Pokémon X and Pokémon Y (3DS) - Official Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Discuss Pokémon X and Y (Nintendo 3DS), news, the latest pictures and videos!

User Poll - Who will/did you pick as your starter?

Chespin is the way to go!
I'm gonna pick Fennekin!
I think I'll go with Froakie
IN THAT CASE, I'LL CHOOSE SQUIRTLE, SMELL YA LATER

First triple bump in history? Smilie

Strong rumour milll going that Xerneas and Sylveon are of the Fairy type, and their weakness is Poison. Sounds good!

This thread definitely needs to be more active with all the Mewtwo stuff..

I heard that rumour too! Insane because I just a couple of weeks ago was saying, guys it won't be a light type, but what about a fairy type or a magic type? I wonder if Fairy Type could turn out real.. it'd give a lot more character to a bunch of Normal Types like Clefairy and give Sylveon some nice importance and interest too.

Still, not getting my hopes up for a new type, as interesting as it'd be!

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Considering they're still keeping it a secret and teasing its type, it almost has to be a new type unless they're just trolling us. I believe I saw a trailer for a new movie that has Sylveon in it and in a picture where each Eeveelution has its own portrait with a fitting background for its type, Sylveon's would kind of fit a Fairy Type. In the same trailer, there's also lots of stars/space and shiny stuff which I guess would fit that speculated type but don't take my word for it, watch this at 2:05.

If it really is a new type, I hope they'll be aware and take care of balancing issues that may arise. Types have been the same since Gen 2, so this is something that could potentially cause a lot of problems.

( Edited 21.04.2013 21:28 by SirLink )

I do hope they bring in a new type, but my hopes aren't high. Pokémon fans are pretty notorious for crazy over-hyped speculation! And even when speculation doesn't seem that far fetched, it's usually not accurate. (Remember when Alomomola was thought to be an evo of Luvdisc, and Shellos a Lapras pre-evo? Smilie )

Exactly, and remember how last gen people seemed to think a new Light Type was all but confirmed? That didn't happen at all, every time people seem certain a new Type is on the way, it isn't, and maybe GameFreak are just massive trolls for keeping Sylveon's Type so secret!

But hey, even if they ever do make a new Type, I don't think Light Type is on the cards. Remember people, we may have been brought up on JRPGs, but just cause there's a Dark Type doesn't mean there needs to be a Light one Smilie this is Pokémon, it's weird and has some totally random Types that don't go with the others. "Flying", "Normal", "Bug", "Grass"? Why Grass and not Plant?? It's a mystery, but yeah it's best to not assume the obvious with this series Smilie

Ikana said:
And even when speculation doesn't seem that far fetched, it's usually not accurate

Pokémon speculation... farfetched!?

Farfetch'd evolution confirmed..!!

Wasnt it already confirmed as being a normal-type quite a while back?

Im not entirely sure on this but I do vaguely remember being a bit disappointed though not surprised at Syl being a normal-type because hey, Eevee's a normal-type, so why not have a normal-type evolution?

~Getting on C3's massive tits since 2K5.~

If Fairy type is the real deal, it'll probably be named that in western territories and Japan will have it as the Light type, since Dark is known as 'Evil' type over there.

What about the more vague part of the rumour regarding a 'Sound' type? It would fit in well with creatures like Jigglypuff and Exploud, but dunno what it's Strengths/Weaknesses would be. :/

Anyone else expecting another Eeveelution to pop up as well? They've come in twos so far after all, and there is a gap at the top of that Eeveelution picture too.

Faust D. Strooijer said:
Wasnt it already confirmed as being a normal-type quite a while back?

Im not entirely sure on this but I do vaguely remember being a bit disappointed though not surprised at Syl being a normal-type because hey, Eevee's a normal-type, so why not have a normal-type evolution?

Noep, but it being a Normal Type would kinda make sense. I'd like to see a Normal Type someday, but I'd rather it looked more like a powerful version of Eevee rather than totally different. Its Type is still being kept a mystery, probably intentionally.

