset, I dunno. But there's no way in hell all of them are bawling their eyes out and moaning genuinely just because their leader died.

Yeh, I thought it was obviously all staged. Then I remembered how most of Britain went batshit crazy with grief when Diana died. For people too young to remember, there were mass memorials everywhere, the funeral was watched by over a billion people (not even an exaggeration) and every other person acted as if it was their best friend that had died for reasons unknown to me. Makes you wonder if some/most of it is genuine, especially when they've been conditioned to believe he was an awesome leader.

PS: Anyone know he was amazing at golf? Apparently official records state the first time he played he got eleven holes-in-one and finished 38 under par.

Edit: Stats from wikipedia on Diana's funeral:

( Edited 21.12.2011 00:43 by Cheesing it up )

Cry or be killed?

It might be sincere, it might be threats by the government honestly... Who knows where they will end up? They could mold into any type of government they please.

I know all the neighboring countries are on high alert with the shift of the new leader. the son is a general with 4 stars, and he has nuclear warheads now in his possession, one press of a button and he can kill millions of people.

His fathers goal was to start world war 3. to see a nuclear war.. I have no doubt those might be his views too, and the path hes chosen would make him a tactician.

Lets hope some good came out of this so we dont have to fear it.

Maybe many of them are upset, I dunno. But there's no way in hell all of them are bawling their eyes out and moaning genuinely just because their leader died.

These kind of showings of grief are numerous throughout history, so why is it such a surprise to you?. Like another says, you sounds like you've been brainwashed by the powerful Western media sources that promote such views, on a global level today. Many of these media companies have their own political agenda, especially when they're American based.

North Korea's subjects were fanatical about their leader, to them he was a symbol of defiance against Western aggressors hoping to gain power in the region. This isn't even about the North Koreans, it's a smoke screen, the real and primary reason for all of this is America's fear of China, and the power it will have in the rest of this century and beyond. America wouldn't have created so many bases in South Korea if they were just concerned and the "North Korean threat", which it promotes to the gullible masses around the globe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Army_installations_in_South_Korea

North Korea are tight with China, and while such a relationship remains no Western country is going to fuck with them, which is great because they should be left alone.

North Koreans should able to provide for themselves, like any other country on this Earth should. It's my thinking their people should be free to develop their own Nuclear power programme and provide energy for their people, who I should add are currently enduring wide-spread famine, on top of heavy sanctions imposed on them, by you know who:

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/RL31696.pdf

If it were not for China's monumental annual aid, North Korea would easily become an [even more] hellish place where anger and resentment for the West would naturally grow day upon day. Why does that story seems so familiar :?

Iran should be able to provide energy for it's people also.

The West has actively been trying to stunt economical growth in many countries for decades, but thankfully that's now coming to an end. With the rise of China, the future of this century seems so much brighter in my eyes. China's influence will have a positive impact on the people and the political system of NK in the long run, we in the West should not interfere and antagonise.

Too long has power and control been greedily hoarded in the West, the effect of which has brought misery to many people around the globe.

( Edited 21.12.2011 17:22 by Squidboy )

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Like another says, you sounds like you've been brainwashed by the powerful Western media sources that promote such views, on a global level today. Many of these media companies have their own political agenda, especially when they're American based.

So its not the North Koreans who are brainwashed or controlled, its the rest of the entire world who's been brainwashed by a global media conspiracy sponsored by the United States. Do you hear yourself?

Interesting documentary on North Korea.

I don't think think it's fair to presume Az has been brainwashed. He's a human and I'm sure he's capable of thinking about what he sees or hears.

It is true though that the media can influence peoples beliefs or opinions through editing and carefully written words, because they can make it sound so believable. The documentary above even shows signs of it. It mainly tries to paint a negative image of the country, but I'm sure there must be some positive things in North Korea, even if it's something small. That's not to say I agree or disagree with the rules set in the country, I'm just pointing out that there must be something good about living there.

It's important to always question these reports and in fact anything you read or hear.

Just don't question everything or you'll become a bit too serious and may not trust anything. Smilie

( Edited 21.12.2011 17:46 by Marzy )

Jacob4000 said:
Like another says, you sounds like you've been brainwashed by the powerful Western media sources that promote such views, on a global level today. Many of these media companies have their own political agenda, especially when they're American based.

So its not the North Koreans who are brainwashed or controlled, its the rest of the entire world who's been brainwashed by a global media conspiracy sponsored by the United States. Do you hear yourself?

The entire world?!Smilie God your so, American.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Squidboy said:

The entire world?!Smilie God your so, American.

Right, my apologies, certain chosen ones like yourself have been enlightened and do not fall under the vast sway of the American Indoctrination Machine. Smilie

( Edited 21.12.2011 17:41 by Jacob4000 )

"Brainwashed" is such an overused term. Everyone is influenced every day by things that are around them, whether that be friends, relatives, TV, the internet etc. etc. The media of any country can have a significant influence on the opinions of the people from that country (and possibly further afield).

The only real difference is that in the Western world individuals are allowed to openly question and criticise the government and the media, whereas this is not necessarily a given elsewhere. Whilst this may lead to more independent thought in theory, all "independent" thought is again influenced by the things around us. That doesn't mean that everyone has been brainwashed, in either North Korea or America.

To be fair all governments attempt to put a positive spin on the country's doings. The difference is in the West you can seek your information from a number of alternatives. You can see what the foreign press thinks or the domestic press, or even seek the opinions of regular people through blogging and social media. You're free to criticize and even create strange conspiracy theories if you care too.

The North Korean situation I think is much more akin to brain washing. There is no alternative source of information. There is no free press or freedom of speech. No Twitter or Facebook. Just decades of conditioning based on the whims of a single entity. The North Korean people can't really get any sort of picture of reality because the only reality they see is what's filtered through the State prism. Brain washing is a strong term, but it is certainly more appropriate when used in the context of North Korea than in the Western press.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.