The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - Official Topic

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 24.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Discuss The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo 3DS), news, the latest pictures and videos!
Image for

( Edited 18.01.2015 22:52 by Azuardo )

C3 Bot

Used to process things automatically on Cubed3!!
Please contact jb if there are any problems with C3Bot!
Image for

Dearest Santa,

May I please have this. It will creep my out a bit, but it's still rather awesome.

Sincerely,
JB

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

That is smart.

Azuardo said:
That is smart.

It's a smart watch, biologically engineered to know when you're fucked lol.

Curious to hear about those New 3DS features.

I'm hoping that any new features aren't mapped specifically to the new 3ds.

I can't wait to play Majora's Mask! I haven't ever completed it before.

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

Sandy, you are in for a real treat. It's my favourite Zelda by far. It's a tad shorter than most Zeldas but it is a great journey. I am hoping for some sort of master quest or additional temples.

I had hoped that Nintendo were going to save this for their next handheld. I feel like we have had too many remakes recently 

Flynnie said:
I feel like we have had too many remakes recently 

I agree with you there. Even A Link Between Worlds is pretty much a remake.

Nothing on a Master Quest yet... Hope there is one, but kinda don't see it happening.

There is fishing, though!!

And I bought a Circle Pad Pro just to make use of the free camera lol.

I've been trying to decide whether or not to get this, but I think I'm going to go for it. Basically, I've tried many times to get into the N64 version and I just kept failing, so I kind of just gave up trying. However, I think I'll give it once last shot on 3DS and if I still can't get into it, then I'll just have to accept it's just not for me.

There's a few features in the 3DS version that makes it more user-friendly, like the hint statues and extra save points. There's also a new song added allowing you to skip time by 2 hours, I believe. Couple that with a guide and I think I'll be okay. I do really want to experience it, because I've heard such good things about it, especially in the later half of the game!

( Edited 16.01.2015 14:34 by Marzy )

I think the Song of Double Time now lets you skip forward to any hour, rather than just dawn or nightfall. Excellent change. Will make many sidequests lots easier.

Azuardo said:
I think the Song of Double Time now lets you skip forward to any hour, rather than just dawn or nightfall. Excellent change. Will make many sidequests lots easier.
Thank god. No more waiting around for certain sidequests. Sure, there are some mental people that plan out each cycle to maximise what they achieve but I could never be bothered to do that to such a degree where I would have very little downtime. Besides, I always had to be careful playing the Gamecube version since there is the chance that it could freeze. It only happened to me maybe three or four times throughout all my playthroughs (apparently far less than others) but the risk still there, so I made sure to rewind time regularly. For example, I never tackle the temples on the same cycle where I did the stuff to access them even though I'd easily have enough time.

They're making all the right changes so far, just like Ocarina of Time 3D and The Wind Waker HD. It's the little things that I appreciate when I've played these games so many times before and still do every now and then.

Got it today and just beat the first temple. I've been enjoying it so far, apart from the hiccups where I fell into my usual confusion with Majora's Mask, but with a bit of help from Az and a guide I was fine. I'll have a break from it tonight and I think I'll start working on some sidequests tomorrow.

The visual upgrade is really gorgeous, it kind of feels like a new game in some sense, I guess because I haven't really played Majora's fully still and I'm still learning new things about it, even at this early stage in the game. Of course, all the little neat features you get through the 3DS' touchscreen is always nice, like switching weapons easily, map control and your bomber notebook. Like Ocarina of Time 3D, this will be the version to play from now (for me at least).

It'll only get better as you start doing sidequests, so keep on going. Smilie

Our member of the week

Should have mine hopefully Friday at the latest but I might be lucky and receive it tomorrow Smilie. Really eager to dive in again.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Okay, so I'm starting to understand more why the game is so beloved. I've literally spent hours just working on sidequests, not a temple at all done today... and it's been really fun and different! I love how the NPC's aren't even NPC's, they're characters in this Zelda and it gives the game so much more depth and life. Clock Town feels more alive than any other town in a Zelda game. Once I got more used to using my time better and using the songs to manipulate the time, it's become a much more enjoyable experience.

I like how the different mask add a puzzle-like element to the game and are used for sidequests and to defeat enemies in different ways. This is a much more interesting way to add puzzle elements to combat and have it control really well still (Something Skyward Sword was arguable hit and miss on). It adds so many more abilities to Link's usual sword and shield setup.

The music is great and very memorable. I really like Oath to Order!

( Edited 12.02.2015 19:07 by Marzy )

Glad to see you enjoying it this time Marz. I first played it on Gamecube and loved it. Not yet ordered it for 3DS as I'm waiting for pay day but am so looking forward to it again. I prefer it to OoT but always believe both games make for great companion games that really need to be played together. Smilie

I only got back into MM the year before last - rushed it when I was younger, but really appreciated it more the second time round - that's for sure.

