Official Monster Hunter Thread
Monster Hunter 4 - 3DS - Spring 2013/TBA
Since it was recently confirmed that Monster Hunter will indeed have a future in the West with the release of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on both Wii U and 3DS in March 2013, I thought it was about time Cubed3 had a dedicated Monster Hunter thread.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Wii U/3DS - Coming March 2013
No Wii U footage yet with the exception of one screenshot, here for bigger version.
Confirmed changes/features so far:
- This is essentially the western version of Monster Hunter Tri G released in Japan
- Wii U version will have online play, 3DS will not
- Ability to transfer save data between both versions
- Both versions are compatible for cross local multiplayer
For a rough overview of how much was added compared to Monster Hunter Tri, click here.
Monster Hunter 4 - 3DS - Spring 2013 Japan/TBA
Confirmed additions/features so far:
- Plenty of new monsters and areas (duh)
- Big focus on the terrain, climbing walls, jumping from ledges and cliffs to get around or do jumping attacks on monsters
- Monsters are smarter and well aware of the terrain
- Ability to jump and stay on monsters, continually stabbing them until you get thrown off
- Multiple villages, each with its own unique culture
- You are a nomadic hunter and travel in a caravan between villages
- Includes 12 weapons, all from previous games return
- One of the two new weapon types, an Insect Rod. It's a capable double-ended staff with fast attacks and a lot of mobility and can summon a large insect to steal useful buffs from monsters (attack, health, speed or defense)
- Unlike MH3G (MH3U in the West), MH4 will have Online Play
- The second new weapon type is called the Charge Axe, which is a hybrid between a Sword and Shield and a an Axe. The Sword and Shield mode is for quick attacks and accumulating Charge Energy, while the Axe mode is for slower, more damaging strikes and using said Charge energy for attribute attacks.
( Edited 30.12.2012 12:18 by jb )