Assuming the Wii U has a Virtual Console, which games do you want?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

This is my list, with a couple of exceptions they're games I missed the first time around.

SNES
-Breath of Fire (playing through BFII at the moment and its pretty good)
-Secret of Evermore
-Final Fantasy VI (without the horrible spelling errors)
-Starwing
-Disney's Aladdin
-Romance of the three kingdoms iv
-Earthbound

Gamecube
-Chibi Robo
-Doshin the giant
-Viewtiful Joe

Dreamcast
-Powerstone 2
-Shenmue 
-Jet set Radio

( Edited 11.11.2012 00:58 by JayUK )

I'm actually curious about the virtual console, will they continue to release games through the old WiiShop now that we know we have access to that on the WiiU dashboard or will there be a cut off point where all future VC games are WiiU only. Hmmmm.

I'm not sure how they're gonna do it, you'd hope they'd gradually convert the Virtual Console games available on the Wii Shop Channel to the Wii U E-Shop giving them gamepad support and save states. It would be strange if they left it as two seperate stores. I'm not sure they'll continue to add to the Wii's shop, they haven't exactly been flooding it with games in recent months.

( Edited 11.11.2012 18:39 by JayUK )

This list will likely grow, but from what I remember off hand:

SNES
- Chrono Trigger
- Starwing
- Earthbound

GAMECUBE
- Mario Party 4-7 (very hard to get 7 these days)
- Soul Calibur 2
- F-Zero
- Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

DREAMCAST
- Shenmue 1/2
- Rival Schools 2
- Soul Calibur
- Power Stone 2

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

This is something I've been worrying about too.. I'd like to think that they'd quickly bring over everything that's already on the Wii Shop, and if you have it on Wii already you can download it on WiiU for free. I really hope that's the case, but this is Nintendo.. chances are they'll charge you again if they really are going to start from scratch and it annoys me just thinking about it. This time it had better have features like button mapping and etc and I hope they release things a lot quicker + more variation than on the Wii's VC.

Street Fighter on Wii VC had added online recently and I thought that was cool, hopefully a feature they'll be adding to many more games.
I'd like to see Knuckles Chaotix as well as a bunch of Dreamcast games, knowing SEGA they'll probably release the HD versions of NiGHTS, Jet Set Radio and etc that they've been making lately.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

the original sin and punishment with online leaderboards is definitely something i'd be willing to rebuy. Plus the original crystal chronicles with online multiplayer but that feels too good to ever come true.

( Edited 11.11.2012 22:12 by JayUK )

I'd quite like to see Rogue Leader on there in HD, but would be great to play on the gamepad.

As Nintendo like to class Lylatwars as the canonical start to the series and the official reboot i doubt we'd see Starwing.  We can all dream though!

I doubt there's an issue over the naming rights anymore as i thought they had sorted that!

Flynnie said:
I'd quite like to see Rogue Leader on there in HD, but would be great to play on the gamepad.

As Nintendo like to class Lylatwars as the canonical start to the series and the official reboot i doubt we'd see Starwing.  We can all dream though!

I doubt there's an issue over the naming rights anymore as i thought they had sorted that!

I kinda prefer the European titles. Starwing and Lylat Wars just sound better than Starfox and Starfox 64. Maybe its just nostalgia. Starwing was the first game I ever owned.

Our member of the week

After having picked DK64 on the Wii U VC yesterday and being hooked to it since, I was just about to create a topic where I'd ask people what they want on Wii U Virtual Console, cause I was thinking back to what games I'd like to see released on the system, especially now that N64 is once again being revived through that. Also, does anyone remember this : http://www.cubed3.com/news/21706/1/turok-could-come-to-wii-u-virtual-console-if-theres-demand.html ?

I personally am hoping for the N64 Mystical Ninja games to be re-released on the Wii U VC, as well as Pilotwings 64 which never was put on the Wii VC, perhaps due to technical difficulties cause I know it's quite buggy even on years old emulators on PC. Ridge Racer 64 absolutely must come to it as well, cause that was such an awesomely fun game Smilie. And I'm dying to replay it on something other than my old N64, with slightly upscaled graphics. The Star Wars games would also be awesome to have on there as well : Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo. I mean, seeing as DK64, a Rare title, thus harder to emulate than most, being released on there, means they've upped their game with N64 emulation thanks to the better power of the Wii U, and stuff that they probably could not have made to run smoothly on Wii can now be run all right on the Wii U. All other games already on Wii, well we can expect them again, in some form of another.

For the DS VC, I'm not particularly interested in 3D titles, seeing as they are very low res and that there doesn't seem to be any form of upscaling happening (despite DS emulators for PC finally getting there in the last year or so), so I think if I am to wish for any DS games, better be the 2D ones, like the 3 Castlevania titles. 999: Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors also springs to mind as an essential pick. The Mario & Luigi titles are also other obvious choices for good 2D titles on it. Suikoden Tierkreis would be another beautiful essentially 2D title to bring for it, though the battle in 2D are bound to look ugly on a big screen. Tetris DS HAS to come to it, and last but certainly not least, The World Ends with You, though being on two very separate screens would make battling difficult.

So many great games on DS, but from seeing Mario Kart DS in motion on it, the low resolution really hurts my eyes :/. If they can somehow fix this in the future (not holding my breath at all) then that would open up my wishlist for DS games I would absolutely want to replay on a bigger screen. One last wish of mine is Gradius Advance. I hope Konami gives us that Smilie.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.