Name That Tune Contest: Episode XI - SEEEEEGAAAAAA Edition!

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Name That Tune Contest: Episode XI - SEGA Edition

Hello here is a new tune contest huuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! This time we have music from all SEGA published and developed games on Nintendo hardware! You know the drill, guess the tunes and you'll get some shiny stars in your inbox. For further information about rules though, check below. Good luck people and enjoy!

To Enter

All you have to do is listen to the 25 music clips in the above YouTube video, and tell me which game they come from. PM me (Marzy) your entry! Do not post your answers in this thread or anywhere else on the forum. Please title your PM something relevant, like "Contest Entry from (your username)", and if you don't have an answer for a clip, leave it blank (but guessing is always wise!).

Example:
1. Tetris
2. Super Mario 64
4. Donkey Kong Land

[fieldset]

Scoring

1 point for a correctly guessed game.

There are no half-points in this edition. You must guess the exact game correctly.

There's no penalty for a wrong answer, so just guess if you don't know! You could get lucky!

[fieldset]

Prizes

Stars are the rewards. Everyone finishing in the top 5 will receive a set amount of stars. Anyone that finishes outside of the top 5 will receive 1 star for participating.

1st place - 20 stars
2nd place - 10 stars
3rd place - 5 stars
4th place - 3 stars
5th place - 2 stars

[fieldset]

Closing Date

Sunday, 1st March, 2015.

[fieldset]

Rules, Tips and Notes

1. This edition has the theme of SEGA music. Every track is from a game created or published by SEGA and only on Nintendo hardware.

2. Do not post your answers in this thread or elsewhere on the forum. PM me (Marzy) your answers.

3. No asking for answers or discussing the answers with others on here. That would be completely unfair for those genuinely trying hard. Anyone caught cheating will be disqualified.

4. If you want to submit a correction, you can. Just PM me again with your updated answers.

5. In the events of equal scores, whoever PM'd me first will be taken into consideration as to who wins. Your most recently-submitted entry will be taken if you corrected something, so bear this in mind.

6. If a song has appeared in more than one game, post the instance that this version appears from. If the version is in more than one game, posting any of the games it appears in is acceptable.

7. Don't worry if you think you cannot guess them all. Do your best and take a guess; there is no penalty for a wrong answer, so you could get lucky and get it right! There are no half-points in this edition - you must guess the exact game correctly.

8. No extra credit is given to guessing the name of the song. It would make it more difficult to guess the song name, so just the name of the game only please!

9. Be exact in your answer. If the game is a sequel, include the full title, sequel number or subtitle.

10. I will announce the winners in this thread as soon as I've counted up the scores after the contest ends.

[fieldset]

Answers

1. Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
2. Sonic Advance
3. Crazy Taxi
4. Super Monkey Ball 3D
5. Sonic Adventure
6. House of the Dead: Overkill
7. Sonic Unleashed
8. NiGHTS
9. Madworld
10. 3D Super-Hang-On
11. Sonic and the Secret Rings
12. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
13. FZero GX
14. Sonic: Lost World
15. Super Monkey Ball 2
16. Sonic Adventure
17. Sonic Aventure 2: Battle
18. Samba de Amigo
19. Madworld
20. Sonic Heroes
21. NiGHTS
22. Super Monkey Ball
23. 3D Space Harrier
24. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
25. House of the Dead: Overkill

[fieldset]

Results

Position & Name | Number of Points | Stars Awarded

1st: Azuardo | 16 | 20 Stars
2nd: Rudy | 13 | 10 Stars
3rd: Ifrit | 5 | 5 Stars

( Edited 01.03.2015 13:35 by Marzy )

Just want to clarify, there might be ports in here with very slightly altered titles, so if you don't say the exact name and say the original name for the game, then don't worry, you'll still get a point. I'm not going to be that harsh on it.

Good luck all! Hopefully this one won't be quite as difficult as the Rare one, as these have all been on Nintendo consoles. As I've said before, don't worry if you hardly know any, you could still end up getting stars. Ifrit got stars and 3rd place for getting 5 right last time! So have a go and don't be scared, it's just for fun! You might get some right just from guessing!

Our member of the week

Was gonna say if they're Sega titles, I stand little chance this time XD, but might be OK if they're on Nintendo hardware.

So we're talking about Sega developped games? Not published, right? Cause there are a lot of Sega published titles out there that Sega had no involvement in the development thereof.

EDIT: OK sorry I get it, I don't need an answer after listening to it Smilie.

( Edited 20.02.2015 13:53 by RudyC3 )

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

My Sega knowledge is a bit better than Rare but still another nice challenge this is Smilie Think I've done better with this one! Smilie

Our member of the week

My own knowledge of Sega is MUCH worse XD. I'm not gonna win this one, I'm sure Smilie. Will enter, but have to give everything a deeper listen.

Our member of the week

I entered. Had to take lots of wild guesses and very few that I am absolutely sure about. I'm totally NOT the Sega fan XD.

Well hard again lol. Should have most of the Sonic ones down, but I'm less familiar with the more recent entries, because they got less interesting and are still mostly shit, so no idea if there are any newer Sonic ones in there. Just bothered about getting the games I know right XD

Sorry for the difficulty, guys! I'll try to make it easier next time (I know I said that last time, but next time I'll make sure of it!).

My next theme should definitely make it a little more easier. It will be title screen tracks!

Post new one today, Marzy. Or tomorrow. cba Sunday.

LOL! You'll have to wait and see! Smilie

Maybe tomorrow.

Or maybe today. Souuuund.

Absolutely fuming. Where is it Marzy?

Tomorrow! :3

Disgrace this.

;_;

Okay, lets wrap this up! Azuardo wins with 16 points! Rudy and Ifrit come 2nd and 3rd!

Congratulations! The results are in the OP!

Our member of the week

Blimey, I didn't get the Billy Hatcher ones and it didn't even occur to me that that game might be in there, otherwise I could have squeezed in that name for a couple more guesses XD. Funny how everywhere I guessed Sonic and got it wrong, it was indeed a Sonic game, but just a different one XD. Sonic music is just easily identifiable as such in general Smilie, but pinpointing the right game isn't easy,even more so for me when the only one I played quite a bit off, outside the Megadrive ones, is Sonic Adventure 2, and Adventure 1 to a lesser extent. Oh yeah I played quite a bit of Sonic Rush as well, and a tiny bit of Sonic 4 Episode 1 but I couldn't remember a single track from that one. The rest of the series, I simply didn't play at all.

( Edited 01.03.2015 14:58 by RudyC3 )

Yeah, in the future, I'll give out half-points to make it a bit more fair/easier. Good job though, that was a real tough contesnt, so you did well! Smilie

That's why I think half points should be in haha. I could identify Sonic music when I didn't know the exact game, but still managed to get most of them, but only cause the Sonic Adventure music is so memorable. I thought Billy Hatcher had to be in there so I guessed that about 4 or 5 times and got lucky with one XD

Shall I give the stars out, Marzy? (I typed Mary at first loool)

Yes! Please, Az. Smilie

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.