Resident Evil Revelations 2

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Discuss Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (PlayStation 4), news, the latest pictures and videos!

Anyone else playing this game right now?

I unfortunately made the mistake of purchasing it on PC, and as much as I want to love it, its a damn mess. At any decent settings, you will suffer from stuttering frame rates, to the point where the only way I managed to fix it was setting the options to a resolution of 1024 x 768, no VSync, frame rate of 30 and everything on low. it has crashed several times in the 45 minutes I spent on the game so far.

And there is this.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398586184&tscn=1424848364

Resident Evil 6 may have had a better PC port...

I have only downloaded my ps4 copy so I'll be playing it this evening after work!

Also I would love the series to be called Biohazard out here as what the heck does Resident Evil mean? Evil Residents? Evil is Resident somewhere? I know the series is extremely popular under the Resident Evil title but at least Biohazard describes the content! XD

( Edited 25.02.2015 08:56 by Sandy Wilson )

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

I can't wait for the disc of RE.

Sandy - It goes back to the original re1 game which took place at a mansion in the woods next to a small town.

Resident refers to living there, and evil, because of the zombies and unknown danger.  Thats where the name came from.

Dragon0085 said:
I can't wait for the disc of RE.

Sandy - It goes back to the original re1 game which took place at a mansion in the woods next to a small town.

Resident refers to living there, and evil, because of the zombies and unknown danger.  Thats where the name came from.

I know. XD I just have always preferred Biohazard, which now seems to fit the game better than Resident Evil does.

Also I was originally going to wait for the disc and then yesterday I was like nah and just bought it on PSN Smilie

Gonna wait for the ps4 disc version so I get all the content. I've also got way too much to play atm.

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Well, after a full day with the PC copy, I've come across more flaws.

First of all, they didn't include any offline co-op in this version. Given the campaign co-op was offline only, we don't get it at all. We also can't play Raid mode with anyone else until late March because of this, while console gamers still have that available with offline co-op.

The other being Raid Mode, where it will attempt to connect and upload your stats to residentevil.net, only for most users to find it unable to connect and just get stuck there until you force the game to close. Which prevents it from saving your progress for that level. The fix for that is to make sure your PC isn't connected to the internet when you play the game.

As a bonus, pre ordering was pointless since all the DLCs you got for doing so are day one DLCs available for purchase to everyone.

I'm in swearing territory with the quality of this release. If I could go back in time, I'd smack myself upside the head and tell me to get the PS3 version instead.

Yeah, its a shame that they messed it up. I hope they patch it quick. It would be a shame to mess it up and not fix it like resident evil 4's original port.

So now I can get a refund from Steam for the game if I want. But it will be my $40 locked into my Steam wallet, where I'd consider it **** useless. It won't get me another copy of the game, and honestly I rarely buy on Steam anyway (preferring bundles or cheaper sites) and would have little use for the cash there. Bleh.

At least Dragonball Xenoverse is a great PC release. I'll have something to do over the weekend while cursing Capcom.

Comment on Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (PlayStation 4)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Developer

Capcom

Publisher

Capcom

Genre

Horror

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  7/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10 (1 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now   
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.