Cubed3's Smash 4 Online Tournament | #1

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 29.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Awww =(

L said:
Awww =(
I've made some amendments to the previous post.

There are really only 2 ways you can join, but it rests on the decision of other people :/

1. Someone drops out and you replace them.
2. SirLink and Snowtwo agree to reset their match, but you fight Snowtwo in R1, playing SirLink in R2.

Finally got a dispatch email from Nintendo stating that I'll be getting my wii u back within the next few days, thank god xD
Is that gonna be alright Az as I don't want to hold the tournament up?

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Lewis - Yeah, that's great. A lot of people still haven't played their matches yet anyway, and won't till like Fri or Sat.

Snowtwo & SirLink - thoughts on being up for resetting your match from Round 2 and Snowtwo then playing L in Round 1? It has to be up to both of you, and I totally understand if neither of you want to do that, but I have to ask, otherwise we'll never get an answer for L.

Cool ^^

I have no problem resetting my match.

It's up to SirLink now.

The ONLY other way I can do it is to switch SirLink and L around, meaning the match between SL and Snowtwo STANDS, but it gets treated as a Round 1 match - meaning SirLink moves into Round 2 with that win to face L.

This retains the result, but obviously it means SL and Snowtwo are brought back a round (their match starts in R1 instead of R2 as previous).

That's the only other feasible way I can do it without resetting the match.

As soon as I add any more people to the current bracket, it forces Snowtwo to be brought back into Round 1 to face the new person. No way around it. But if I switch L and SL around, it means the result can stand, and SL would play L next in R2.

Just also had a delayed PM reply from Sherwinator, saying he wants to join. Will wait for his post in here to confirm if he does.

If I add him after L, the bracket forces Mush and Sherwinator to fight each other in R1, with the winner playing Insanoflex in R2.

It's messy, but it CAN work out without too many problems.

I do need feedback on this ASAP, though. Not gonna do anything if people aren't happy, but it's still very early stages, so this is the time to do any changes if they're needed. It doesn't affect things much at all.

Basically, here is how it would look if we moved the result of SL vs Snowtwo back into Round 1, with Sherwinator and L added:

http://challonge.com/c3test

( Edited 11.02.2015 18:50 by Azuardo )

So you want me to let someone - who's practically guaranteed to win the tournament and knock me right into the loser's bracket - in late? Don't want to sound like a dick, but I'm not too thrilled about that, tbh...

Is L pro?

If it's a no then fair enough. That's why there is a Losers Bracket though. I can't see any other way to do it and give people still a chance to get in. It's just lucky it's still so early that there is a chance for them to join.

If I reset and shuffled things, you could end up playing L or even Lewis or someone else who is good right away. You still have to win all your matches if you wanna win the tourney (or come through the Losers side, which would technically be easier).

Depends how much you're bothered about winning the whole thing I guess, but the only other way if none of the above sounds fair is to reset the entire tourney and shuffle everyone again. But you could end up playing Lewis in R1, so at this point, the above sound like better options.

But like I say, if people aren't happy with the options I've tried to provide to keep things as fair as is feasibly possible at this point, then not letting anyone else in is the only resort. I just see it as a bit of fun though, so not bothered if people join late, but I understand if you don't want to alter anything since you won your match.

One extra way I could possibly do it is like this:

http://challonge.com/c3test

Add in an extra body that Snowtwo supposedly beat in Round 1, keeping your Round 2 match with him intact.

This means Marzy beats the bot in Losers Round too.

Then I would have to shuffle L and Sherwinator to see who ends up playing Sandy or Mush.

So it does mean Sandy has to be brought back to fight one of those instead of Taco, and same for Mush with Insanoflex.

It's a possible option that doesn't ruin your result.

That's better, yeah. See, it's not that I don't want anyone to join or that I care about losing my win against Snowtwo, it's just that the previous plan would suddenly drop a big threat right on me thanks to a change after the tournament was already finalised. Obviously this is all for fun, but I'm competitive enough that I'm not happy with my chances getting killed after it already started. This wouldn't bother me if it was the initial shuffle and I got unlucky, you know.

But whatever, do it like this. On one condition, though. Ricky owes me some good training matches. Lewis (who is pretty much my rival) has been unavailable for so long and I really need someone to practise with because I haven't played Smash in over a month and I'm rusty as hell.

This is why I made it Double Elimination - if you get a loss even right away, you technically have an easier ride through the tournament by fighting people that aren't as good. It still ends up tough in the latter parts of the losers side anyway, naturally, but it really doesn't matter when you lose that first match - you still need to win the rest of your matches regardless. There is definitely no shame being in the losers bracket! We get to avoid most of the big players until late on lol.

