Yoshi's Woolly World - Official Topic

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Discuss Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U), news, the latest pictures and videos!
Image for

Brrrrring-DA, Yoshiiiiii!

Yoshi's Woolly World releases later this month and it's looking like it's going to be a fantastic return to 2D platforming for the multi-coloured dinosaur. Good-Feel, who have previously worked on Kirby's Epic Yarn has created a 2D platformer that incorporates classic Yoshi gameplay, while adding in the newer style of play found in Epic Yarn. Nintendo plan to release new knitted Yoshi Amiibo along side the game, and also previous Amiibo will be functional to unlock lots of new Yoshi designs based on your favourite Nintendo characters!

Who's planning on picking this up?

I wasn't too sure for a while, but after seeing more, it really does look like a fantastic game and I absolutely loved Epic Yarn, so this seems more up my ally, in terms of Yoshi games. I have the game preordered with the Pink Yoshi Amiibo (was really hard to decide which colour to get!).

If it provides all the secrets and optional challenge of Yoshi's Island (getting 100% and the extra unlockable levels in the original were solid), I'll be all over this. I may wait for reviews first, but if it does sound good then I'll probably go for it. There's been no proper Yoshi solo outing since Story, and that lasted about 2 minutes, so very keen to give it a go.

LOL your banners are quality, Marzy Mars! Love it. SHIIIIIBATA

Um. Yes. I did quite enjoy it during post E3 last year, the co-op really sells it, methinks. Was quite on the easy side, though. Alas, it has potential I reckon.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Haha! Thank you! Smilie Gotta love Shibata! <3

The only negative I've seen so far is the noise Yoshi makes when he does his hover jump, it's always the same and has no variation. It looks like you have to use it quite a lot from the footage I've seen, so I can imagine it getting obnoxious after a bit.

New trailer.

Looks so good. Loving the music.

Got it last week with a pink Yoshi Amiibo (super cute!). I'm up to World 4, so far and have been enjoying it! It's definitely the best Yoshi game I have played and I like lots about it, such as the visuals, music and stage design (in most of the stages at least). So yeah, overall, it's a great game! I do like Kirby's Epic Yarn more, but that might just be because I like Kirby more than Yoshi.

I will say, one thing that I don't like is some of the checkpoints are placed really weirdly and it can really kill the enjoyment on some stages.

Love this track:

( Edited 29.06.2015 18:13 by Marzy )

Comment on Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Developer

Good Feel

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

2D Platformer

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10 (3 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now    Also on Also on Nintendo eShop
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.