Cubed3's Smash 4 Online Tournament | #1

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 24.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Yup good games Smilie
I guess I'll be giving Korone a re match xD

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

It seems like LKR000 has cross my path again hmmmm....... i'm looking forward to our rematch sir. Tehehehehe

Cool... This could possibly be wrapped up this weekend at last.

We might start the league sign ups shortly, but giving plenty of notice for a possible near-April/beginning of April start. Will PM people well in advance, and make sure to only ask people definitely willing to see out all of their matches to take part.

As mentioned before, we can still definitely run more tourneys in conjunction with the league, since the league can potentially go on for months, since there will be many matches for everyone to complete. It's up to everyone whether they take part in either league or tournies, or both.

I'll be online for a while so i'm ready for our match today LKR000

I'm gonna jump online now korone, if your still up for our match?

Yup, go in chat its easier 

Some intense matches against Korone again xD
I won 2-1.

Which game did Korone win? Put him down with the first for now.

For the league, the order of game wins won't matter, just the result. But here, I've included the more detailed results for the heck of it. Don't need to bother for future ones really.

Yeah he won the first game.

Just a reminder for the next few matches. I'm sure you can probably see how it works, but will just give a recap so everyone knows.

L vs SL is a normal Best of 3.

Then the Loser vs LKR000 will be Best of 5 (first to 3 games). Winner of that match goes to the Grand Final.

The Grand Final is again Best of 5, except the person that comes from the Losers Bracket side must win TWO Best of 5s. The advantage is always with the person that never lost a match when it comes to the final - they only need to win a Best of 5 once in the grand final, and they win the tourney.

If the person who comes from the Losers Bracket wins the first Best of 5, that squares things up, and it goes into another match. The winner of that second Best of 5 then wins the tourney.

Just be sure to make note of the order of all games so I can correctly add them to the results. I know it's a pain for people to remember, so will probably just stick with normal result scores for the next tourney.

( Edited 08.03.2015 02:35 by Azuardo )

I'm available today and Lewis should be around too, so we could wrap this up quickly if Ricky is online as well. Not sure about Jorge's idea to stream this stuff, though. I'm guessing he'd join the lobby, SD three times and then start streaming the match? Wouldn't be a bad idea as long as it doesn't cause any lag.

If there are any balance changes in the next big patch, I won't be able to keep those replays, so this would be the only way to have a recording of the Top 3 matches of this tourney.

( Edited 08.03.2015 06:59 by SirLink )

Ya - I've seen a few tourneys where the jigglypuff SDs and on that SD the match begins - not sure exactly how - maybe not for this tourney though, might be a bit fiddly as I haven't tried it just yet!

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

So when do you wanna do our match? I'm not sure if I'll be free later on in the evening so the earlier the better.

Sure, let's do it at 6 UK time. I'll be on the chat then.

Ok I'll try to get on at around 6:10-6:15pm. I won't be able to go on the chat because it doesn't work on my phone so just make a room and I'll join when I get online.

Edit: I'm online now join my game.

( Edited 08.03.2015 18:06 by L )

GGs SirLink, 2-0 to me.

GGs again SirLink, I gotta go eat. I might be on later tonight though if you want to play some more.

( Edited 08.03.2015 18:56 by L )

I'm gonna get a sign ups topic for the league going soon. I did ask Marzy if he wanted to post it while I do the usual Challonge thing, but he'd prefer me to make it, so will do shortly.

Will put a start date of 1st April for it, and then will get in touch with a bunch of people to make sure they have time to decide if they wanna join.

Since it's a league, I think allowing latecomers after the start date would actually be okay, since it's just a round robin format with no knockouts, so long as they play all their matches, but would prefer if people get their name down before the start date. Future tourneys will be strict on no latecomers because it can really mess things around.

I don't know when we should do a new knockout tourney yet. Maybe mid-end April, or May? See what people think.

League sign ups topic posted.

http://www.cubed3.com/topic/900479/1/cubed3-smash-league-sign-ups.html

Please get your name down there if you want to join.

Second thoughts about latecomers joining - adding latecomers means resetting the bracket in Challonge, so again, would prefer to actually be strict on no one joining after the start date unless only a handful of matches have taken place. Avoids pissing about filling results in again.

So yeah, sign up early to make sure you get in Smilie Cheers lads.

Future talk about the league can go in the sign ups topic.

I'll be ready on Saturday to do my last few matches for the tourney.

I'm not sure if I'll be free on Saturday, I'm free on Sunday though.

Sunday will be better for me to fight link anyway so I guess we can get all our matches done tommorrow.

Seeing I lost to finalists makes me feel a little bit better about my own matches. Knowing I got beaten by the best than just losing to someone who dropped out the very next round is a comfort.

Me and link are gonna fight a bit later on as we tried a few times and the lag was pretty bad for some reason.

Edit: I won my games against link 3-0. Are we going to be getting anyone to join mine and Ricky's final to record the matches?

( Edited 15.03.2015 21:17 by LKR000 )

Kinda knew from the start that it'd be us 2 in the finals, just like the Brawl days. XD I can't do our match atm though, I don't have access to the Wii U. Are you free on any of the weekday afternoons or should we wait until the next weekend? Also I don't think it'll be a good idea to have a third person in causing lag. Just save the replays and upload them. 

Weekend sounds good to me. Just give me a time your good for  Smilie

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.