Wii U Browser, is it just a stretched out version of what's on the GamePad?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 23.09.2020
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

My Wii U doesn't like my TV, so could it just be my TV? Some features, (Netflix, eShop, Nintendo TVii, Browser and Miiverse. These are the only apps I've noticed this happen.) all just look like stretched out versions of what's shown on the GamePad. My Wii U also doesn't connect with the TV Remote Function on my TV. It'll also randomly shut off and say "detecting" in the middle of a game. (Most notably in the middle of a NSMBU level. I'm forced to pause and wait for my TV to show Wii U again. That only seems to happen during games, though.)

I'm just curious, is this only me or have others of you had these problems?

About the apps being stretched out, you have to go into the settings of each app and adjust them so they fit your TV correctly. I had to do this.
I have no clue about your second problem though. If you're using a SD TV then that might be why, TV remote function only works with HD TVs I think.

L said:
About the apps being stretched out, you have to go into the settings of each app and adjust them so they fit your TV correctly. I had to do this.
I have no clue about your second problem though. If you're using a SD TV then that might be why, TV remote function only works with HD TVs I think.

I've adjusted the settings as much as I know I can. And I do have an HDTV, it's fairly new too. (Got it last year)

Our member of the week

My Wii U gamepad is set for the Samsung HDTV we have as well as our Digital TV box thingie. It can control both at the same time, works flawlessly. Dunno what your problem might be. Can't you find the brand of your TV when you go to set it up for your TV?

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

RudyC3 said:
My Wii U gamepad is set for the Samsung HDTV we have as well as our Digital TV box thingie. It can control both at the same time, works flawlessly. Dunno what your problem might be. Can't you find the brand of your TV when you go to set it up for your TV?

Yeah, my brand is there. (Coby) I've also tried other TVs in the house and cable boxes (My TV doesn't have cable) and the others work just fine. And they're older, SDTVs.

It sounds like it could possibly be a bad HDMI cable. It takes a little bit longer for TV's to detect the HDMI, so it could be cutting in and out and that's why it takes so long for it to detect it. Are the apps and stuff actually stretched, or they just extending off your TV?   

Working like a fiend isn't very fun... and surprisingly isn't very fiendish either.

Hawk said:
It sounds like it could possibly be a bad HDMI cable. It takes a little bit longer for TV's to detect the HDMI, so it could be cutting in and out and that's why it takes so long for it to detect it. Are the apps and stuff actually stretched, or they just extending off your TV?   

I'm using the HDMI that came with my Wii U. I do have another that I could try. But it's only certain apps. Games, the Home Menu, Wara Wara Plaza, Friends List and a couple other things look fine. One thing is with my TV I had to turn the Overscan on my TV off (It was default on when I got my Wii U and I've never messed with the option before). With overscan on my Wii U menus and everything besides the game wouldn't fit my TV.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, mikem52, Ofisil, Renan

There are 4 members online at the moment.