Super Mario Star Road

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Super Mario Star Road, a fan made project that looks pretty cool...

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Wow, it's like watching the sequel to SM64.

Our member of the week

Brilliant ! Should be using a custom Hi-Res texture pack though (there exist so many for the original, so why not fir this one ?)

( Edited 02.01.2012 13:40 by Kafei2006 )

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Holy shit! That's amazing! If only that could be picked up and put on Wii ware!(for the masses sake of course Smilie

I played it earlier briefly. First impressions are that the default camera and the GS code camera are both bad.

360 Gamertag: shiptoncraig
PSN: shiptoncraig
Steam: Guess what?
Our member of the week

Finally got round to trying it. Indeed, the camera is really bad, but it's a pretty impressive hack otherwise. Just not very playable.

I don't blame the guys though, it would seem that the camera in the original SM64 is what got the most work from its creators. Even professional games being sold today can have a bad camera system sometimes, so expecting I wouldn't expect it to be perfect from an amateur take on someone else's work, especially since they obviously didn't have any of the source code and had to figure things out themselves.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Yea, the camera sucks. Miyamoto recently mentioned 64's camera while discussing Super Mario 3D Land, saying it was a vital factor in making 64 work.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex, jesusraz, Ofisil

There are 3 members online at the moment.