my "year of starfox" idea

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I know there is a starfox wii u thread but here it goes... since it's the year of starfox (according to miyamoto) they should put starfox snes on the virtual console before starfox wii u comes out. Now I know it won't due to the fx chip but I will say this though: 1.contrary to popular belief: the fx chip is not hard to emulate at all (It was done on modded wii's too!) it was all a copyright issue and 2. even if it was a copyright issue, I heard that all super fx patents expired and entered public domain a while ago (can anyone confirm that?). so in short: anyone can use the chip (legally) now. I know starfox 64 is arguably better game (I agree too) but it wouldn't feel as special (or exciting) since it was re-released on wii vc and remade for the 3ds already. with all that said, I'm not optomistic and I own the cart already on snes & I wouldn't buy it again but I'd like to see it on the wii u's vc anyway. sorry for the long post starfox fans.

formally known as brando67854321

Am pretty sure they'd be able to put Star Wing and Star Fox 64 on the VC, would be great, would love to try Assault as well.

Love this tune:

Bombastic Genesis remix:

And this!

( Edited 02.03.2015 23:10 by jb )

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

jb said:
Am pretty sure they'd be able to put Star Wing and Star Fox 64 on the VC, would be great, would love to try Assault as well.
I never said that Star Fox 64 should not come to the wii u vc even though N64 vc and (most likely star fox 64 too) will probably be on the wii u vc first despite the former being announced ages ago in a nintendo direct and not being available yet.  I'm not optimistic about this either that's why I bought the snes cart. Though, that doesn't mean I don't want it on the wii u virtual console but it's looking less and less likely every year (off topic but see the inferior gba port of yoshi's island, there were many salty tears that day when it got announced (stupid chip)). I just hope this is the yearstarfox and yoshi's island (SNES) gets announced for the wii u virtual console... but it won't happen. Smilie Sorry If I sounded like a broken record from this post to my first post.

Hmm - well, hopefully they would consider it, at least, certainly is a piece of history in the technical side of things. 

Always good to have a physical cart anyway, as a collector and to even sell on one day anyway.

Think it's more likely we'll see Star Fox (Wing), Star Fox 64 and Assault than Adventures, though.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

jb said:
Hmm - well, hopefully they would consider it, at least, certainly is a piece of history in the technical side of things. 

Always good to have a physical cart anyway, as a collector and to even sell on one day anyway.

Think it's more likely we'll see Star Fox (Wing), Star Fox 64 and Assault than Adventures, though.

why because of RARE? nah Starfox adventures is probably gonna get re-released like the DKC trilogy unless there is something else blocking a re-release. Though, I'm not gonna worry about those 2 gamecube starfox games until a gcn vc "magically" happens on wii (really nintendo the GCN adapter is just for smash wii u for no reason? Now you need more than a patch to fix that problem!) In fact I find starfox adventures and GCN vc on wii u more likely than starfox snes on wii u vc which is a giant let down Smilie(I'd love to try starfox adventures but still).

( Edited 04.03.2015 02:09 by gamemasterB )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
jesusraz

There are 1 members online at the moment.