E3 2013 - THE Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Image for

A year... Nearly a year! Since last E3 - as I always say, time is going to fast!

It's fast approaching, which means it's time for the official thread to appear. This is the place for all E3 discussion. Post funny GIFs and videos, talk about the games at the show, what you expect to be shown? Talk about each press conference. All the usual stuff really. Smilie

Of course, IRC is essential and a yearly tradition for Cubed3, so as always, here's the link to the IRC channel we usually use. You can access it through a client like ChatZilla though (I think).

C3 E3 IRC

IRC Chat

Press Conference Times

Nintendo: June 11th - 3:00pm GMT
Microsoft: June 10th - 5:30pm GMT
Sony: June 11th - 2:00am GMT

EA: June 10th - 9:00pm GMT
Ubisoft: June 10th - 11:00pm GMT
Konami: June 6th - 4:00pm GMT

Anyone is free to fix the thread up and make it look better.

( Edited 05.06.2013 17:45 by Marzy )

Good idea Ross, stickied! 

Definitely looking forward to E3 this year - Nintendo do have a look to make up for last year's conference imo. Looking forward to 3D Mario, Mario Kart, more on Wind Waker, first Smash screens and more Smilie 

I reckon Nintendo have a few more surprises up their sleeves. Come on Square Enix, Capcom!

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer
Our member of the week

Is June 11th 3PM the time of the E3 Nintendo Direct? I wasn't even aware we knew the time for that already, that's how well informed I've been in recent weeks -_- ...

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Yep, that's the E3 Nintendo Direct. Smilie

Thanks, JB. Smilie

I am very excited about the games Nintendo have confirmed for E3, but I do hope they've kept a surprise or two, as well. Surprises are always super excting, because we had no idea about them. Reggie did say Retro would likely be showing their new game at E3, so fingers crossed.

I'm looking forward to seeing Mario Kart in HD/better visuals.

Thanks for starting this up Ross, I was waiting for it! I'll try to spend plenty of time in the chat around the time of the conferences, always good fun! ^_^

I look forward to the new Mario, and If Retro reveal a new Metroid Prime I would likely explode in delight, and therefore in a case of fatal irony I would never get to play Metroid Prime. So really, I hope that they don't announce a new Metroid Prime because I have loved ones.

IANC said:
Dude yuor totally awesome. And i won't be killing you anytime soon.

Metroid Prime's were great but I am really hoping that Retro are working on StarFox....one can dream right?

I do hope that there is a portable Metroid in the works though. I have really been wanting Nintendo to re-make Metroid II.

I think there is going to be a Donkey Kong game released for the Wii U...or they are re-working the DKC games to HD. I just think the way they removed them from the VC last year was a bit suspicious that's all...

I just hope that we don't get about 100 more Mario games...the plumbers tits are sore from all the milking..

Hopefully I'm not working on these days, getting really excited now to see what they'll show us!

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

I'll be at work that day, but if it's 3PM I should be able to take my break at that time. I hope my colleagues won't mind my cries of joy. Smilie

Edit: wait, 3PM GMT = 4PM Dutch time... It will be hard to convince my boss that's a good time to take my break. I'm considering working until 5PM, then go home and just see the Nintendo Direct on Youtube.

( Edited 03.06.2013 12:04 by Canyarion )

Updated the time schedule with EA and Ubisoft's press conferences!

Time to get hyped!

Image for
Image for

( Edited 03.06.2013 11:55 by Marzy )

Our member of the week

Haha, cool total recall stuff Smilie.

Don't know what the first one is from though.

Those gifs are hilarious xD Luckily I don't have work so I can watch it. Not long now!

I am so excited for E3! It's torture waiting. Gaming news is always so slow leading up to it! Smilie

Working like a fiend isn't very fun... and surprisingly isn't very fiendish either.

Hawk said:
I am so excited for E3! It's torture waiting. Gaming news is always so slow leading up to it! Smilie
I dunno these past few weeks have gonna by rather quickly for me but the next few days might be incredibly slow O.o

It just so happens that I'll start working on the 10th, so I'll have to miss Sony and Ubisoft...while I can easily watch Microsoft and EA Smilie. Thankfully, I can finish early on Tuesday to watch Nintendo.