Phoenom said:
What about the more vague part of the rumour regarding a 'Sound' type? It would fit in well with creatures like Jigglypuff and Exploud, but dunno what it's Strengths/Weaknesses would be. :/

I've heard rumours of that too but I think they're just rumours. It'd work nicely though for a new kind of status-ailment focused Type. Other Type ideas I like are Magic and Cosmic type, with Cosmic being about space or otherworldly Pokémon like Cresselia. (I reckon if Fairy is real, having Magic aswell wouldn't really be necessary)

Anyone else expecting another Eeveelution to pop up as well? They've come in twos so far after all, and there is a gap at the top of that Eeveelution picture too.

I'd like another Eeveelution, maybe 2 more, but atm I'm thinking Sylveon will be the only new one. Smilie

I still want a Dragon Eeveelution to complete what they started. So far, all existing ones are based on the "old" pre-Gen4 Special types and the only one missing is Dragon. If they did, they would probably have to make it a fast sweeper to stand any chance as only a Dragon type, considering how many strong Dragon Pokémon and moves are out there. I even have the perfect English name, Drakeon! Smilie

Drakeon is a wicked name, I've often fantasised of such a Pokémon becoming real Smilie
Also I seriously had never noticed the consistency in typing before Smilie I think that even regardless of Typing consistency, a Dragon Type Eevee has been the one I want see most for a while.

Bump with new info!

This is what I was waiting for, all the little things that just seem right and make the game look so much better! While before I was torn, I'm now officially hyped; there's enough on offer here to even draw back players who lost interest.

• customisable trainers, choose their race and hair colour when you begin, and change their clothes and accessories whenever!
  • Moving diagonally seems to be confirmed
  • the overall presentation is a lot smoother and more vibrant than before, full of charm and character
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for
Image for

There's nothing jaw-droppingly game-changing, just a bunch of little things that made me worry that GameFreak didn't have what it takes. I feel a lot better about Pokémon X and Y now, and I can't wait to play them!

Glad to see that you changed your mind about it, SuperLink. I never doubted GameFreak after Black 2 which became my favourite in the series (nostalgia aside) but there's also one thing I've learned in recent years about Nintendo games. Never. judge. based. on. the. first. trailer. I only have to think back to the E3 2010 trailer for Skyward Sword compared to the E3 2011 one. It looked like a completely different game when we actually saw more than just a fraction of a game still in heavy development. It's not as big of a difference in this case but the game is looking a lot more appealing now. A Link to the Past 2 is in the same situation, I'm just waiting for a proper trailer now hopefully at E3...

Agreed, LttP2 could seriously impress in its next trailer, the first trailer of XY compared with the new trailer seems like a different game.

I suppose it's a hype tactic? Whatever it is, it's working Smilie I'm so impressed that I really hope people who've been on the fence about Pokémon for a while consider picking this one up, it looks really great.

And that's coming from someone who was generally massively disappointed with Gen5 (Pokémon designs aside, Gen5 Pokémon are brill)

( Edited 14.05.2013 17:19 by SuperLink )

I wonder if the mount mechanic will be exclusive to Gogoat and some other Gen6 Pokémon. I hope not, as I'd fucking love to zoom around on an Arcanine or Rapidash. Smilie Doesn't have to be a lot of them but some past Pokémon are just perfect for such a mechanic.

Unfortunately I've heard that CoroCoro says you can only ride Pokémon in one of the cities or something.

SuperLink said:
Unfortunately I've heard that CoroCoro says you can only ride Pokémon in one of the cities or something.

Yeah, a shame, I was really excited at first that I'd be able to ride around on anything. Besides that, I am suuuuuper hyped. Smilie

SuperLink said:
Image for

Look at that creep in the car checking the trainer out lol.

Pretty excited for this game, first time I've been excited for a Pokemon game since Diamond & Pearl 6 years ago. 

