Resident Evil 6 | 2nd Oct 2012

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Image for

One thread for discussing Capcom's long-running survival horror series.

1996 — Resident Evil
1997 — Resident Evil: Director's Cut
1998 — Resident Evil 2
1999 — Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
2000 — Resident Evil Survivor
———— Resident Evil Code: Veronica
2001 — Resident Evil Gaiden
———— Resident Evil Survivor 2 Code: Veronica
2002 — Resident Evil (GameCube remake)
———— Resident Evil Zero
2003 — Resident Evil: Dead Aim
———— Resident Evil Outbreak
2004 — Resident Evil Outbreak File #2
2005 — Resident Evil 4
2006 — Resident Evil: Deadly Silence
2007 — Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
2009 — Resident Evil 5
———— Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
2010 — Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
2011 — Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
2012 — Resident Evil: Revelations
———— Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
———— Resident Evil 6
2013 — Resident Evil: Revelations (HD)

( Edited 25.06.2014 11:03 by Azuardo )

Unless this is old official art it seems to be real.

Image for
Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Apparently it'll be confirmed later today on a viral site. November 20th is the leaked release date.

That art makes me think that that's from the next Resi CG movie featuring Leon, RE: Damnation, but could just as well be from RE6 considering there are new partners for Leon and Chris.

Edit: That art is official RE6 art :]

( Edited 19.01.2012 22:46 by Azuardo )

CONFIRMED!

High res logo
There's probably an even higher res somewhere but idk source.

EDIT: A WiiU release would be awesome.
Also is that Ashley in the trailer? (Not getting my hopes up but aa I love Ashley..)

( Edited 19.01.2012 22:50 by SuperLink )

Should be a Wii U release. It's coming to 360 and PS3, followed by PC. Wii U needs these games.

Don't know if it is Ash, just looks like his new partner to me. Would make a lot of sense to see her though, being the Prez's daughter and all.

But damn, I am pumped! Just informed my mate who's a hardcore Resi fan, and I'm so glad he's rebuying a PS3. Can not wait to tear shit up in co-op with Leon and Chris! Haven't been this pumped for a Resi game before.

( Edited 19.01.2012 23:18 by Azuardo )

I'm wondering if Leon and Chris will actually work together in CoOp or if they'll have completely individual campaigns.

And.. I remember Leon saying something about the president in that trailer so
Maybe
Ashley
is in it

In which case
/fangirls

Dunno, they say Leon and Chris' paths will cross, so perhaps co-op there. Something about choosing story paths from early on too. Hopefully some sort of co-op side missions or Mercenaries style thing so you and a mate can choose Leon and Chris as a team.

Yeah, US President is infected with something. Ash should be in it. Hopefully quite a bit. More mature and that obvs :]

Azuardo said:
Yeah, US President is infected with something. Ash should be in it. Hopefully quite a bit. More mature and that obvs :]

Hopefully armed with those ballistics.

They were
really
helpful
for my eyes

Our member of the week

The portion from 0:58 to 1:00 in the trailer screams "28 Weeks Later", doesn't it Smilie ?

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

haha too right! Didn't spot that first time 'round. I bet there's tons I haven't spotted in that mental trailer. Looks pretty far along considering the amount they showed.

Also, I'm reading that apparently, it's Ashley in the entire trailer... Don't know how true yet. Nor does it make sense if we're talking about the woman who says it's all her fault - that sounded like a woman that caused the Raccoon City outbreak, scientist perhaps. So I dunno.

Gears of Evil much? Resident Vanquish in some parts.

It looks good, hopefully it'll have a Wii U release as well, and with that, an enhanced version to make use of the extra power and features it'll have.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Hell, there was even some Uncharted thrown in there with diving in front of helicopters and falling through what looked like a falling plane or train! It's got a little bit of everything by the looks of it, but with the promise of a lot of horror and zombies, it'll hopefully live up to the RE name.

This trailer made me realise that my imaginary ovaries still can't handle Troy Baker's voice...

hyperventilates...
swoons............. someone hold me.
trOY BakER...

My predictions:

- Leon and Chris are separate single-player campaigns/scenarios, with Ada's one becoming available after beating the first two.

- The random guy with the special blood and the girl (Ashley?) is online cooperative.

Not really seeing the 'horror' aspect uin regards to going back to that sort of thing. Just looked like Operation Raccoon City gameplay. It's nice to see the t-Virus zombies and all, but I don't see anything like counting every precious bullet or what have you. Not that I care. Plus, it's just a trailer. Maybe those things are in the game.

Hopefully it will have high tension slower sections.

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

It looks pretty cool as a game, but I fear Resident Evil is straying away from its roots once again. I can't wait to see some more gameplay of this though.

Revelations demo definitely felt a lot more like traditional Resident Evil, so hopefully RE6 will contain some slower, scary sections and not just over the top action.

( Edited 20.01.2012 14:44 by Mush123 )

If this isn't a Wii U release I'm going to be EPICLY pissed...

It is not wise to speak on subjects you do not know all facts about, nor is it smart to judge a game based on looks alone. PSN: Nintendo_Gamer 3DS: 4296-3029-7422

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332888/resident-evil-attracting-cod-fans-the-dream-says-capcom-action-route-makes-sense/

Oh no oh dear.
I really hope this action focus splits off into spinoffs or its own series entirely because a franchise should not have its focus completely changed for modern gaming fads.

If this is what Capcom think I'm a bit worried about RE6. So yeah fingers crossed the survival horror element isn't completely lost in favour of action..

SuperLink said:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332888/resident-evil-attracting-cod-fans-the-dream-says-capcom-action-route-makes-sense/

Oh no oh dear.
I really hope this action focus splits off into spinoffs or its own series entirely because a franchise should not have its focus completely changed for modern gaming fads.

If this is what Capcom think I'm a bit worried about RE6. So yeah fingers crossed the survival horror element isn't completely lost in favour of action..

By the looks of the trailer... it seems that this is the case. :/ Hopefully gameplay videos will be released soon that show more calmer, creepier sections.

Wow, I'm not even that much into survival horror but this definitely sounds like bad news. There are so many action games/franchises out there, so why make Resident Evil one of them too? Don't we have enough of them?

As sad as it is, Capcom will go down the route that gets them more money and that sadly is the action-focused one.

( Edited 20.01.2012 18:50 by SirLink )

They seemed to be referring to Operation Raccoon City when talking about bringing in COD gamers, so hopefully, whilst RE6 does look to have a lot of action, there will still be that horror side the game is famous for.

I loved RE4 and 5 though, so I'm still really excited for 6, but of course I'm a fan of REmake and Zero, so a combination of those is what 6 should be. Here's hoping. And if not, then what SuperLink said - a game that branches off to be strictly like the originals.

The New guy's called Javo.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/01/20/more-resident-evil-6-details-emerge/?p=3396?xrs=synd_facebook

^ Third guy's name isn't revealed. That freaky monster is called Javo.

I read elsewhere that people believe he is Alex Wesker. One or two of the comments in that article say the same.

( Edited 20.01.2012 19:54 by Azuardo )

Ah right, ok, misread it. A lot of people seem to think he's hunk.

( Edited 20.01.2012 19:55 by Stulaw )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.