The wait isn't bad at all for me, as I'm still occupied with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Fire Emblem: Awakening. The Animal Crossing: New Leaf hype is killing me, though. All those glowing reviews showing up today certainly aren't helping. Smilie

LKR000 said:
Hawk said:
I dunno these past few weeks have gonna by rather quickly for me but the next few days might be incredibly slow O.o

Time was flying for me as well, up until mid last week. It's at a snails pace now, though I did just get Most Wanted U. I'm hoping that can kill some time. 

Working like a fiend isn't very fun... and surprisingly isn't very fiendish either.

I realized I can't watch that ustream at work anyway, they block the site. So I'll just have a normal day at work, I'll get home around 17:35 and I can start watching at 17:45. It will be the Youtube video which should be up by then. Avoiding spoilers will be a challenge.

So what do people think will be shown from RETRO?

Methinks they're doing Star Fox - been hearing rumbles of Star Tropics as one of the possibilities.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

The Konami conference is on tomorrow at 4pm gmt I believe so you can add that to the opening if you want Marzy Smilie

Our member of the week

The guys at IGN seem to be pretty sure that Retro is working on a totally new IP. Dunno what to think at this point. I started playing startropics on NES a while back (since I won the cartridge) but wasn't too impressed by it, so I'd rather if they were working on Starfox or something along those lines. Would much rather see Starfox done by Game Arts or Treasure though (like Marzy Smilie)

If Retro is working on Star Fox or F-Zero, I'm gonna scream sooooooooooooo loud. I'm pretty sure the Nintendo Direct is gonna be when I have class, but who cares if everyone stares?!?! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!! CANNOT WAIT! Also, can't wait for Saturday to try out some of the games. Sweet move by Nintendo.

Didn't Retro/Nintendo comment a while back that they are working on a game "everyone wanted them to make"? That sounds to me like an established franchise like Star Fox, F-Zero, or Earthbound instead of bringing back an older, relatively unknown franchise like Star Tropics or a completely new IP.

Here are my preferences for Retro:
1) Star Fox
2) New IP
3) Star Tropics
4) Earthbound
5) F-Zero
6) Metroid

- I really love Star Fox and would love a huge new game (Assault was a favorite Gamecube game).
- I would love to see what Retro could come up with on their own.
- I've never played Star Tropics, but it seems like an interesting premise and considering there were only two 8-bit games in the franchise, Retro could probably do what they wanted with it. In that sense it would almost be as if they were working on a new IP.
- I don't exactly expect them to be working on a new Earthbound game, but it would certainly fit as the "game everyone wants them to make". Plus there is that Earthbound Wii U listing on Amazon that recently popped up.
- I'm not a huge fan of F-Zero though I do enjoy the intense racing. If Retro made it I would buy it.
- I love the Metroid Prime games. It's just that I haven't finished them yet, so I'm not ready for a new one.

How many people work at Retro? Would it be possible for them to be working on two games, such as a big ambitious one (Metroid/StarFox/StarTropics/newIP) and a second smaller one (such as Donkey Kong Country Returns 2)?

Remember Shin'en weren't denying they were working on F-Zero. Of course it could just have been them hyping up their new F-Zero clone... but here's hoping Nintendo actually asked them to work on the real franchise.

I like my Star Fox, but I didn't even bother to play the GC one. I'm not even sure I beat the DS Star Fox.

I guess what I'd love to see most from Retro is a totally new IP. Something that's not bound to crazy bounderies just because it's an old Nintendo franchise.

Canyarion said:
I like my Star Fox, but I didn't even bother to play the GC one.

You should. It was a lot of fun to play, both single and multiplayer.

(referring to Star Fox: Assault, not Star Fox Adventures)

Sonic_13 said:
Canyarion said:
I like my Star Fox, but I didn't even bother to play the GC one.

You should. It was a lot of fun to play, both single and multiplayer.

(referring to Star Fox: Assault, not Star Fox Adventures)

Idk, Assault wasn't nowhere near as good as 64. The on rail sections were good, everything else not so much. The physics of the arwings seemed too....soft.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, Ofisil

There are 2 members online at the moment.