Bugger Spring Cleaning, What Are You Playing this month?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 25.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Nearly halfway through the month and no-one's made this top yet? For shame Cubed3 for shame!

Anyhoos, my whooping bonanza for this month so far;

Luigi's Mansion 2

At the fourth Mansion now, and I officially love this game. Miles better than the first one, and the animations are some of the most charming and memorable of any game I think I've ever seen.

Persona 3 Portable

I tried the first two Persona games, really couldn't get into them. So immediately jumped into the safety net of P3P. Great fun, better than ever on the vita screen and even quicker loading speeds too. Playing through the Female MC campaign first this time on Very Hard difficulty.Nearly reached the first Full Moon boss.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

This one is more of a 'on hold' title while I get to grips with the Vita and Luigi's Mansion but with the update this week I'll definitely be returning to it. Thanks to an awesome C3 member's advice I've gotten a better handle on what I'm doing and have completed an Armour range and learnt how to use the Switch Axe more proficiently. Looking forward to Off-TV play. Smilie

Rhythm Thief

Found this one in HMV after searching for months, and I kinda like it but will most likely sell it on when I'm done. Great visuals and cutscenes and decent voicework, just never really been that much into Rhythm games which is a shame. Any takers? Smilie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U)
Great little game, got it on the cheap from Zavvi. Bit slow in some areas, but still good times and great Nintendo additions!

Harmoknight (3DS eShop)
Great little gem from GameFreak. Addictive, simple concept yet ridiculously challenging as you progress!

Evoland (PC/Steam)
Reviewed this 'un - a really good throwback to all the adventure gaming conventions from Zelda, Final Fantasy. You'll love it.

Timesplitters 2 (GameCube)
Only briefly when I went over to my brother's. Really holds up well despite the age - loads of bots, co-op and that little monkey dude. Bit too frantic from what I remember, but still really love it.

Smash Bros Melee (GameCube)
Jigglypuff in hand, disparately trying to overcome Event 51 after about 12 years lol. Still haven't done it, tried an endless amount of times. Got down to 1 stock each, just Mewtwo left and a bomb fell on me Smilie

----

Really want to play Twilight Princess again, may get it from CEX for £7. Lost my copy Smilie

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

I'll try to remember to keep on top of these when you leave, Phoe : (

Resident Evil 6
Finished the last of the four campaigns last night, after being stuck on one puzzle for hours :/ Don't care what others say; I loved this game and may still stick with it a bit for Mercenaries or some co-op.

Guacamelee!
Will play through this next now I'm done with RE6. Only played briefly so far, but I love how smooth this is already. Really good first impressions.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Played first few chapters.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Done first chapter.

Rune Factory Oceans
Need to make time for this. Looking forward to spending some time with it, though, as the last sim I played like this was Harvest Moon on GC (and Animal Crossing DS, which is kinda similar).

Dead or Alive 5
Keep coming back to this. Sadly, the longer the days I go without playing, the more I seem to come back to it worse for wear, and become so sloppy online. Highly addicted to it, though.

Playing Fire Emblem: Awakening DLC, and replaying Bioshock Infinite.

Also recently downloaded Age of Empires II: HD Edition that just came out. What a blast from the past!

@Jacob, is it true that the FE dlc is free at first?

Also, I've been playing Guacamelee, Luigi's Mansion 2Code of PrincessSkullgirls, and Harmoknight. That'll prolly change soon, but I don't have much time to game right now either way. When I resume it'll probably just be LM2 for the time being.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

We got the first two DLC for free, but you have to pay after that. Frankly, it's rather expensive. Ratio of content to $ is much lower than you'd get with most other DLC missions in major productions. But eh, it's Fire Emblem and I'll pay it to at least help show Nintendo there is a market for more content.

Amazing game and so much fun in multiplayer but I've put it on hold until I get all of my work out of the way so I'll carry on in May. Same applies to other games.

Twilight Princess
I thought it was really good the first time I played it when I came out. I'm replaying it now and it's incredible (as is every Zelda game lol)

I wish I had more time right now but finals week is approaching Smilie...BUT, right after, I'm gonna start on my huge backlog of games (including all the steam games that I impulsively bought lol).

I can't believe I hated monster beforehand, was never keen on how clunky it felt compared to other games. Insanely addicting and I'm gonna try some online when I get some better Armour.

Gears of War Judgment
Been going on and off this for a while since epic keep ninja updating the game to make it worse and better with changes. They got their act together and the multiplayer is brilliant atm, that and the campaign is my favorite in the series besides Gears 1.

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Got back into brawl hacking and there's a neat skyward sword link moveset hack I wanna try Smilie

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.