Name That Tune Contest: Episode XII - Nintendo Intro & Title Screens

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Name That Tune Contest: Episode XII - Nintendo Intro & Title Screens Edition

Hello here is a new tune contest huuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! This time we have music from intro and title screens from Nintendo developed and published games! You know the drill, guess the tunes and you'll get some shiny stars in your inbox. For further information about rules though, check below. Good luck people and enjoy!

To Enter

All you have to do is listen to the 25 music clips in the above YouTube video, and tell me which game they come from. PM me (Marzy) your entry! Do not post your answers in this thread or anywhere else on the forum. Please title your PM something relevant, like "Contest Entry from (your username)", and if you don't have an answer for a clip, leave it blank (but guessing is always wise!).

Example:
1. Tetris
2. Super Mario 64
4. Donkey Kong Land

[fieldset]

Scoring

1 point for a correctly guessed game.

There are no half-points in this edition. You must guess the exact game correctly.

There's no penalty for a wrong answer, so just guess if you don't know! You could get lucky!

[fieldset]

Prizes

Stars are the rewards. Everyone finishing in the top 5 will receive a set amount of stars. Anyone that finishes outside of the top 5 will receive 1 star for participating.

1st place - 20 stars
2nd place - 10 stars
3rd place - 5 stars
4th place - 3 stars
5th place - 2 stars

[fieldset]

Closing Date

Sunday, 8th March, 2015.

[fieldset]

Rules, Tips and Notes

1. This edition has the theme of intro and title screen music. Every track is from a game created or published by Nintendo and only on Nintendo hardware.

2. Do not post your answers in this thread or elsewhere on the forum. PM me (Marzy) your answers.

3. No asking for answers or discussing the answers with others on here. That would be completely unfair for those genuinely trying hard. Anyone caught cheating will be disqualified.

4. If you want to submit a correction, you can. Just PM me again with your updated answers.

5. In the events of equal scores, whoever PM'd me first will be taken into consideration as to who wins. Your most recently-submitted entry will be taken if you corrected something, so bear this in mind.

6. If a song has appeared in more than one game, post the instance that this version appears from. If the version is in more than one game, posting any of the games it appears in is acceptable.

7. Don't worry if you think you cannot guess them all. Do your best and take a guess; there is no penalty for a wrong answer, so you could get lucky and get it right! There are no half-points in this edition - you must guess the exact game correctly.

8. No extra credit is given to guessing the name of the song. It would make it more difficult to guess the song name, so just the name of the game only please!

9. Be exact in your answer. If the game is a sequel, include the full title, sequel number or subtitle.

10. I will announce the winners in this thread as soon as I've counted up the scores after the contest ends.

[fieldset]

Answers

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Super Mario World
3. Super Smash Bros Melee
4. Pilotwings
5. Metroid Prime 3
6. Donkey Kong Country 2
7. Super Mario Kart: Super Curcuit
8. Mario Party
9. Pikmin 3
10. Super Paper Mario
11. Animal Crossing
12. Starwing
13. Spirit Tracks
14. Kirby's Adventure
15. Yoshi's Island
16. Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire
17. Super Mario Galaxy 2
18. Metroid
19. Earthbound
20. Wave Race: Blue Storm
21. F-Zero GX
22. Kid Icarus
23. 1080 Snowboarding
24. Kirby's Epic Yarn
25. Nintendo Land

[fieldset]

Results

Position & Name | Number of Points | Stars Awarded

1st: Rudy | 22 | 20 Stars
2nd: Azuardo | 15 | 10 Stars
3rd: Ifrit | 10 | 5 Stars
4th: SirLink | 7 | 3 Stars

( Edited 08.03.2015 17:41 by Marzy )

Hoping this one will be a bit easier this time! Smilie

Our member of the week

Just gave it a quick shot, but a couple in there I know I heard before but couldn't name precisely, so will certainly give it another listen later on, and try to be more complete.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer
Our member of the week

Oh boy, some more just came back to me, and I was like ooooooh yeaaaaah that's where that came from, cause some I didn't guess first time around were some games I actually played and/or own personally Smilie but haven't played in a looooooong time. I don't think I'll do better than my second, more complete entry so I'll just leave it at that and hope for the best now Smilie.

All I'll say, you did a good job Rudy! Smilie

So I didn't? Soundd. Played, Rudy lad.

Our member of the week

Good Lord, the contest is till Sunday, don't say that yet XD.

I'll do my entry on Saturday, sorry I didn't join the last ones Marzy. It's more frustrating than fun for me if I have almost no knowledge of the source material, as was the case for Rare and Sega.

I'll send mine in either tomorrow or Saturday Smilie 

Put the next tune contest up tonight, since I prefer to do stuff on Saturdays.

Marzy can still close his tomorrow.

http://www.cubed3.com/topic/900460/1/name-that-tune-contest-episode-xiii-mario-edition.html

Alright peeps! Last chance to get your entries in! Smilie

Will give everyone a few more hours to get them in.... About 5pm I'll start tallying up the results.

( Edited 08.03.2015 11:40 by Marzy )

Results are in! Thanks to everyone who entered! Smilie

Sorry, no Power Rangers. Az!

( Edited 08.03.2015 17:42 by Marzy )

I preferred it better when I thought it was Power Rangers.

What the fuck are those lyrics anyway?

Oh, here we go XD

And just because:

( Edited 08.03.2015 18:08 by Azuardo )

Yeah, it sounds like a monster is singing it!

Our member of the week

I swear part of the excerpt of the music from Super Paper Mario that you chose sounds like the melody from the Trainer Battle in Pokémon Diamond/Pearl XD.

Listen to the vid for the contest starting 1:53 and the following notes, and then listen to the music below from 0:13, and the following notes :

I looked for a Pokémon game having that title screen music, I swear, but obviously there was none. But I was still sure it must be a Pokémon game Smilie. Because of the similarity between the two with that tiny part alone XD. When all along it was another game I own and played, but I can't possibly remember everything Smilie.

x) I did pick quite a hard part of the tune to guess. Congrats on winning, Rudy!

It's one my favourite tunes from the Paper Mario series. Smilie

( Edited 08.03.2015 19:34 by Marzy )

Handed out the stars for this. I forgot to do it earlier lol

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.