Wii U Pro Controller worth it?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I've taken the plunge and ordered SSB, however many people are saying it is a lot better with the Pro Controller, rather than the standard gamepad. What are your thoughts?

It's strange - Thought the GP would be freakin' huge, and whilst it is for Smash, it isn't that bad. Would be a bit worried when playing competitively, as I myself get a little bit too into it lol and may have ended up breaking it.

The Pro Controller is a great option, especially if you can't find a GC adapter - it did take me a little while to get used to the default controls, though, and the second analogue/C-Stick is oddly placed at first. Have gotten used to it, though, and it's a great option.

Definitely useful for MK8 and Super Mario 3D World, as well.

Would definitely consider it!

Went to a friend's over the weekend to play Smash (Wii) - he'd taken his GC controllers to Uni, so we only had Wii Remotes/Nunchuck - I wasn't too bad, though throwing (items, not sheild/A) is impossible with it.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Thanks for that in depth reply. I think I will take the plunge eventually but the prices at the moment are a bit steep.

The Pro controller is one of the best pads ever made. My review for it in fact; Smilie
http://www.cubed3.com/news/17645/1/feature-tech-up--nintendos-wii-u-pro-controller.html

So many of Nintendo's own games and VC/eshop titles support it, it's really worthwhile. Nippon-Yasan is you best bet to get hold of one. They'll be japanese models but it's region free anyway. Smilie

( Edited 10.12.2014 22:29 by Phoenom )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.