Name That Tune Contest - Episode VI
"Boss Themes" Edition
Hoping to get more than five entries this time. It's E3, so maybe more people will notice it...
This contest's theme is Boss Themes. So all tracks featured are the boss themes from certain games that have appeared on Nintendo consoles.
Video software was being a pain in the arse, so couldn't get an image to display through the video. Please turn annotations on to see the track numbers.
The 25 tracks can be heard below:
Feedback is always appreciated for these. I have plenty of ideas in mind for future editions, but please share yours in this thread, too! Hope you guys enjoy this one!
1. Super Mario Bros. 3
2. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
3. Chrono Trigger
4. Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages
5. Pikmin 2
7. Metroid 2
8. Skies of Arcadia Legends
9. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
10. Super Castlevania 4
11. Pandora's Tower
12. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
13. Dragon Quest V
14. Donkey Kong Land
15. Jet Force Gemini
16. Star Fox 64 3D
17. Kirby Super Star
18. Final Fantasy 2
19. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
20. Super Metroid
21. Sonic CD
22. Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
23. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
24. Donkey Kong Country 2
25. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Position & Name | Number of Points | Stars Awarded
1st Rudy | 22 Points | 20 Stars
2nd L | 15.5 Points | 10 Stars
3rd SuperLink | 13 Points | 5 Stars
4th SirLink | 9.5 Points | 3 Stars
5th bornforthis43 | 7 Points | 2 Stars
6th Marzy | 5.5 Points | 1 Star
7th Satoshi | 3 Points | 1 Star
Congratulations to Rudy for winning this contest! You should all get your stars shortly.
- Main thing to note first of all is that the boss theme for #21 Sonic CD never actually appeared on a Nintendo console. The boss theme used in the Sonic Gems Collection version was the US boss theme, not the EU/JP version which I used in the quiz. I assumed differently on that one, but anyone that guessed it still got their point. Thanks to SuperLink for pointing it out.
Edit: Rudy correctly pointed out the Japanese version of Gems uses the EU/JP soundtrack, so nevermind!
- Lots of half points for people that said Lylat Wars or Star Fox 64. The one used in the quiz was from Star Fox 64 3D, which is more distinctive than the original N64 version. So people saying the 3D version got full marks.
- No one guessed #14 Donkey Kong Land.
- Marzy's half points: #2 for saying Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, #5 for saying Pikmin, #9 for saying Mario & Luigi: Inside Story, #16 for Lylat Wars, #17 for Kirby's Dream Land.
- bornforthis43's half points: #2 for Pokemon, #16 for Star Fox 64, #22 for Zelda, #24 for Donkey Kong 64.
- SuperLink's half points: #16 for Lylat Wars, #22 for Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- SirLink's half points: #17 for saying Kirby.
- Satoshi's half points: #2 for Pokemon Pearl, #17 for Kirby 64.
- L's half points: #16 for saying Lylat Wars/SF64.
( Edited 10.06.2012 21:47 by Azuardo )