Whatcha Playin this April?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 20.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

That time of the month again. What you playing or plan on playing in April?

Today I finished Ico and The Last Story.

Playing a bit of Dead or Alive Dimensions before bed random nights, and intend to finish off my DLC of Final Fantasy XIII-2. From there I might try and finish FF Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon and Rayman Origins. Got a lot to choose from right now.

( Edited 19.04.2013 00:51 by Guest )

Our member of the week

Nearing the final stages of Chocobo's Dungeon personally Smilie. I'm really breezing through it right now. But I hear there's a lot of post game stuff to be done, and the Pop-up card duels to play as well. It's actually a more meaty game than I initially expected.

And that soundtrack full of thrownbacks to every FF game from I to IX and XI (haven't heard any track from X or XII so far, and I don't think XIII was out yet at the time)... makes the game all the more enjoyable for me. Never was much a fan of rogue-like games before, but after playing Evolution Worlds on Gamecube and now this, I think I might become a fan of the genre Smilie.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Good shout, it's got a lot more depth than you would imagine. And there are a couple of tracks from X in there ;]

StreetPass Quest.

It's all I play these days, plus I love hats!

A little bit of Battlefield 1943, not much else. It's old as shit now, but I don't care. I've taken to playing my old games rather than buying new ones. I've still got loads that I've yet to finish. I also recently fired up my 360 for the first time in a long time. I did buy Guardian Heroes and Radiant Silvergun, played them a bit.

I'm amazed at how much I bought from XBLA. So much awesome stuff that I forgot I had on my 360 HDD. To name a few - Duke Nukem 3D, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie (also found my Nuts & Bolts disc, so I have all three in one place!), Perfect Dark, Black, Ninja Gaiden, Rez HD, Soul Calibur, KOF98, Psychonauts, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. So much awesome on there. I'm glad I didn't sell it.

Skyrim
Deus Ex HR
My daily BF3 games!

Just got Crackdown 2 so I'll be starting that.

( Edited 02.04.2012 11:00 by saunderscowie )

Going through a phase of replaying some old favourites:

GTA4 (working way through it all, about to finish Niko's part)

Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary Ed. (in HD graphics, it feels every bit as good as Reach, maybe better - or maybe that's the nostalgia)

Modern Warfare 3 (just finished the campaign, which I enjoyed even though it's pretty repetitive content and scenarios - its still every bit as intense as an action flick)

LA Noire (I don't tend to play this much unless I have time on my hands, it's the natural dissertation procrastination game)

Fifa 12 (playing online, with standard teams, I'm trying to stay in division 1 but it's pretty difficult)

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

Just Kid Icarus atm.

Starting today, I have two weeks of easter holidays so I'll finally have a ton of time for gaming again. Smilie For now I'm focusing on two games only though...

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Finished it a few days ago but I'm still playing it because the action is intense and very satisfying on higher intensity levels and there is just a ton of stuff to unlock. I'll probably be aiming for 95%+ completion though, as getting everything is near impossible considering how hard some later achievements can be.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - Started this earlier today and I'm only a few hours in but so far I'm liking it a lot, particularly the quality soundtrack from Sakuraba. The battle system is a lot like the 'Tales of' series but with some nice additions like Blindside Attacks. Definitely going to be my 'main' game for a while.

The Strat Man said:
GTA4 (working way through it all, about to finish Niko's part)

Yeah, played some of that last night. It's one of my "forgot I had" on 360. Was running round in the Ballad expansion (better weapons). It's still an amazingly-detailed game. It's the little things that get me, and especially since every time I play it, even after four years, I notice something new.

Example - Last night I was loitering near a gang, just listening to their banter. After a while they became vexed, and told me to leave. After not leaving, they beat the shit out of me.

I always have fun finding places to do 'free-running' on GTA IV. Basically just seeing where you can get to using the climbing function and nothing else. Sometimes I cheat and use a car to stand on top of (ambulances are good).

Without a doubt, GTA IV is one of the best games of this generation. I might rebuy Red Dead Redemption on 360, seeing as it's supposedly quite better-looking than the PS3 one.

Mass Effect 3

Enjoying every minute of it -- it's very clear that its the culmination of Biowares's work on the series. They're at the top of their game here. Just hoping that ending doesn't suck as much as people keep saying.

Been routing through my old game stash (looking for something for Azuardo), and came across my Xbox 1 games. Some real gems. Not all of them work on 360, unfortunately. Ones that do; Dead or Alive Ultimate, Dead or Alive 3, Doom 3, Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, Halo 2, and Street Fighter Anniversary Collection.

I've lost my Shenmue II Xbox disc! SmilieSmilie

- Kid Icarus: Uprising
Long story short one of the best games I've played in years, and probably the best script of a game I've ever played (maybe I just love humour but MAN this blows Lylat Wars out of the water)

- Final Fantasy XIII-2
Not played too much of it, I feel like battles are going to get harder already and that frustrates me.

- King of Fighters XIII
Great fighting game, lovely visuals, cool music. Shame that after playing fighting games avidly for many years I'm still utter crap at them oops.
Keeps buying and playing fighting games anyway.

Also games I plan to get back to soon:
- Layton 4
- Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
- Persona 3 Portable (how many times have I said I'd get back to that now)
- Tales of the Abyss
- lots more

Yeah I'm still very behind on games oh me oh my.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

World of Warcraft
I quit before the first expansion, now I'm playing the WotLK free trial and after that I'm using my scroll of resurrection and I'll get another 10 days. I'll probably buy 1 month after that just so I can see all the content I've missed.

