Newcomer Reviewer.

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Hope I'm not messing this up...

Anyways, hello all! My name is Snowtwo/Ian and I just recently joined. I've been a lover of games for a long time, ever since I got my first Gamecube, and have worked hard to gather a huge collection of games. At the moment I have over 400 games to my name and am slowly expanding up to 450. It hasn't been easy work though, but I very much enjoy the games I play.

I'm personally a fan of JRPG's and adventure-style games, but aside from sports games, I love almost every kind of game. I started reviewing games in the hopes of helping people to learn about many of the lesser-known, but still awesome, titles. Not 'indie' of necessity, though I have played some awesome ones (LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!), but games that got kind of glanced over and ignored, like Baten Kaitos (I'm sure I misspelled that).

As for my personal life I'm 25 and live in Connecticut in the U.S. and have lived there my entire life. I don't have much in the way of money, work, or love, but I've been working hard. I'm in a limbo of employment and unemployment, but have worked hard. I've studied both archeology and psychology in college with I passed with flying colors. 

I'm hoping I'll be a strong and good boon to the site as a whole.

Welcome again! Great to have you aboard.

Shame your first review game was such a dud, but looking forward to more of them : )

It's really fine. Duds are more fun to review than bad games with one or two 'redeeming' aspects since you can unload onto them full-force. I'm more daunted by the two Agarest reviews than CPHD since they're long game and I have Hyrule Warriors looming over my shoulder with Borderlands 2.5 and Civilization: Beyond Earth coming up soon.

Welcome to the team! Nice to see someone that also really got into gaming with the Gamecube since I always thought I was really late to the party there. I had a PlayStation 1 before that, but I didn't care about games too much until the Gamecube.

Of all the obscure and overlooked games you could bring up as an example, you went for my favourite RPG of all time, Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean? Mad respect from me for that. Smilie Are you using anything to track a meaty game collection like yours? Some of us are using Backloggery, which is a great tool to track the games you've got and how much progress you've made. It takes a while to add the initial batch, but after that it's a really convenient setup and has a great community of like-minded gamers to boot.

It's okay. I keep a mental log of everything I have and haven't played as well as how far progressed I am in all of them.

I'm curious as to the rules of story when reviewing? How far are we required to go?

Snowtwo said:
I'm curious as to the rules of story when reviewing? How far are we required to go?
Rather than talk about our reviewing guidelines publicly, drop me or Adam an email, or post in the staff forum reviews topic : )

( Edited 30.09.2014 06:54 by Azuardo )

Ah come on Az! Spill the beans!!

Also I love the idea of  Backloggery although I'd be seriously depressed when I see the amount of backlog I have!

( Edited 04.10.2014 12:33 by Flynnie )

Long live the queen is such a pain in the ass of a game. But the climate for promoting that sort of game seems to be good now. I remember trying to push for stuff like, Princess Maker 2, which, was one of the first of that sort of genre that ever got translated and had a bit of a cult following.

Plenty of clones out there that don't quite live up to that sort of thing but eh.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, jesusraz

There are 2 members online at the moment.