Next Name That Tune Contest Ideas

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

It's been a while since the last tune contest, but I've just had an idea as to how to do the next batch - themes.

All featured tunes will have the same motif, such as:

Game Over themes
Opening themes
Themes played in haunted houses/ghost mansions
Bonus level themes
Mini-game themes

I quite like the idea of a more specific one, like the haunted houses/mansions, since that can easily spread across any type of genre anyway.

I wanted to see what people thought first, before I did anything, and just to get any other ideas. Please share your suggestions. I wanna do it sooner than later, but I'm wondering whether to hold on till around E3 time when more people will be frequenting the site. I could always do one theme soon, though, and another around E3.

Our member of the week

Sounds like a great idea. Gotta say I'd love a bonus levels one Smilie.

First level one could work as well, though that might not be as specific (but typically, people usually remember the music for the first level in a game better than any other)

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Lack of response made me think no one is interested in another contest. Will have to see if it's worth doing first.

I like the first level idea. Could even throw last level/final dungeon in as other options, as well as boss themes. Then there could be themes like water stages, fire stages. Quite a lot of possibilities.

If people are interested then shout out which ones takes your fancy the most, and I'll go with them for the next batch.

I'd be totally be down for another contest. I love doing these things. Me and my bro would always play the name the tune game with each other.

I've enjoyed every Name that Tune contest so far, so I'll be more than happy if you keep more of them coming, Az. I'm a big fan of boss themes, so that would be my preferred type of theme although I'm fine with anything. Smilie

Yeah do it during the E3 period because I'll be free then as well.

I liked em! The theme ideas sounds great, especially the things like Game Overs - perhaps Boss Battles, or racing tracks Smilie

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Okay, good stuff. I could hold out on a couple of the more popular ones like game overs and boss battles till around E3 then, and perhaps just do a couple of different ones leading up till then, just to keep it going. Perhaps I'll do Rudy's idea of first levels/dungeons to begin with. Will get to work on it soon.

I fancy another Name That Tune Contest.

Anyone else?

I would like to actually take part for a change, so if there's someone willing to make one, that would be good. But I'll be happy to make a new one myself, and maybe someone can do another after that? But someone making one before me would be nice lol.

Any suggestions for themes? Could do another Zelda, since that was popular last time, or just go full random like originally.

Here's the last one: Zelda Name That Tune Contest

( Edited 26.01.2015 23:29 by Azuardo )

I want one!

We could have a Rare games theme! Music from all Rareware games!

( Edited 30.01.2015 22:22 by Marzy )

Rare sounds awesome.

I will try to sort a new Zelda edition if enough people are up for it.

Our member of the week

Yep there are enough obscure Rare games out there for us to do one about Rare methinks, especially if you go all the way back to the NES era (I don't know many of the ones they released back then XD)

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

I have an quite sadistic idea... What about one with obscure/cult games that 99% of gamers have never played? >Smilie

The difference between illusion and reality is vague to the one who suffers from the former and questionable for the one suffering form the later.

If I wanted no one to enter, only then would I do that lol.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, GamingLillyCat, mikem52

There are 3 members online at the moment.