Which Amiibo Are You Getting/Waiting For?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

For me it's all about the big names! By Friday these should be through the post;

Image for
Image for

Then it's a matter of waiting for these two;

Image for

And possibly Shulk in the future. Really hope there'll be a Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta figure!

I'm getting Peach for now. I did have Link on order, but canceled it after they changed his stand with the yellow plastic.

Will be getting Toon Link and also Rosalina.

Mario, Link, Samus, DK, Peach, Kirby, Yoshi and Fox so far!

Great late Birthday presents. Smilie

LINK LINK LINK.

That is all Smilie The rest probably Christmas presents Smilie

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

After all my moaning i finally bit the bullet and got Fox and Samus.

my purchases were based hoping that Nintendo will actually see that at least someone still cares for them 

in hindsight they aren't too expensive as i got them for 7quid each so not bad.

i would probably also buy Captain Falcon as well if i could get him for the same price.

but i will have to wait and see what else amiibo's will actually do to see if its worth buying any more.

only time will tell!

Really surprised on the good build quality of the Mario amiibo. Good fun teaming him and my main Sonic in Smash. Smilie

Handy getting extras in Hyrule Warriors too. Smilie

( Edited 04.12.2014 12:36 by Phoenom )

Kirby is sold out EVERYWHERE! Sucks so much. :/

They must have produced so little of them, for some odd reason.

Seems that Samus might be tricky to find too.

My amiibo Link is a toughie to beat. Enjoy fighting him though, does feel more human than AI if that makes any sense.

I've heard Wii fit Trainer, Villager and Marth are the hardest ones to get. I've seen Peach,Kirby and DK everywhere over here!

Seems like the Amiibos are doing well! Checked around my city last week, not a one to be found; shop assistants said they were flying out as soon as they were delivered!

Taking no chances with Sonic and Mega Man, just preordered them on Zavvi. For a fair price too, unlike GAME and Amazon's sudden price hike. Smilie

I'm pleasantly surprised with how rare amiibo are, but also frustrated that Nintendo have been so off the ball with their stock. Between this and the GameCube adapter, I'm sensing some disappointing Christmases on the horizon.

I'm going with Pit (whose Amazon price remains below £11, thankfully) for the simple fact that Kid Icarus is lacking in any other merch - any representation of my favourite series is welcome! I'll also be getting Toon Link when he comes out, seeing as he's my favourite incarnation of Link and appears to unlock the same benefits in MK8 and Hyrule Warriors.

I saw a topic on GAF mentioning that GAME are hiking prices on these to rip people off, just a heads up.

Just got Pikachu, couldn't resist!

It was a tough call for Nintendo, i guess they didn't want to be lumbered with stock if it failed but at the same time too short of stock if it was successful. Hopefully Nintendo will churn out more stock over the next few weeks to cash in on the demand.

However the Gamecube Adapter for Smash Wii U is unacceptable, they should have made these in masses! To think that it wasn't going to sell out was naive of Nintendo! They better rectify this quickly!

Flynnie said:
It was a tough call for Nintendo, i guess they didn't want to be lumbered with stock if it failed but at the same time too short of stock if it was successful. Hopefully Nintendo will churn out more stock over the next few weeks to cash in on the demand.

However the Gamecube Adapter for Smash Wii U is unacceptable, they should have made these in masses! To think that it wasn't going to sell out was naive of Nintendo! They better rectify this quickly!

Definitely - the stock shortage is ridiculous - it's peak selling time, and it really doesn't sound like Nintendo came prepared. They've been avoiding making public statements about the stock too. Not really professional at all..

Its even worse when they can't fufill pre-orders though and i doubt this is the issue of the retailers. I think people will purchase Smash Bros when the adapter comes back out (if it does) but i feel like amiibo is a heat of the moment purchase and to not restock them is typical Nintendo (artificial demand).

With that said it has made me think about pre-ordering Falcon while i still can...but i have no idea what i want him in the first place! amiibo still does 'nothing'! lol

Lol, do you guys think if I buy an amiibo, carefully remove it from the box (somehow), break one of Fox's legs (or remove the scouter or something), then somehow seal it up = MONEYS?

jb said:
Lol, do you guys think if I buy an amiibo, carefully remove it from the box (somehow), break one of Fox's legs (or remove the scouter or something), then somehow seal it up = MONEYS?

Lol and then return it? Or sell it on ebay...either way i am not sure that is going to go down too well!

Is Fox hard to come by? I still have my Fox and Samus sealed as there isn't much to use them for yet. (As i don't have my Wii U with me)

Rosalina! Smilie She is slowly but steadly growing to be one of my favorite Nintendo character. If only they could do a Lana amiibo so would my amiibo life be complete... Smilie

The difference between illusion and reality is vague to the one who suffers from the former and questionable for the one suffering form the later.

Just bought Captain Falcon..can't help but feel he looks really cheap...

I never realised that he has a gun holster either! He also appears more purple rather than blue but I can't remember his original colour palette these days anyway. 

Imagine turning your copy of New Leaf on one day and finding that.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, GamingLillyCat, mikem52

There are 3 members online at the moment.