The GTAV Thread!

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Don't think there's a thread for this yet. It seems like a good time with the new images released in the last week or so.

I'm looking forward to this immensely. The shots suggest this game will be this generation's San Andreas, the natural environments look beautiful. They suggest quite an elaborate and expansive blend of that (ala Red Dead Redemption) to feature in the game, which we haven't really seen from GTA in this generation.

Thoughts? Hopes for the game? Speculation on story? A Wii U version? Will try add more to this thread as more stuff comes out.

Image for

More Pics:

Trailer 1:

( Edited 23.08.2012 20:33 by The Strat Man )

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

Yes mate, really looking forward to eventually getting it when it's about half price. Absolutely loved GTA IV, and open world games in general. Just finished Just Cause 2 recently, which is the biggest sandbox game I've ever played, which was simply stunning. If GTA V goes one better than JC2... it'll be bloody good. Can't wait to get in one of those fighter jets!

Sure I heard doubts of GTA coming to Wii U recently, which would be disappointing. For the few that will only have a Wii U, I hope for their sakes it comes out on it. Nintendo need to be making the effort to get these games on its console.

More screens!

Image for

The rest:

Looking epic.

Also looking impossible to run smoothly on any hardware I have available to me right now x).

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~

Bi-plane shot looks beautiful.

Looks utterly gorgeous. I still haven't played GTAIV yet. So many games left to take care of for this generation.

Faust D. Strooijer said:
Looking epic.

Also looking impossible to run smoothly on any hardware I have available to me right now x).

I hope not, if the console versions looks significantly worse than this, they surely will disappoint the vast majority of their audience. PC release usually comes later right? Still a GTA4 visual-level San Andreas will be enough for me. I heard that that game was actually 640 and then upscaled though, would be a little disappointing if they did that again.

As for all the speculation regarding lead characters, I think the main game will centre on one (maybe CJ?) and then the DLC will follow the other two speculated people. Don't think there'll be a radically new change in that regard (some speculate jumping between three characters in the main game) but I think Rockstar are just being more open about how these people will intertwine in comparison to how GTA4. I don't remember it being very clear that Niko wouldn't be the only character we'd play as come DLC season.

Those screenshots are almost definitely PC by the look of it. You only need to look at the smaller details, the wires on the parachute and lines in distance -- the result of a lot of AA, throw that in with depth of field and view distance. It will look good but not this clean. RDR looked amazing but there wasn't much going on in the levels, Liberty City is living and breathing.

It will look considerably better than IV though, the visuals in that are painful. Low framerate, and everything renders properly about 20 feet in front of you (look at road lines whilst driving). Not to mention the fog hidden draw distance!

In terms of PC release coming later, yes probably, but they put a lot of time into it, Max Payne was amazing and had all the bells and whistles attached.

( Edited 29.08.2012 23:44 by Echoes221 )

Echoes221 said:
Those screenshots are almost definitely PC by the look of it. You only need to look at the smaller details, the wires on the parachute and lines in distance -- the result of a lot of AA, throw that in with depth of field and view distance. It will look good but not this clean.

I would say you're almost certainly right. However, they could have been rendered offline on the console version. I mean, a PSone could produce those screenshots given sufficient time to render the frame!

Echoes221 said:
RDR looked amazing but there wasn't much going on in the levels, Liberty City is living and breathing.

Conversely, a city environment provides ample opportunities for occlusion blocking, whereas long flat terrain does not. That would have been a headache during the development of RDR. In fairness, RDR features large draw distances.

Echoes221 said:
It will look considerably better than IV though, the visuals in that are painful. Low framerate, and everything renders properly about 20 feet in front of you (look at road lines whilst driving). Not to mention the fog hidden draw distance!

Gotta say, I didn't notice any of that stuff. Maybe the lines on the road on PS3?

Also...

Smilie

( Edited 30.08.2012 13:23 by Martin_ )

Sure you've all seen the shit loads of new screens and info released over the last few weeks, but this trailer is worthy of a bump if ever it needed one!

It looks immense! A world bigger than San Andreas, GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption put together! It's times like this where I wish I could afford to pick games up on release more often. I don't wanna wait till this time next year to play it.

Debut trailer (Gameplay) - what do you guys think?

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

It looks incredible.

( Edited 12.07.2013 00:54 by Azuardo )

After watching that gameplay trailer.... Holy crap!!. I had never really fully grasped how expansive and immersive the world is until now. It almost seems impossible.  

Working like a fiend isn't very fun... and surprisingly isn't very fiendish either.

Looks really interesting actually and the 3 perspective thing is kinda neat! Still more excited for Saints Row 4 but it's looking brilliant atm.

( Edited 10.07.2013 23:37 by LKR000 )

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

GTAV looks completely insane. My mind is blown. Will be interesting to see how all this works in person.

I'm really looking forward to Grand Theft Auto V but I have to say, I've never finished a G.T.A. game yet. I always get excited by the possibilities the game presents when I watch the trailers and can't help myself buying them, but once I start playing I usually get bored pretty quickly and don't do much other than drive around a bit. 

I really like the look of things. If you stop and analyse there's a definite difference in visual quality between this (apparently PS3) trailer and earlier images, the PC version will no doubt end up being the prettiest - but no way am I waiting for that!
            Having a properly competent combat system (for the first time in my book) should make a world of difference. Glad to see they're refining that and so much else via what they learnt from RDR and Max Payne 3. On top of that, LA allows the GTA craziness to come out - GTA4 was so dull in that respect. I'm interested to learn more about how much choice you get in terms of planning the heists. Would love to believe there really are multiple methods for each, but can't help but feel (simply based on the massive scope of the game overall) that in reality it will be more option A, option B with a few variations that don't affect anything. We'll see.
            Without a doubt, I think this will be worth the wait. And then some. 

Master Chief costume at 39 - will the protagonists be able to gear up in that? Smilie

( Edited 14.07.2013 22:25 by The Strat Man )

the game graphics looks stunning, i am really waiting for this one since GTA is my all time favorite franchise.

So did anyone get it?

My brother did and I started playing it the other day. Wow! I'm mind blown when playing, it's just so technically impressive, the amount of detail that's went into it and the visuals as well. I just love exploring, the map is so beautiful this time. Driving on the highway and the sun setting is so nice, they're so many nice views. I love seeing all the lights in the distance at night, it looks so real and all the sounds. It just feels so realistically alive this time.

I'm really impressed what they got out of the PS3 and 360.

Roommate has it and loves it. Haven't really had time to play it myself. :/

But I plan to as soon as my schedule opens up a bit. 

I got it and I must say, it's definitely the best GTA game I've ever played. The missions are more varied, interesting and I haven't come across any annoying missions (like in most other GTA games)., they're all great fun. I usually don't end up playing very far through the game before I get bored of it, but this one has me gripped. I've completed 39% of the game already which is pretty unheard of for me.

I've always bought GTA games with excitement at the possibilities of an open world game with lots to do and have always been a bit disappointed with previous games. I can honestly say that Rockstar have done it this time! Its a great world to get lost in and the characters are all pretty good too. The side games and missions really add a lot too. I spent about an hour just playing darts. I've spent ages just watching the tv too. The tv programs in GTAV are so funny. 

For or once I think the hype is worth it! 

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.