PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 29.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Huh really? Wasn't Ratchet & Clank on the Xbox? Or was that another platformer I'm thinking of?

Canyarion said:
Huh really? Wasn't Ratchet & Clank on the Xbox? Or was that another platformer I'm thinking of?

Nope, Ratchet & Clank are Sony characters made by Insomniac games when Sony owned them. I can't think of any platformer exclusive to the Xbox.

Anyway, they'll probably be revealed as characters in the game at a later date. I'm guessing Ico would probably be a character as well.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Related Story...

Personal Thoughts; Never been a huge fan of the Smash formula but have always like the roster it brings together, which is why I'm hoping Sony Smash Bros turns out decent as to give Nintendo a little competition and get them to up the stakes with Third Party characters and whatnot.

Stulaw said:
Canyarion said:

Nope, Ratchet & Clank are Sony characters made by Insomniac games when Sony owned them. I can't think of any platformer exclusive to the Xbox.

Blinx The Timesweeper.

As if you needed any more proof that SEGA doesn't miss Oshima much.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Banjo Kazooie was an 360 exclusive, no?

Cheesing it up said:

Oh yeah them too.

You've inadvertently highlighted the fact that most modern platforming franchises have the two main characters in the title.
Banjo Kazooie
Ratchet & Clank
Jak & Daxter
Mario & Luig- wait

Some info about the game http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2011/11/03/new-gameplay-details-on-sonys-smash-bros-fighter-exclusive-to-paul-gale-network/

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

It looks interesting I'll give it that...but the thing that mainly worries me is how you gain points. Arenas are closed (so far) & the only way to score a point is to build up a metter & hit an opponent with a level1-3 special move...the only problem is every time you get HIT you lose those orbs of light.

So my problem with the concept is this...it's like a giant game of tug-of-war, you're constantly beating on your opponents trying to capture energy but at the same time you lose energy when hit...this remind anyone of Coin mode in Smash? I feel this element, as interesting as it is; will ultimately work against the game & make matches go on for far longer than people would put up with.

It is not wise to speak on subjects you do not know all facts about, nor is it smart to judge a game based on looks alone. PSN: Nintendo_Gamer 3DS: 4296-3029-7422

Yeah I'm a little worried about that too, I guess it's also pretty likely the modes will be customizable enough to give anyone something they find fun.

Or.. maybe their pride will swallow them up and they'll try so hard to not be like SSB that they end up making the mechanics unfun in the process.
We'll see though, I'm sure it'll have pretty extensive playtests at E3 too.

I wonder if anyone remembers...

Maybe the monkeys and the main character from Ape Escape will make an appearance. Better yet What if Tomba or Brave Fencer Musashi or what about the characters from Threads of Fate. As interesting as that sounds though, I'd rather someone like Capcom just make a Power Stone 3 Smilie

Tomba would freaking ROCK!! Threads of Fate would be cool though those are Square characters..but sony said they'd have some third party characters in there as well. My money is on a version of Solid Snake, Cloud (the ps ff poster boy...) a Castlevania character...mayhaps Alucard & Dante are my guesses.

It is not wise to speak on subjects you do not know all facts about, nor is it smart to judge a game based on looks alone. PSN: Nintendo_Gamer 3DS: 4296-3029-7422

Used to love Crash Bash! Crate Crush was my favourite game and co-op was the best. Hopefully Coco makes it in to PS All-Stars.

Drake, Snake, Cole hinted at for PS All-Stars.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a382475/playstation-all-stars-solid-snake-nathan-drake-more-teased.html

Fail to mention the single most important hinted character? Smilie

Kevin fucking Butler
MAINING HIM

Had a feeling those 3 characters were a shoe in Smilie

SuperLink said:
Cheesing it up said:

Oh yeah them too.

You've inadvertently highlighted the fact that most modern platforming franchises have the two main characters in the title.
Banjo Kazooie
Ratchet & Clank
Jak & Daxter
Mario & Luig- wait

It is call Super Mario BROS.

GAF thread pretty much confirms Nathan Drake (obvs) and Big Daddy (!) from Bioshock are in.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476709

BD is a great addition.

Big announcement tonight.

http://playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com/

Link confirmed for sony smash bros Smilie
Pretty excited now tbqh, this game was one of the main reasons for me staying up to watch this conference.

I hope Drake & Big Daddy or a Vita version aren't any of the "big announcements." Hoping for something else.

Image for

Pre-order bonus is alternate costumes for each character.

Launching October 23rd.

New characters revealed tonight.

Toro Inoue and Heihachi revealed.

Cole and Jak & Daxter revealed.

Combo Video:

Alt costumes:

Image for

( Edited 15.07.2012 19:46 by Azuardo )

That tears it I'm maining Cole! He looks insanely fun to play as!

I've been accepted to test out the beta version.

Can't play as Drake, though Smilie

But if anyone wants impressions, I will give.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, RudyC3

There are 2 members online at the moment.