Our member of the week

Imagine Marzy how back in the n64 days, the fact that the NPCs were so lively and had a personality of their own stuck with people so much, it was even more unheard of at the time, and that more impressive, though admittedly of course, this version will certainly remain everyone's favourite.

To me it was really Clock Town that made all the appeal of Majora's Mask back then and today still, and elevates it to a level never reached by any other Zelda game since. And while I won't spoil anything, if you take the time to really enjoy the details in people's houses, I mean the backgrounds, the objects lying around etc, those also cement the characters, their back story, etc... It was like that in the N64 game anyway, which given the console, was all the more impressive cause there really weren't any other game on the system, that I can remember, that did this, and no other game on pretty much any other system at the time that did this in such a meaningful way. It's one thing to add meaningless objects lying around to make the game more realistic, but in Majora's Mask, beyond the amount of detail, which for a N64 game, really stood out, it was made with a purpose in mind and a meaning.

I'll just mention one here, and bear in mind I haven't got the 3DS game yet, so I'm referencing the original, in Kafei's bedroom, at the mayor's house, if you pay attention to his desk, there's a picture of Anju, his fiancée, lying there. You never really get any reason to explore that room, but they placed that detail there nonetheless. They did a bit of this in Ocarina of Time 3D too, like how they revamped Malon and Talon's bedroom, by adding a horse doll to indicate Malon's bed, how there are drawings on the walls, tiny pairs of shoes by her bed, and that sort of thing, which I loved. Or the Dog-loving lady's house, which had pink everywhere and dog pics and that kind of thing... though Majora did it more, and I can barely wait to see what they might have added ^^.

I'm really excited to play it again now, I'm hoping it doesn't get delayed. Friend of mine is offering it to me too ^^.

( Edited 12.02.2015 22:57 by RudyC3 )

This is literally my favourite Zelda of all time, it just so different from the other games and I have great memories of this. I struggled with Ocarina when I first got it but for some reason I was able to complete this where as with ocarina I got stuck at the water temple and wait to ironically wait 7 years before I actually completed it. 

Majora's variety in game play via the mask system is great and the story is original too. 

I feel sorry for anyone who's first experience with this game was the GameCube edition, it was so glitchy and not very well polished at all. 

I have to to wait a another 12 hours or so before it gets released here but I can't wait! 

Do you still get Club Nintendo points with it? 

Flynnie said:
Do you still get Club Nintendo points with it? 

Yup, got mine just about half an hour ago.

Flynnie said:
TI feel sorry for anyone who's first experience with this game was the GameCube edition, it was so glitchy and not very well polished at all.  

The GC version was my first experience of the game  but luckily I didn't run into any glaring issues with it so loved every second of it. Smilie guess I was in the minority though. 

I can imagine, Rudy! You summed it up perfectly. I'm definitely going to pay more attention to details in rooms and buildings.

I didn't really accomplish much today, was kind of weird, I felt sort of stuck and unsure what to do with events building up in my notebook. Then I started asking myself "Should I go down this route or do I need something in particular to progress this event later on?" and end up not doing it. I guess the best way to play is do the easy quests as you play along with the main game and then leave the ones that seem like they're long till later on?

It's really hard to know how long certain quests will be though and it starts to become a bit repetitive having to keep repeating things over and over to find out.

So yeah, I'm still unsettled a bit with the gameplay, but I'm enjoying it a lot still and I'm just moving onto Snowhead Temple for now.

Our member of the week

Aaaah yes, if it is what I think it is that you were having trouble progressing through with the bombers' notebook, like a certain sidequest, you might not be able to fully see all the events pertaining to it at the point you're at in the game. You might lack a certain item to gain access to the area where the rest of the chain of events take place, and be left wondering why you can't progress further.

I don't know at which point you are dungeon-wise or inventory-wise, but yeah, there are some quests you can only do after you've obtained certain items. So if you find that you can't progress certain quests you might need to continue progressing through the story and dungeons before you can progress further.

EDIT : Ah yeah, sorry, you mentioned you're moving on to snowhead temple. Well if it is indeed the quest I imagine you're referring to, you should soon be able to clear it, just progress a bit more Smilie.

( Edited 13.02.2015 23:04 by RudyC3 )

Hmm, the quest I'm wanting to do is the Anju and Kafei quest. I'm not sure how to exactly go about completing it though and also whether I'll have the right items to. I just completed Snowhead Temple yesterday though. Smilie

Comment on The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo 3DS)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Developer

Nintendo

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Action Adventure

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  10/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10 (2 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now    Also on Also on Nintendo eShop
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.