Cubed3's Smash 4 Online Tournament | #1

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Cubed3 Smash 4 Online Tournament #1

Welcome to the very first online Smash 4 tournament on Cubed3! I am your host, Marzy and today we see members flock to signing up to this brand new tournament!

Tournament Bracket

Cubed3 SSB4 Challonge Bracket

C3 Chatroom

The C3 Chatroom is a great place for participants to organise their match-ups, instead of using Skype or PMing each other.

Feel free to use it, here: Cubed3 Chatroom

Overview

Members have to post below to sign up and they will be picked at random and matched against each other for the first matches. The matches will be won by being the best of three. For example, if I win two of the three matches I play against my opponent, I win the tier! Afterwards the winners of each tier will go against each other until a winner emerges! Players of all skill are welcome - this tournament is open to all. Just simply sign up to the Cubed3 forums if you're not a member yet and register for the tournament by posting below!

The full tournament bracket will be kept track of at Challonge:
Cubed3 SSB4 Challonge Bracket

Rules

This tournament is for the Wii U version of Smash 4

• No items allowed
  • Omega versions of stages only, but all regular stages allowed - choose Random
  • No custom stages
  • Matches will be 3 stock
  • The best of 3 matches wins!
  • Players have 3 days to take part in each of their matches - a winner will be picked at random if it doesn't take place within this time
  • ALL characters allowed, except Miis
  • No custom moves or parts
  • No touching of the hair or face

Prizes

Winner: 20 Stars
Runner-Up 10 Stars
3rd and 4th Place: 5 Stars each

Everyone will get at least 1 star for taking part

Participants

Name - NNID
  • Marzy - MarzyMarrs
  • SirLink - SirLinkofTime
  • Az - Azuardo
  • Lewis - LKR000
  • JB - jbcubed3
  • Mush - C3Mush
  • crackedthesky - crackedthesky
  • Sandy Wilson - Squidgybuffalo
  • Insanoflex - Gypsey-Danger
  • André - Firesplitter
  • benoit489 - benoit489
  • Supa_hyped - supahyped
  • Sonic_13 - Sonic_13
  • Link2thefuture83 - lisandro83
  • Pikasue - suzie_gee
  • Squareeyestaco - squareeyestaco
  • Snowtwo - Snowtwo
  • sdragon64 - SDragon64
  • L - Ricky_SSJ2

Let me know if I've missed anything important out or any suggestions that can improve this tournament. If you have any questions feel free to ask away and I'll fill you in with more detail.

Many thanks and let the sign ups begin!

( Edited 11.05.2015 14:51 by Azuardo )

I'm definitely up for it, but can we wait until Lewis got his Wii U back from repairs? I'd like to at least have one skilled opponent. Smilie

Awesome stuff! We can definitely wait till Lewis gets his Wii U back! It will give plenty of time for people to sign up, too. Smilie

I changed the rules a little and added some more details. I thought it would be nicer to have more play time against opponents, instead of just having one match and then that's it. So I've changed it to a best of 3 matches for each tier.

Good choice to change it to best of 3. Fighting tournaments should always be best of 3, and the final best of 5.

If we got a lot of people, you could do a losers bracket, so that even if you lose in the first round, you still have a chance to come back.

Challonge.com is the perfect tool for this. Used it for my last DOA5 tourney at GAF. Really simple to use, so I could set that up if you wanted, and will be a nice way to keep track and look back at it.

I need my wii u now! XD

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

The good thing is that this means everyone can complete their matches in their own time. No sitting around waiting for hours on end doing the whole thing live lol (took a few hours to do our last GAF tourney. Not always fun when your next match is ages away lol).

Yeah, just having one match would have been far too quick. I can make the final a best of 5 for sure! That would definitely be better and also include a losers bracket. That way the losers will get more game time out of the tournament.

If you could setup a tier listing on Challonge.com once we sort the sign-ups out, that would be awesome, Az!