I made the mistake of going with Snivy in B/W 'cause I was unsure about Oshawott, then I saw the final evolution of them and emedietly wished I'd done different (eventhough I grew fond of my serpent prince). Not doing that again, CHESPIN for me this time!
If anything, I'm gonna fill my team with all the new feline looking pokemon I can find. There better be more non-Normal type ones in this gen.
And ride pokemon?! I'm going to live in that city if that's the only place you can ride them. Always wanted to ride around on my Metagross! xD

I also love the look of the legendaries. Especially the red one (not gonna bother with the name for now) but a majestic stag is never a bad sight either. :3

Thank god for customizable trainers! Those hats... why does most of the girls have ridiculous hats!? A common cap works just as well for girls, look at the B/W girl! Shorts too, can't go running around tall grass in skirts, silly girl. Remember the wise words of the Youngster the first Gen games.

Moving diagonally... I can finally get into those damn pokécenters!

I can't wait. I'm going to try and avoid reveals as much as possible though so that I can be surprised when ever time I step into the wild!

I wonder if competitive play will still revolve around everyone using the exact same party EVed to the exact same stats.

I figured it would be a good time to bump this topic with the release of Pokémon X/Y in only two weeks. I'll be doing a special Pokémon marathon in anticipation of X/Y spanning all 5 previous Generations with teams that consist almost exclusively of Pokémon that I've never used before. While playing the games I'll also continue watching the anime from where I left off months ago, early Season 11.

So who here is getting the game and which version? I'm going for Y as I typically pick the version with the legendary I prefer. I'm not too worried about exclusive Pokémon either since we're not in the Gameboy days anymore where you're stuck with what you get if you don't have friends with the other version.

SirLink said:
I figured it would be a good time to bump this topic with the release of Pokémon X/Y in only two weeks. I'll be doing a special Pokémon marathon in anticipation of X/Y spanning all 5 previous Generations with teams that consist almost exclusively of Pokémon that I've never used before. While playing the games I'll also continue watching the anime from where I left off months ago, early Season 11.

So who here is getting the game and which version? I'm going for Y as I typically pick the version with the legendary I prefer. I'm not too worried about exclusive Pokémon either since we're not in the Gameboy days anymore where you're stuck with what you get if you don't have friends with the other version.

Does this mean that with the exception of the Legendarys on the front of the box that the rest of the Pokemon in these games are the same? (i.e. No exclusives between the 2?)

Flynnie said:
Does this mean that with the exception of the Legendarys on the front of the box that the rest of the Pokemon in these games are the same? (i.e. No exclusives between the 2?)

There still are version exclusive regular Pokémon. What I meant was that I don't really care anymore because nowadays you can easily obtain them by trading with people over the internet.

Oh i see, I have only ever played 2 'real' Pokemon games and both are remakes (Leaf Green and SoulSilver) , I've just started the Kanto portion of the game on that and levelling up my Pokemon from Leaf Green. Although its taking ages, I just keep rematching the Elite Four with LVL 30-40 Pokemon to get them all above LVL 40. 

I am guessing i need to get one of the newer games to put them on X/Y though? From what i can see?

Yes, it's only possible to transfer from one generation to the following one, meaning you can't transfer from SoulSilver (Generation 4) to X/Y (Generation 6). You'd need to buy Black/White 1 or 2 (Generation 5) to bridge that gap. From what I know, the transfer process to X/Y won't be possible until the launch of the Pokémon Bank in December, though.

For GBA to DS you need a GBA slot, so it won't work on a DSi model or a 3DS. You also need two DS/3DS systems to transfer between the two DS generations.

( Edited 06.10.2013 14:34 by SirLink )

Thanks, that's what i thought. 

I still prefer the DSlite to the DSi, i thought removing the GBA slot was the worst thing that they could ever do! So i was able to transfer my Leaf Green - Soul Silver. I still have my DSlite so i could transfer to my 3DS if need be!

Thanks!

Comment on Pokémon X and Y (Nintendo 3DS)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Developer

Game Freak

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Turn Based RPG

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10 (42 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now    Also on Also on Nintendo eShop
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.