New 720 Information Leaked

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 20.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

According to the XDK leak on VGLeaks:

720 is an Always On, Always Connected device - requires internet connection
All games will require installation, but can be played instantly during the installation process 
Playing software from the optical discs will not be supported
All second-hand software will be blocked
All consoles will come with a harddrive of sufficient size 
Blu-Ray disc format
A new high-fidelity Kinect sensor included with every console - this is required for the system to operate
New controller featuring improved ergonomics and low-latency wireless connectivity

The next Xbox, codename Durango, is said to utilise an AMD eight-core x64 1.6GHz CPU, a D3D11.x 800MHz graphics solution and 8GB of DDR3 RAM.

Microsoft will hold an event in April to showcase their new console.

http://www.vgleaks.com/durango-xdk/

( Edited 20.03.2013 11:24 by Linkyshinks )

Requires internet connection, I hope not, makes things so inconvenient at times!

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

PS4 will be the same. It's the worst feeling when your connection is down and you can do nothing but stare at a console.

I find one of the best aspects of Wii(U) is that you can take a huge library of games on camping trips.

This is hilarious - really? I know in this day and age most people have decent internet, but there are times where you may not. 

The install/lack of optical disc is an odd one - can't you just return the  game, or is it for some sort of piracy protection?

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

jb said:
This is hilarious - really? I know in this day and age most people have decent internet, but there are times where you may not. 

The install/lack of optical disc is an odd one - can't you just return the  game, or is it for some sort of piracy protection?

I assume once someone has loaded a disc for install, a server then collects a unique serial number and attributes it to your XBL account, and only yours. So yea, it's piracy protection and Microsoft trying to eliminate the second-hand videogame market.

Edge reports it's pretty much true:
http://www.edge-online.com/news/new-always-on-always-connected-durango-leak-is-real/

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Uh-Oh.

I was never a big Xbox fan that much anyway. I was always a Nintendo/Sony type of guy. Xbox didn't have that many exclusives that interested me. Gears of War, Crackdown, Halo, and thats about it.

This deeply upsets me if its true, i am not ready (nor will i ever be) for a 100% digital distribution console. So if i am unable to re-sell the game then i am unlikely to pick up as many games. I actually see games as assets that i can actually make money off if i keep the right ones and buy at the right prices.

Moreso, many raise the above point that internet connection across the country (UK) isn't that great in rural parts but what about in developing countries and other countries around the world? 

I doubt Microsoft would be that short sighted for it to ALWAYS be connected? 

( Edited 26.03.2013 22:27 by Flynnie )

Flynnie said:
This deeply upsets me if its true, i am not ready (nor will i ever be) for a 100% digital distribution console. So if i am unable to re-sell the game then i am unlikely to pick up as many games. I actually see games as assets that i can actually make money off if i keep the right ones and buy at the right prices.Moreso, many raise the above point that internet connection across the country (UK) isn't that great in rural parts but what about in developing countries and other countries around the world? I doubt Microsoft would be that short sighted for it to ALWAYS be connected?

Microsoft establish green-wifi around the globe in less developed countries and rural communities.

-----

Microsoft are rolling out their Xbox Live Rewards, which starts on April 1st.

- Play 20 hours of any Xbox Live Arcade Game: receive a free avatar item for that game. 

- Buy four games of Xbox Live Arcade worth 400 Microsoft Points or more from Xbox LIVE, receive one month Xbox LIVE Gold membership (if you are already a subscriber it will add at the end) 

- Spend 3200 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Arcade, receive 800 Microsoft Points back.

BF4

DICE:

"I think overall for me as creative director, number one is to deliver a really great game and experience. Sometimes, at least for us, it's focus on what you do well and what you know well, and ensure that you deliver something good than trying a bit too much, stretching yourself too thin and risking it. I'd rather play it safe, deliver something really good and then look at the future and what could possibly be done than trying a bit too hard and [failing]." - creative director Lars Gustavsson

Destiny

Thief (4) Teaser

UE4 Demo

( Edited 01.02.2014 01:49 by Azuardo )

Sony have said that the PS4 will not require an internet connect so Microsoft may have just shot themselves in the foot with this.

Ifrit XXII said:
Sony have said that the PS4 will not require an internet connect so Microsoft may have just shot themselves in the foot with this.

I think it depends on what positive features 720 can have with Always On, Always Connected. If it doesn't balance up well, yea, that's may well be the case. 720's lesser technical ability means 720 will need to make the best of what Microsoft can offer as far as features. If there's one thing they're good at, it's innovating in that area.

Something like this seems certain to come to fruition now.

http://www.cubed3.com/topic/25416/-1/microsoft--project-donny-brook.html

( Edited 01.02.2014 01:48 by Azuardo )

A sku Cheaper than Wii U 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-08-next-xbox-reveal-due-21st-may-costs-USD500-or-USD300-with-a-subscription-reports-suggest

Whenever a new game comes out that is all online (ex: SimCity), the servers can never handle it initially. This is for a whole console!!! I'm not sure if the Durango will be successful in the beginning.

May 21st Reveal 

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/399649/rumour-next-xbox-will-be-expensive-may-21-reveal-suggested/

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Steven M

There are 1 members online at the moment.