Anyway, glad that's agreed upon.

I just want some confirmation from both L and Sherwinator now. Taco and Sandy planned to play soon, so that needs to be sorted out. Mush said he'd probably play on Sat, so there is time to rearrange who he is fighting.

Hmm? We have feared pros in this tournament? This starts to get interesting... Smilie

Can not wait to follow this tournament as I will likely get beaten out pretty soon..

( Edited 11.02.2015 20:11 by Andre Eriksson )

The difference between illusion and reality is vague to the one who suffers from the former and questionable for the one suffering form the later.

Right, the more I look at this, the more I realise it is messing a few people around. Not my intention, but obviously I just wanted people to come in, have a laugh and play. But we did have a deadline for a reason, and the faffing about is a bit awkward.

If I add L and Sherwinator now, it means Mush and Sandy have to come back out of their current matchups and fight either one of those in Round 1.

If either Mush or Sandy isn't happy about that, then all I can say is that we'll just have to not allow L and Sherwinator to join in at this time.

It is possible to work them in, but it's up to Sandy and Mush if they're okay with fighting either one of them. All I can do is flip a coin to decide who fights who. We need people to be active and be in touch with their opponents, too, so I'd hate to add them, only for them not to be around often.

We will definitely have more of these tournaments in the future, so there is always next time. But I think it should be fair that we are strict on the deadline for signups. Because, as we've learned today, it really does mess things around and cause a bit of annoyance.

I think Sandy says he's happy to move into R1 to fight either one of them, but need the same from Mush. And then I need to make sure both L and Sherwinator are gonna reply here to confirm, and be active in arranging times with their opponents.

One big clusterfuck at this point, isn't it?

It's not, it's just a lot more time consuming because we have to wait for more people to get on the site to set up their matches with their new opponents.

All it means is L/Sherwinator fights Mush/Sandy.

It's just waiting for L and Sherwinator to get on and set up a time with their opponent ASAP.

The fact we're still waiting for Lewis to get his Wii U means it's not an issue atm, but it means there are people twiddling their thumbs for a while. I still have to wait for my opponents to play and that matchup has been decided since the very beginning, so adding in new people isn't so bad. I just don't want people taking too long. I hope Sherwinator comes on the site to sort this out, basically.

I'm no pro lol, not even close. Just decent at best. Also this is my conformation Az. However if it's too much of a headache for you to include me in the tournament then just leave it man. I appreciate you trying though so thanks.

Not a problem, L. Just need Sherwinator to hopefully get on and confirm ASAP and then I can decide who fights who with a coin.

Blarrg! I'm ready to kick anyone's but so feel free to move me to round 1 Smilie

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

Wii u is officially back Smilie

LKR000 said:
Wii u is officially back Smilie
You better be on tonight. Smilie

Woot! Smilie

If everyone gets their first matches done by Sat/Sun (the ones that aren't waiting on Sherwinator before they can play), then I think if Sherwinator hasn't come back here by the time they're done then I'll just have to leave him out. Don't want to be waiting too long.

I've sent Link2thefuture an email, Lewis, so hopefully he'll come in here and you guys can PM each other and sort a time.

( Edited 12.02.2015 12:49 by Azuardo )

I can tell you that the possibility is low that I will get my match done before the end of this week. My opponent was busy this week so it is highly possible that they might not be able to play me until early next week.

The difference between illusion and reality is vague to the one who suffers from the former and questionable for the one suffering form the later.

Fair enough. Still gives Sher some time to get back here. As long as matches get done in the end, it's fine. Quite literally only takes about 15-20 mins to get those two or three matches done, though, so it really is doable to squeeze them in whenever.

To recap, the matches that have to go on hold until Sher replies are Mush v Insanoflex and Sandy v Taco. This is because adding another person now will force a fight between NewPersonA and Mush, and adding a second will force a fight between NewPersonB and Sandy. If Sher does want to be in then it will be a toss-up between L and him for who fights Mush or Sandy.

Mush and Sandy are totally fine with it, thankfully, but just hope Sher replies sooner than later, so we can get things sorted.

Apologies for messing things about somewhat, but I didn't want to be a cunt and say no. My first thought was not "No, you can't play" - rather, "Can I still work any new people in?", which the answer was Yes. Just means some small delays and reorganising, but it's perfectly doable, and like I say, Mush and Sandy are cool with it and don't mind who they fight.

Other guys taking a while to do their fights means there's still plenty of time anyway.

But yeah, I think next time we'll just have to stick to the deadline to keep it simple.

( Edited 12.02.2015 14:35 by Azuardo )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.