Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) - Official Topic

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Discuss Mario Kart 8 (Wii U), news, the latest pictures and videos!

Looking good! Smilie x

Mario Kart Wii but I just came across this and had to share. Incredible.

Have to say, the new 200cc mode in Mario Kart 8 drastically increased my interest in playing more of it, more than the upcoming DLC pack, actually! Always longed for something like this, looks fucking mental and not because of the items for once!!

Way too good.

( Edited 18.04.2015 00:05 by Marzy )

Tomorrow, people!

Where is the hype?

( Edited 22.04.2015 13:31 by Marzy )

So busy recently, I pretty much forgot about it this week. Hopefully I can find a chance to play it tomorrow.

Our member of the week

Will most definitely be on tomorrow night, maybe on and off cause I think I will have a friend over. I am hyped Smilie.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Been feeling like shit just lately, work has been sucking the life out of me to the point that I'm exhausted all the time. I'll probably get on Friday to play some with you guys though.

The hype is real!

Does anyone know when the patch will go up? If it goes up at 12am, I might have a quick go before bed, if it doesn't take too long to download.

( Edited 22.04.2015 18:50 by Marzy )

Marzy said:
The hype is real!

Does anyone know when the patch will go up? If it goes up at 12am, I might have a quick go before bed, if it doesn't take too long to download.

DLC won't go up until the eShop is updated usually, I think. As for the 200cc patch, no idea when that'll be up.

( Edited 22.04.2015 19:59 by Mush )

Our member of the week

Should be up around the same time since I expect that the DLC is made to run with the latest version of the game. That's how they did it last time, released the update with the coloured Yoshis and Shy Guys at the same time as the DLC Pack 1.

Hope it gets better for you soon Liam mate!

Friday would be awesome, I think I should be able to head online for some races! Would be good to record some videos for C3 YouTube - the two retro cups, some 200cc races etc Smilie A GBA cup would be good if we had more than 3!

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer
Our member of the week

Jorge, if you feel up to editing the stuff like you did last time (which turned out amazing too) where you've got my view in small in a corner, and your own feed in big, that would be ace for the channel Smilie. Good content! I'll definitely be capturing.

Rudy, I love you! It was a toughie as I guess we maybe were recording at different FPSes but we can chat before and give it a go!

Our member of the week

Aaaaah yeah, I might have to try out different settings and see how it goes. I believe I must be capturing at a sort of NTSC refresh rate, something like 29.7 frames per second, or something odd like that, that would have caused troubles. Might need to check what kind of framerate I need, like a proper 30FPS at least (I'm sure I can't capture at 60FPS, I'm still using the same equipment as last time)

Nintendo Network maintenance ends about 10am tomorrow, which is the time DLC normally drops for games like Hyrule Warriors, so I'd say expect the patch after 10am. Otherwise, eShop updates in UK are about 2-3pm, so it's gonna be one or the other.

I'll probs be online Friday night hopefully.

Our member of the week

I should be there rather Friday and not Saturday, just saying, cause I have to be in bed early on Saturday night, as I'm required early in the morning on Sunday, so won't be able to make it. So I hope a maximum of people will be able to make it on Friday Smilie.

EDIT: Yeah, looking bck at the videos you edited of our MKWii sessions Jorge, as long as the countdowns were synced up at the beginning it seems to remain synced for the rest of the race, each time, and quite perfectly so.

Also, I made adjustements today to my Wi-Fi setup to maximise bandwidth by placing a more powerful access point in a better spot in the house, so that I get decent signal in my room to remain connected without too much trouble when our session comes, though we might have trouble with too many people connecting at the same time due to the DLC coming out just the day before but that couldn't be helped if it indeed happens.

( Edited 22.04.2015 22:46 by RudyC3 )

The update is up now! Smilie

Downloading!

Our member of the week

Still not up for me :/.

EDIT: Live now! I'm downloading Smilie. Had to try logging into the online mode to force the game to check for updates and restart the game, otherwise it wouldn't update on its own.

( Edited 23.04.2015 12:10 by RudyC3 )

A GBA cup would be good if we had more than 3!

There's only 3 GBA courses, but we could a DS course for the last one, since at least it'll still be from a handheld Mario Kart.

Our member of the week

What times you guys reckon all potential participants could be up tonight? So I don't wait for nuthin' Smilie ?

I guess 7:30-8pm is my tentative start time. But it might be after.

Our member of the week

Was awaiting to see if we were going to go early or rather late, cause I have other stuff to do tonight as well, but would prefer it late, so that I can make it longer, so I guess it's gonna be late rather than early. Should be on by 9:30pm (UK time) then. I bet IF and WHEN jb joins, it's going to be rather late than early anyway.

9/9:30ish for recording? I'll be around - going to have some dinner now thne bash out a few news pieces before our races Smilie

Nice I can be there for 9/9:30pm. Smilie

Comment on Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Developer

Nintendo

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Driving

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10 (5 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now    Also on Also on Nintendo eShop
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, Ofisil

There are 2 members online at the moment.