Will RARE ever return?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 24.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Well firstly I know someone who works at Rare on another forum. Secondly Zoonami, when their website was up, made it quite clear on there that only 1 employee is from Rare - and said how they have a lot of respect for Rare etc etc. And I read about how only 4 went to Free Radical in an interview with them I can't remember where. Sorry, I don't have any links - but the important thing is that they are making great games - just look at their recent games on GBA and xbox and see for yourself. And don't beleive what you read - everyone is unfairly against Rare at the moment - just take it from me.

You see my love for Rare is greater than my hatred for micro$oft. When there are at least 3 Rare games on xbox I will buy one. I'm waiting for there to be 3 games because you see, I certainly won't be buying any other games and its not worth it for just 1 or 2.

I would buy Halo as well BEAM, I'm borrowing an X-Box at the moment and Halo is pretty damn awesome.

Oh, and welcome back! I was on an educational modern foreign languages visit *holiday* when you returned!

^Like I said, thats a false rumour - 5 people left the company and over 200 people work for them.

I don't know how many have left, but i do know that some of them have been with Rare since the days of Ultimate Play The Game.

They were major players.

More bad news for Rare fans, they will not be developing games for the DS.

When you cycled by

Here began all my dreams

The saddest thing I�ve ever seen

And you never knew

How much I really liked you

Because I never even told you

Oh, and I meant to

Are you still there ?

Or ... have you moved away ?

Or have you moved away ?

The news i heard about this all said that alot of the major players from Rare like the ones that were head of the development teams for games such as Goldeneye,Perfect Dark and other workers who disagreed about joining with Mircosoft. Alot went to Free Radical and Zoonami. I don't think only 5 left.

If 5 did leave, they must have really been the main people as TS2s numerous Goldeneye bits are too great for 5 insignificant people to push along.

Well firstly I know someone who works at Rare on another forum

Yes and i spank Britney Spears to wild bongo music every friday night.

Hi my names IKARIWARRIOR and i also worked for Rare.

Gullable springs to mind. Smilie

When you cycled by

Here began all my dreams

And you never knew

Oh, and I meant to

Are you still there ?

Or have you moved away ?

More bad news for Rare fans, they will not be developing games for the DS.

I don't know where you got that from - but a month ago it was announced that micro$oft game studios have no current plans to support the Nintendo DS. But I know more than that - I know that Rare have DS development kits, they are testing the system to see if its worth making games for - and from what I hear its highly likely.

Gullable springs to mind.

It so happens, that this person on the Rare Extreme forums, went to E3 - and at E3 met the person who was there who writes for RE. Do not accuse me of things you know nothing about.

"Microsoft has gone on record to state that RARE will definitley not be developing titles for Nintendo's DS handheld"

Microsoft press release and also in GamesTM issue 20.

Didn't your buddy from RARE inform you of the changes Beam?

How rude. Smilie

When you cycled by

Here began all my dreams

And you never knew

Oh, and I meant to

Are you still there ?

Or have you moved away ?

I know the press release you are referring to - trust me, I'm a Rare fan - I know more about the ups and downs of Rare than probably all of you (not to sound big-headed) because I follow the company closely - I follow all the news. And as for talking to someone working for Rare - beleive me I was more skeptical than anyone at first. But on forums you get to know a persons sincerety by actually knowing them for a long time. He didn't come on and immediatly say "hey, look at me, I'm from Rare" - he waited for a little while first, and then people became suspicious that he might be, then he told everyone - but he dosn't continuously go on about it.

If 5 did leave, they must have really been the main people as TS2s numerous Goldeneye bits are too great for 5 insignificant people to push along.

Yes, all the people who left were from the Goldeneye team - which consisted of 8 people and 3 remain at Rare. They were all important people at Rare I give you that.

Rare are a shell of their former selves and if they did return i wouldnt whoop for joy.
Beam In my experience from my days of snes and n64 gaming you can NEVER trust rare be it trhough their forums website news announcements or people that work for them.
Of course maybe the rare that couldnt be trusted (because they were so WILDLY unpredictable) is gone now. WHo actually cares to follow rare they used to be great now there not.

We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh

^You can't make a statement like that - how can Rare be a "shell of their former selves" when they make such great games?

No, you can't trust Rare - thats what I made a point of saying. As I said, if you're expecting something of them, they always end up dissapointing you - but then they go and do something wonderful every now and then that no-one ever thought of.

