Podcasts

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 06.12.2019
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I've been trying to get into podcasts lately. I've never had much interest in them before, but I have been traveling a bit more than usual lately and podcasts seem like a nice way to utilize that travel time. I thought it might be nice to discuss what podcasts we all listen to and I might be able to find some interesting new ones.

This past weekend I discovered that Neil deGrasse Tyson does a podcast. I've listened to several episodes and I really enjoy his show. It's all scientific minded, but it's very accessible (more so than xkcd comics, to give you some kind of reference). My mother, who has no scientific background, listened to a few episodes with me while we were traveling and she enjoyed it. The topics seem really varied, too. I've listened to episodes about science and politics, ghosts, and even video games (he interviews Will Wright). The website is here: http://www.startalkradio.net/

I also occasionally listen to Japanese Pod 101, which is supposed to help improve your Japanese skills. I've not found a better one yet, but I'm not very dedicated to it. I should listen to it more.

And of course everyone listens to the Cubed3 podcast Smilie

What do you guys listen to or recommend?

( Edited 17.10.2012 21:55 by TAG )

TAG: That American Guy

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

Aside from the C3 cast, I highly recommend Radio Free Nintendo and The Nerdist podcasts. The former addresses news and games from all consoles not just Nintendo's, and the latter is a brilliant range of interviews with top name stars - Patrick Stewart and Stan Lee being my favourites. Smilie

I would definitely check out the Mega64 podcast. It's a third story time, a third video game talk, and a third mindless stupidity, making for an all-around good hour of fun.Although their business is video game related, they usually don't devote the entire hour to it, or sometimes any time at all. If you're looking for purely information and general discussion dealing with video games, then it might not be your cup of tea, but if you're looking to just have fun watching something, I'd definitely check it out. 

I've been watching/listening to the podcast since 2008, and I still look forward to it every week! Smilie

The former top user was Keven! You'd probably give birth to yourself 1000 times over until you sprout wings to fly away into the fading sun, that or you'd just turn into a lesbian. Who knows @_@ - L, 12/06/09

I used to listen to Nintendo Voice Chat from IGN before Matt Casamassina and Mark Bozon left, not sure if it's worth listening to anymore though. Might try out Japanese Pod 101.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

I listened to one of the Nerdist podcasts today. I had to break it up into bits because it's long, but it seems cool. The length of the episodes kind of puts me off, though. It did have me laughing, though. I probably looked like a crazy person walking around trying to suppress a smile.

TAG: That American Guy

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

I don't really have that much time these days. The only podcast I listen to is Wax's, a rapper. And, unless you're a fan of him, I'd probably not recommend it unless you can handle vulgarity and obscenities haha.

The Bugle podcast is pretty funny - mostly making fun of news and politics. Some may recognise John Oliver from The Daily Show (used to be on Mock the Week in its early days too).

http://thebuglepodcast.com/

Smodcast is awesome too - Kevin Smith (director of Clerks, Dogma and various others) and Scott Mosier make funnies:

http://smodcast.com/channels/smodcast/

Listen to any episode that mentions emo-kev - you won't be dissapointed.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, devidise, Ofisil, RudyC3

There are 4 members online at the moment.