Will RARE ever return?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 23.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

It sux dude. Smilie

When you cycled by

Here began all my dreams

The saddest thing I�ve ever seen

And you never knew

How much I really liked you

Because I never even told you

Oh, and I meant to

Are you still there ?

Or ... have you moved away ?

Or have you moved away ?

Perhaps it puts 'Croc' on PSOne to shame (and even then, the jury's out), but not Wind Waker.

Ok first impressions of playing the FIRST level.
Boring....booooring....sloooow....boooring.

First impressions of getting down and fighting (i came very very close to turning the gamecube off after the first level mind)
Ok combat lets kick some ass!
Hit A...Hit A...Hit A....HIT A REAL FAST...Hit A

here s a great comparison. ww's first island was great fun and taught you things too. when you first get a sail and set up in your boat the urge to explre is overwhelming you wanna get out there and have fun.

Start fox adventures when you are all set up and have tried the combat you are just as happy to not venture deeper into a game where hitting A is the only way to defeat enemies. I even tried using the ranged attack to hit them to break the combat up a little BUT IT FAILED.
please dont make me go any farther it pains me to remember this awful game. In 90% of peoples eyes this game is average.
FOr people like me who only play the BEST games this game is a steaming cauldron of arse juice

We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh

Don't worry Beam, I'm with you. SFA was a very good game. I got both SFA and WW at the same time and played them both for about an hour. By the end of it I decided SFA was the game I wanted to complete first. I didn't even start WW till about 2 months after.
I thought SFA was better (until I really got into WW) and so... yeah I thought it was great game Smilie

<1151>

[ Edited by Tr!5t@n on 2004/7/8 23:26 ]

Yeah another thing that still shocks me about starfox adventures and sonic DX and heroes (not sonic adventure battle cause that was OK!) is that they have a fan base.
Ok now im not gonna slander your opinions on games but i have my own theory as to why, Note if this theory offends you it is not intentional and if you refuse to beleive it isnt intentional then Fuck you Smilie

OK we have two types of gamers in my opinion.
Gamers who LOVE quality games in ANY form they arent picky as long as the game looks plays runs feels and well is GREAT and smooth and fun and addictive and absorbing, And this may sound shallow but 90% of the time these people (whether intentional or not) Go for games that GENUINE magazines give great scores (when i say genuine i mean magazines that dont give games like driv3r good scores for any other reason than its personal merits or lack therof! Of course these magazines are few and far between Smilie ) The people own mario sunshine, mario kart double dash and wind waker metroid prime. And sometimes move into other areas if these rave games arent available (these games dont neceseraly have to be nintendo in house games)

and the second type of gamers.
These people in my opinion dont look SERIOUSLY closely at their gaming experience (which isnt a bad thing per se') And buy games before reading (or maybe even after) reveiws they buy games like star fox adventures cos altogether they look cool i mean the adverts for sa and sonic heroes certainly swayed me (till i realised the games were pap) They also buy games if they are fans of the genre or subject matter (E.G Sonic fans) and since they buy these sorts of games and dont really examine their games closely i mean RIGHT into detail (not in a way in which you have to put much effort into it) the just like them cause their character moves jumps and hits people with their stick in the way they are supposed too.

OK Sorry to seem like a prick and im not dumping the people who like sa into catagory 2 as i said before this is just my experience k. SO nobody get offended your all great gamers and Games fans. DONT GET OFFENDED!!!

We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh

SmilieI've been seriously offended...... Smilie
Well I really like the starfox games, so straight away after seeing screenshots I decided I must have the game, and well I really was not disappointed. It's much better then most games out there, looks amazing and I thought the gameplay was great.
I don't play games that deduct from my gaming experience, RARE did a fine job with it Smilie

<1152>

[ Edited by Tr!5t@n on 2004/7/8 23:27 ]

Its people like you that make me want to find another frigging copy.
People like you i really hate cos i spend money on it AGAIN despite me hating it first time around then it just opens old wounds and i hate it so much! ..................

OK IF ITS IN BLOCKBUSTER TOMMOROW ILL RENT IT
Clowns

SFA was a great game, wasn't really bad. Only problem i had with it was it was kinda freakin easy! But the main point is, it was fun Smilie

Freaky? In what way? And I thought it was also excellent, just the combat system was a little bad, mainly press A for a combo and that's it.

Well may be not freaky but i thought it was easy.

My only complaint about SFA is probably it could've done with a few side-quests and things to do other than the "main story". Theres lots to do and explore, but theres a fairly specific order to do things - and nothing else. Although that said, part of what was good was you knew you weren't missing anything - sometimes that works well in a game and it worked well here. And about the action - it was simple but its not an action game is it? if you want a lot of depth to fighting then get SC2.

I think SFA is most comparable with Metroid Prime - its like MP put into 3rd-person.

Dear god tell me you didnt just refer to Starfox adventures as a third person metroid prime PLEASE tell me you were joking. Beam I dont want a fighting game i wanted Starfox adventures to have a Comprehgensive fighting system this really isnt so much to ask. What the hell was the point in putting the staff combat into the game if the "combat" only ever involves you hitting A. I dont know how you founf the will power to play far into this game i found it soul destroying.
Starfox is NOTHING like a third person metroid. Firstly the combat in metroid is very very satisfying. Secondly Metroid prime has a wonderful linearity where you progressed in a set direction based on the power ups you had which involved you looking for places to try out your new power up,about it whereas Starfox's linearity is just that Linearity.
Metroid prime was a hugely absorbing experience.
Starfox was boring linear and well Boring unbeleivable soul destroyingly boring, The game did nothing in either gameplay (or somewhat less importantly) or in visual terms.

Or you could say Metorid Prime is a 1st-person Starfox Adventures - since SFA did come first. Smilie

Jesus you obviously didnt even read my whole post

I read it all, took your opinion into account, realised I disagreed, then thought of my post and decided to say about how actually it was Metroid Prime that borrowed a lot from SFA rather than the other way around.

Frankly, I love RARE games, but although I enjoyed Conker, that was an apparent turning point; the game was great, but it was fairly short, linear, and was less of a game than it was a 'console film'. They apparently did very well with the original DKC, and there were 3 SNES titles of that name, then 1 N64 title, then... how many? 0. Blast Corps was original, fun and challenging, Goldeneye is a milestone in console gaming, what now? No matter what is said, it is fairly obvious that RARE have fallen at least a little.
SFA was a good game, and it certainly has its moments, but will I come back from the next new console to enjoy it? (like I have with BK). They don't have to program for the 'Cube (though I find that statement offensive Smilie ) but they do have to create something that gives you more than what you expect, a massive, puzzling, humourus, and balanced title. I wouldn't call Luigi's Mansion a masterpeice, and I won't say it of SFA.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, jesusraz, Sandy Wilson, Steven M

There are 4 members online at the moment.