I was reading an old issue of CUBE magazine the other day, early 2002 - and they were discussing various rumours regarding whats going to happen to Rare. Some people were saying that Rare would pay Nintendo to let them go, some people were saying there would be some management changes within Rare, some people were even saying that Nintendo were going to buy an even bigger share in the company. Something was happening but no-one knew what. Anyway, this is what it said at the end "something is going on between Nintendo and Rare but whatever happens between the two companies the FACTs are: Starfox Adventures, Kameo and Donkey Kong Racing are all deffinatly coming out on GameCube". Poor CUBE, they were trying to spell it out for people but they couldn't have been more wrong - you *never* know what Rare are going to do next.

Then, in late 2002 when they were bought out the official word about the GBA games were that Diddy Kong Pilot *may* be continued and released by Nintendo, but Sabre Wulf and Grunty's Revenge are "deffinatly not coming out for GBA". Bitter dissapointment, but very similar to the announcement about not making games for the DS don't you think?

But 6 months later at E3 2003 - Rare announce they are working with *nintendo* to update the Donkey Kong Country games for GBA. And a month after, Rare announce a deal with THQ to release Sabre Wulf and Grunty's Revenge - along with Diddy Kong Pilot (renamed Banjo Pilot) and a totally new project. Completely out of the blue and unexpected.

Those are just a few examples of Rare being completely unpredictable - thats *why* they probably are making DS games, and thats *why* theres a chance they'll come back to Nintendo. We really don't know - and I wouldn't like to guess.

We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh

But... Sabre Wulf *is* a brand new game - it only shares its name with the ZX Spectrum game. And so is Grunty's Revenge - and they're both extremely original, have really a lot of depth to them - and push the GBA to its limits. And the good news is there are at *least* 2 more totally new GBA games from Rare coming out in the near-future. Smilie

OK OK just dont hold your breath on rare doing anything super spectacular with the same amount of power as say perfect dark or goldeneye.'
Just dont expect much from them thats all i say.

You can't really compare Sabre Wulf and Grunty's Revenge to the likes of Perfect Dark because they're such different games - but Starfox Adventures put the Wind Waker to shame, Sabre Wulf is even better than Donkey Kong Country, Banjo Pilot coming on GBA looks better than most N-Gage games. I have high expectations because Rare are on top form - I don't know where people are getting this strange idea from that they're not.

Eugh I cant even stand you any more. Sorry I dont mind people having their own opinions and stuff like you obviously love sonic DX but saying star fox advetnures put the wind waker to shame is shocking

Nintendo did the smart thing in ditching a dead in the water developer, living on past glories(many who created them have since departed)

Nintendo still have great ties with Free Radical & Zoonami, so i think they came out of this situation smelling of roses.

Grabbed by the Ghoulies was shockingly bad, ample proof that they can no longer cut it, also there Gameboy output is good but not great, the ports of the Donkey Kong Country games are a disgrace.

When you cycled by

Here began all my dreams

And you never knew

Oh, and I meant to

Are you still there ?

Or have you moved away ?

If Starfox Adventures puts LOZ:TWW to shame, then there must be something SERIOUSLY wrong with my copy of SA. My copy appears to be a painfully average adventure game, and not the Zelda-beater that you own, Beam. Smilie

Yeah I dont wanna even start on starfox adventures but it was painfully mediocre

If Starfox Adventures puts LOZ:TWW to shame, then there must be something SERIOUSLY wrong with my copy of SA. My copy appears to be a painfully average adventure game, and not the Zelda-beater that you own, Beam.

Didn't you get your free RARE can't do anything wrong glasses with your copy of game.

My copy of Star Fox had them missing from the box too.

Bummer. Smilie

When you cycled by

Here began all my dreams

And you never knew

Oh, and I meant to

Are you still there ?

Or have you moved away ?

To be honest i dont see why every one thinks rare is SO great i mean they made a handful of great games but apart from that.....they made starfox adventures

Redking wrote:
To be honest i dont see why every one thinks rare is SO great i mean they made a handful of great games but apart from that.....they made starfox adventures

But... but... b...but some other people must love Starfox Adventures?!?!

im sure some people who dont have a high standard of gaming enjoy sa but not to the insane extent that it put wind waker to shame. I dont wannna sound fan boyish cos i didnt like wind waker vastly (just the whole subject matter sailing and stuff) But it was an excellent calibur of game.
Yeah Forgetting what Rare have done in the past they wont be doing anything like that again i think Raindog has summed this rare being good topic up

OK, I'm going to take what I said back about "putting wind waker to shame" - that was just to emphasise my point - in my opinion both games have their advantages and are very equal in terms of quality. So... whats wrong with Starfox Adventures anyway?

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex, Nayu

There are 2 members online at the moment.