Tournament Bracket here

Once more people are added it will take its shape properly. And the match-ups aren't final - I'll do a shuffle prior to it beginning. Challonge does it all at a button press.

For those who don't know, the winner of the losers bracket that makes it to the grand final would need to win 6 matches, whereas the finalist from the winners side just needs his 3.

I'm in...!
Just hoping I'm not against Liam in the first round...!

Totally remember the Brawl ones we used to do - skipped a Lecture to play him lol

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

LKR000 said:
I need my wii u now! XD
You better get on for Smash the day you get your Wii U back. Smilie Would be really nice if it shows up this week, so we don't have to decide whether to play Monster Hunter or Smash...yet.

jb said:
I'm in...!
Just hoping I'm not against Liam in the first round...!

Totally remember the Brawl ones we used to do - skipped a Lecture to play him lol

This time I'll be giving you a lecture... IN PAIN!

Yeah, I suck at trash talk. But whatever, I'm in! Smilie

I'll throw my name in there, I should be able to participate.

NNID: crackedthesky
My blog, mostly about writing: http://www.davidjlovato.com

Mush said:

This time I'll be giving you a lecture... IN PAIN!

Yeah, I suck at trash talk. But whatever, I'm in! Smilie

Lol I liked that - star for you

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

I wouldn't mind taking part, got to at least try to win!

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

Does anyone here play competitively? I'm casual as can be, lol. I'm scared I'm going to get totally and utterly destroyed.

NNID: crackedthesky
My blog, mostly about writing: http://www.davidjlovato.com

Can i pley? Tehehehe

crackedthesky said:
Does anyone here play competitively? I'm casual as can be, lol. I'm scared I'm going to get totally and utterly destroyed.
If you mean playing on a level high enough to properly compete in tournaments, probably not...but if you're as casual as you say, you'll likely get destroyed by some of us anyway. Smilie

I actually haven't played Smash since at least a month or so but watching Apex really got me in the mood to get back into it and up my competitive skills.

I'm a complete casual at Smash, and REALLY bad at the game, so I have no doubt I'll be going into the losers bracket after the first rounds. I am going to try my hardest though, I've been practicing for a few hours yesterday and plan to do the same today. In all honestly though, I don't think I'll be able to get that much better, but at least I can say I tried. Smilie

Korone, you're definitely welcome to enter! I'll add you to the list. Smilie

Korone better show up or he'll get crossed off when the tourney begins lol.

Everyone needs to post their Nintendo Network IDs to go into the OP too. If it's okay, I'll add the IDs that I know of.

Once we go over 8 people, there will have to be byes to put people straight into the next round. No avoiding it, but it's the only way to make the tourney fair. It will be randomised who gets a bye.

Gypsey-Danger

I could join if you don't laugh at my, at this point, horribly bad Smash skills... :'( Also, is customized characters allowed or can one even play those online? I am unsure about those kinds of things as I never play online as it is such a nuisance getting online on my Nintendo consoles as it requires some bridging... My username is Firesplitter btw...

The difference between illusion and reality is vague to the one who suffers from the former and questionable for the one suffering form the later.

Nice, thanks guys.

16 people would be perfect - no byes required then. But either way, around this number is good.

Do customised characters offer any drastic advantages? If not, should be fine imo. See what Marzy reckons or what the consensus is on customs, because I have no idea.

I would have loved to join, but I really really really don't have the time. I have tons of stuff to do and I don't know where to get the time. Hopefully next time! 

Would love to join too, even with the fact I'd be torn to pieces.

However with the new baby I'd likely have to randomly drop the pad and walk away at any point so I shall bow out unfortunately.

Next time!

It'd only take like 20 mins max to do a round, then you get time to wait until your next round and plan another time to do it. So I don't think it is as big of a time issue as people immediately think, which is why this setup is so good.

But obviously if you can't find any time at all to play one 10-20-min max round every few days, no probs : ) Hopefully we can do it again (one a month or two?), and those people who missed out can rejoin.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.