What Wii U needs – Wii Sports U

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Introduction:
About once a week I get friends over and usually we play some video games. When the Wii U was brand new, we’d play Nintendo Land and have a jolly good time. But now, after 6 months… they’ve gone back to Wii Sports. We play several fun games of Wii Tennis, then maybe some Wii Bowling and if they’re staying longer, they might want to try Golf or Baseball.

So there it is. When I have friends over, my Wii U gets mostly used for Wii Sports. Even though I have Nintendo Land, NSMBU and Trine 2, all fun multiplayer games that look way better and use the Upad. I find it rather shocking that people prefer a 7 year old game over all these new ones.

Why do they like Wii Sports? Motion controls. Simple concepts. Stand-up, active gameplay. Real sports.
Why don’t they like Nintendo Land that much? Back to button controls. Sit-down, passive gameplay. Gimmicky gameplay, based on abstract ideas.

It is time for a sequel to Wii Sports. I’m not sure if they should call it Wii Sports 2, 3 or U.
The weird thing is that they actually demonstrated a sequel to Wii Sports with the reveal of the Wii U in 2011. Some screenshots of ideas they had:

Image for
Image for

Image for

Now I’m sure my friends would be all over this. Even a HD and WM+ update of the old games would be great. And there’s so much else Nintendo could do with it. Improved controls, added gameplay (let us use the nunchuck to control our character in Tennis!), Upad-based games (the plane and wakeboard games from Resort…), tournament functions, maybe even online gameplay?

Nintendo is stupid for not making a sequel to their biggest Wii hit. I won’t be surprised at all if at E3 they finally announce this sequel. I’ll embrace it and I expect lots of people to cave in and buy a Wii U for this.

Defo - Wii Sports was always our fallback multiplayer game after Brawl, Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Mario Tennis. A Wii U one with updated graphics, online support/leaderboards would be good. I doubt it'd cost Nintendo a lot of resources and it'll bring in a decent amount of cash - perhaps not as much as Wii, but a decent enough hit methinks!

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

I'm really surprised this wasn't the first thing Nintendo turned to with a slow Wii U start.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.