Starcraft 2
Almost in Master League!!! But a few weeks ago I started to mess up and I lost a lot. I have to practice some more...

Zelda: Skyward Sword
Doing all the bosses again (I got the shield already). I'm also looking for pieces of hard, but I don't know where to start. Smilie

Zelda: Spirit Tracks
I'm in the desert dungeon! I need to sit down and finish this...

Super Mario Galaxy 2
I never got all the 120 stars... Somehow I lost interest in the game long before that. I plan on getting them in the next weeks.

Rayman Origins
Ordered it cheap from the UK. Smilie Haven't started it yet!

Aliens vs Predator 2
Not sure about this one. All the sounds are wrong, the Aliens look too much like the one in Alien�... I might not finish it.

Finished DOA's story, Chocobo's Dungeon and XIII-2's DLC.

Mainly playing Sly Cooper 1 now, which has been quite an enjoyable platformer. Looks so clean and sharp as an HD remaster.

Bleach: Soul Resurrection
Reminds me a lot of the Dynasty Warriors games with a lick of Bleach paint thrown in, and I loved those games back in the day so its a natural fit. Story mode isn't exactly a stretch but the mission mode is brutal with difficulty and unlocking requirements. They overdid it with voice samples during battles though; grunts and groans are fine but hearing the same phrases repeated after each use of a certain special move wears thin. Still, definitely one of the better Bleach games. Smilie

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Enjoying this too. Witty enjoyable script, brilliant visuals and use of 3D, some epic music and decent controls. Glad I bought this now. Smilie

( Edited 15.04.2012 19:16 by Phoenixus )

Playing alot of Kid Icarus atm, and I've literally just completed it. Also playing alot of Street Fighter X Tekken, Saints Row 3 and Kingdom of Amalur.

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Bayonetta mainly. Fucking incredible game. It's like Devil May Cry 4, but even better. The boss battles are awesome.

Slowly working through Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and Valkyria Chronicles in between. Trying to get this PS3 backlog right down.

Canyarion said:

Super Mario Galaxy 2
I never got all the 120 stars... Somehow I lost interest in the game long before that. I plan on getting them in the next weeks.

Not to burst your bubble but there is just a little bit more to do after that...just to let you know i got the 120 and then gave up!

I've got the following out

F1 2011

Going through circuit by circuit as the season progresses although the circuits are in a slight different order, actually really liking the game although it can be ridiculously hard and easy, so its not very balanced.

Tatsunoko VS Capcom

Got back into this the other day as i wanted to have to a have a bit of bash!

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GC)

I've been trying to complete this for the last 8 years or so...still going to take sometime methinks!

Killzone 2

Loved the first one when i played it initially, but struggling to get into 2, i'm forcing myself to play it through as i have Killzone 3 sitting on my shelf to start as well!

Martin_ said:

I'm amazed at how much I bought from XBLA. So much awesome stuff that I forgot I had on my 360 HDD. I'm glad I didn't sell it.

My Wii is in the same situation, Super Metroid, Legend of Zelda LTTP, Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, Ice Climber, Excitebike and a few others are still looking to be played! But at least my home screen looks pretty...

FFIV DS on the final boss.

FFVI Running around the world of Ruin collecting every character.

FFVII Going to save Tifa with Aeris.

( Edited 16.04.2012 11:33 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Oh how could i forget that i have dug out;

F-Zero GX

I really want to complete Diamond on Master difficulty...i kill 5 people on the first track to earn an extra life, and while i can get through the first track i get stuck at the second one and die! This could take a while!

Bayonetta done. One of my games of the gen, for sure. It's essentially the next step up of Devil May Cry, and the references to so many other games series are fantastic. Recommended to every single person.

Now moved onto God of War 3.

Want to be playing the Witcher 2.... hope to get it next week when my loan gets in.

Might hold off getting ME3 now after hearing they're releasing a "complete edition" in the summer.

Flynnie said: Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GC)

I've been trying to complete this for the last 8 years or so...still going to take sometime methinks!

I think it took me a year or so. It's a fun game, but it's just not really Zelda! I was always glad I got 1 or 2 levels done and I could put it away.
I guess it's much better in multiplayer... but the AGB thing makes that impossible.

So for me... I played WoW for 17 free days. I rushed through the TBC content because it's boring. I took my time in Northrend, because it's pretty and it has good quests. Smilie I guess I'll play it for 1 month and only do the most fun areas.

Still practicing Starcraft II. Also playing some fun custom games.

I started Rayman Origins! So good, mostly because they blatantly copied the Mario formula.

I stopped playing Aliens vs Predator 2... I got to a part that's just almost impossible to survive on hard. I tried 6 times and then I lost interest. The aliens looked like crap anyway.

Xenoblade Chronicles
My first RPG in quite a while and its an absolute masterpiece. I cannot recommend this one enough. Freedom from jump pretty much, clear tutorials and explanations, any broken formula traditional to JRPG's is fixed(fetch questing, save points, tedious crawl speed backtracking).

Sonic Colors
Such a beautiful game. The difficulty spike makes it fairly frustrating but it reminds me a lot of classic Sonic in that respect(Chemical Plant Zone was HARD okay, and its like the second zone!). Quite charming with lovely scenery and one of the best Sonic soundtracks in a long time.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.