Darkstalkers Are Not Dead

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 25.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Image for

Capcom filed a trademark for the series yesterday, hopefully this means there are firm plans in place for a new game.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/15/darkstalkers-are-not-dead-capcom-filed-a-new-trademark-for-them/

Image for
3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

WOOT!! Looking forward to enjoying Felicia's Fur Bikini & jiggle physics in HD on the Wii U hopefully!! I loves me some DarkStalkers....& Felicia even more MEEOW!!

It is not wise to speak on subjects you do not know all facts about, nor is it smart to judge a game based on looks alone. PSN: Nintendo_Gamer 3DS: 4296-3029-7422

Awesome! I imagine tjhey'll use their new 3D engine, but I miss 2D sprite fighters from Capcom. Something like the quality hand-drawn animation from Street Fighter III in HD would be amazing. Let's face it, it's not like the gameplay is any different. The new fighters from them have polygonal graphics, but gameplay is entirely on a 2D plane. Virtua Fighter 1 is more "3D" in terms of gameplay than Super Street Fighter IV.

After asking Ono about his Vampire preferences last year, I'm pretty confident it will be a 2.5D game. He seems to like the idea of seeing Darkstalkers iconic characters rendered in 3D, and special moves animated using modern techniques like morphing. It's a huge shame in my eyes, as I too would love to see hand-drawn sprites in HD.

I'm excited, but I have many concerns/fears, like the lack of original voice work and effects, the art style and the continuation of bastardising much loved DS characters (I'm not happy with any inclusion in MvC3, they all look and sound fucked up)

I'll be a lot happier if Yoshinori Ono is making the next, and not Ryota Niitsuma who's made some shit fighting games recently. At least Ono-san worked on Vampire Savior and is genuinely a fan of the series:

Image for

Capcom's Vice President has refused to pass comment, sometimes, that can be telling.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/28920209/Will_you_ever_go_back_to_Rival_Schools_or_Darkstalkers

Captivate 2012 (April) or E3 2012 (June), until then we wont hear anything

3DS Code 2578-3122-0744

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.